Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    What I don't think people are understanding is this was meant to be negative as well as positive. This is not just a mechanic to improve your gear... this fits perfectly into the storyline with N'Zoth infesting our world and corrupting everything around it. Not every mechanic around gear is going to improving the quality...
    well it would make sense if it was permanent, but you can cleanse it, so.. its just stupid

also the system itself is bland, boring and uninspired

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Not even a major masochist would play this RNG shitshow. How incompetent Ion be. Don't they realise they lose way more players than they get because of this garbage? For nothing in the world i play this crab. Seriously, time and energy is way to precious to waste it on this.
    Yeah Yoda, don't waste your precious time trying to play with crabs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    Thats your problem, its just OCD, most mythic raiders clear the tier and they are done, they dont care about getting everything titanforged, if they dont care about that why would you? i dont get it.
    Pretty much, I don't have my bis azerite chest from Za'qul, couldn't care less tbh tier's done.

Honestly thought RNG gem sockets and titan-forging was bad, but this is in a whole new league of bad. Actually thinking about just giving up and maybe coming back once its gone next expan or tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Can someone give me any reason why this is any better than titanforging? Any reason, at all?
    It’s not. It is much much worse.

Seems pretty cool.

Just the more reason for me to not even bother much with this patch. Guess there might still be a bit of hope that the next expansion can set things right, but BFA is just done at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    People complain way too much about titanforging and RNG.
    And for good reason. It's over the top in retail. So they responded by giving us an even more RNG system...

Why are people saying M+ is dead? Corrupted gear drops from Mythic+ as well, per a blue post.

If titanforging is gone, they'll just add static ilvl drops in the mythic+ cache. There's no reason to assume otherwise.

M+ isn't going anywhere...

The goal of corrupted gear is to devalue wf/tf from solo content....end game content like mythic raiding and M+ is not gonna be affected by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    Yeah you can negate the corruption by farming. Farm some Azerite, farm the new mode for progress your legendary cloak, farm farm farm.

Bfa isn't stands for Battle for Azeroth, but instead Battle, Farming, Azeroth.

This system is much mors worse than Titanforging was. This is a sh*t.
    I was thinking it meant Better Farm A lot.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

So, how about those sockets then? Jewelcrafting byebye?

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well it would make sense if it was permanent, but you can cleanse it, so.. its just stupid

also the system itself is bland, boring and uninspired
    This is just speculation, but I assume when you cleanse it you'll also lose the equip effect that comes with it, so either both or none. I don't think they'll allow to just cleanse corruption and keep the effect, that would be just plain stupid.
    Last edited by Xerfall; 2019-10-25 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Wrong quoted reply

People here seem to misunderstand the fact that blizz indeed listened, but they didnt listen to everything sadly, this system will keep the ilvl progression in check, meaning that the "ilvl inflation" issue that people argued about is solved, the strongest corrupted pieces will come from the hardest content, again they listened about the "ez af content rewarding bis" argument, the bad part is that they ignored the "way too much rng" argument, so we got this corrupted system, but people need to understand that this IS better than titanforging, but they didnt get rid of the RNG, which still bothers a lot of people.

This is enough... we should quite literally all unsub...

I mean are they purposly destroying their game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Biscuit View Post
    This part isn’t QUITE true. Since you’ll only be able to handle so much corruption and it can roll on every slot, you’re looking for the desired corruption ANYWHERE, not just on a specific gear. So, my BiS gloves can drop and it’s not a big deal if they don’t have the corruption I want if I can get it on my boots instead, etc
    Yes, the corruption can come from any piece of gear. It's also true you're going to want as many secondary stat boosting pieces as you can get while keeping your corruption as low as possible. If you can manage 5 pieces and keep your gear at sub 60 corruption level it will probably be better than 4 pieces at 75.

It's still on a piece by piece basis. A tier 3 piece (aka the highest secondary stat you can get) is going to have a corruption value of 20 - 25 corruption. So 3 pieces that give you 60 total corruption are going to much more valuable than 3 pieces that give you 75 corruption total.

The break points for the debuffs are 10, 20, 40, 60.

For those same pieces of gear above, in Example A with 60 total corruption, it means the following debuffs:
    - 70% slow, 60,811 damage with a 12 yard radius, 10% extra incoming damage and healing reduction
    For Example B, it means the following:
    - 80% slow, 68,601 damage with a 14 yard radius, 20% extra incoming damage and healing reduction

If they make every gear that drops be corrupt would help solve issues with their RNG?

OK so after actually playing around with this on the PTR and thinking about it more...

This is fucking stupid. The devs have literally not listened to anything. It's just RNG on RNG on RNG.

Fucking retards, just remove WF/TF and give us a benthic-type upgrade system. problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    This is just speculation, but I assume when you cleanse it you'll also lose the equip effect that comes with it, so either both or none. I don't think they'll allow to just cleanse corruption and keep the effect, that would be just plain stupid.
    Not sure you quoted the right person here as it doesn't really relate to what I said at all sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Why do you care where other players get their loot from
    You're mistaken, I don't.

I absolutely dislike having to farm Mythic+ to stay up on par with everyone else. I hate it even more if I have to farm it multi-time in hope to get good RNG proc. I like it when my gearing end goal is simple and from raid.

Min/max is fun in my own way when I have a clear and solid end goal. Once I get them, I'll be free to enjoy the game at my own pace instead of wasting hours on hours farming Mythic+ in hope to get more upgrade. It's a treadmill trap.

Yeah, I could just not do it. It's not easy for me to "NOT" do it. I feel compelled to do that to feel valid with my own character progression even if it's not fun. It'll only accelerate the burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    I like the sense of progression with CLEAR goal. I want set in the stone BiS list so I know where to farm/hunt. RNG on top of RNG just make me lose drive to play.

Having goal that will give me feel of growth is fun. Having to spend hours on hours of farming the unknown is not fun.
    I do agree that a clear goal is very important. Personally it has always been either finishing a raid tier and/or m+ or challenge modes at a certain level, after i finish those i don't gear up or really play the current tier any longer. I have never felt like titanforging was needed for me to clear my goals.

I've never understood the "all rng is bad" mentality. The higher your skill level the less you are affected by it with the current system. The bigger offenders are azerite gear and trinket balance.
    To me it seems all the complaining about the rng has very little to do with you needing good luck to clear all the content you want in the game, but about beating other people in meters and when you can't, it feels like it is gear instead of something else.

Having played ffxiv lately and how gear works there is really boring to me. It is guaranteed gear with a slight variation on how fast you get it at the high end. I would hate to go back to that on wow where everyone would have the same set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha. Any motivation to return was pretty much killed off while looking at this. What a convoluted mess it looks to be. Bring back titanforging..