Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Like I said, a victory is a victory. It doesn't matter how it's achieved.

She's still just an elf.

Debatable in warcraft lore.

Not everybody can wield the Dragon soul. You need to empower it with the dragon aspect's power and focus it through the focusing iris. Not to mention the heroes needed to travel back into the past to secure it in the first place; something that would have never happened if Arthas had succeeded.

The plague very much effects nature. You have zero lore backing up that wild gods "aren't affected by the plague." And so far as we've seen, EVERYTHING can be affected by necromancy. Old god minions can be turned, Dragons can be turned, titanic creations like giants can be turned... There's zero reason to think that the scourge wouldn't be able to turn a dragon aspect or wild god.
    > Victory is victory, no matter how it is achieved
    > Oh my god do people really not understand how cool the Lich King is, he was defeated only through divine intervention

Please stop using double standards.

Malfurion is also just an elf. Jhaina is just a human. Azshara is just a naga.

There is no evidence that Light is a rational being.

Malfurion easily controlled the Dragon Soul. Even Varo'ten, the night elf who has little or no magic, could shoot from the Dragon Soul. Thrall would choose because of his connection with Earth, necessary for killing Deathwing. That would not be necessary to kill Arthas. The Dragon Soul needed to be strengthened due to the enormous power of Deathwing. Arthas is nothing compared to Deathwing; he can be killed with the original version. Arthas armor can be pierced even by Galakrond's bones. Dragon's soul will turn it to dust.
    LOL what. If Arthas succeeded, perhaps the Aspects would pay attention to him, or N'zoth would release Deathwing to stop the Scourge.

Haha, I was hoping you would ask for evidence about the plague. I do not affirm anything if I cannot prove it.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/King_Dred
    And this is not even a wild god. Just a big devilosaur.

Red dragons have a ritual that prevents the creature from being raised from the dead. You know, Life creatures are very hard to pick up from the dead. The Va'lkyrs could not raise the worgen without LK's power and the worgen were associated with the Emerald Dream much less than the wild gods or Ysera. Not to mention the fact that any Aspect and many wild gods are stronger than the Lich King. How can he raise a creature stronger than himself? Only titanic creatures that have been subjected to the Curse of the Flesh can be raised. I also do not think that the Lich King could raise from the dead ancients and treants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HailArthas View Post
    You're overrated.

A legion of zombies that are relentless? Sounds kinda OP to me.
    Condolences to you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    If you really think Lich King wouldn't be able to destroy Deathwing any other way... he could just ressurect Galakrond, who is 10x the size of Deathwing, and could stomp him into ground like a fly.
    Can you prove that Galakrond is stronger than Deathwing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    you know in the book night of the dragon Krasus explains that red dragons have no problem raising undead and even shows how easy it is?
    It was in the War of the Ancients, but I am pleased that at least you read books and know lore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post

Choking someone with a rock sounds like a legit way of achieving victory. Have we tried choking Deathwing with a rock? How do you know it wouldn't work? Was his throat also plated with Elementium? Would it even help?
    Yes, great idea, use STONES against the Aspect of EARTH

i guess considering that sylv breaks the helmet and the world doesn't end, the scourge WAS pretty overrated.

thank god for that. it was so stupid that mindless fucking zombies were seen as a world ending threat, when we've got all the powers i've listed that can kill hundreds for every single soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i guess considering that sylv breaks the helmet and the world doesn't end, the scourge WAS pretty overrated.

thank god for that. it was so stupid that mindless fucking zombies were seen as a world ending threat, when we've got all the powers i've listed that can kill hundreds for every single soldier.
    You are absolutely right!
    I am very happy about the Shadowlands, because Blizzard said that in the pre-patch we will fight with the Scourge army, which remained uncontrolled. And, obviously, this army will not be able to defeat even the remnants of the Alliance and the Horde after all their wars since the Cataclysm, including the war of blood and the war against N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not overrated in itself, it's just that, during Warcraft 3, it was presented so masterfully through the eyes of humans (like an unstoppable, merciless force) that it stuck. By it's just the consequence of a work of art, not overrating. They wanted to convey a message and they did so very well, nothing wrong about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    It's not overrated in itself, it's just that, during Warcraft 3, it was presented so masterfully through the eyes of humans (like an unstoppable, merciless force) that it stuck. By it's just the consequence of a work of art, not overrating. They wanted to convey a message and they did so very well, nothing wrong about it.
    I talked about Scourge of the Wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I pondered a little about the Scourge threat in the Wotlk and came to the conclusion that the Warcraft community greatly overestimates the threat of the undead army.
    I think you underestimate it. Every fallen soldier on our side is a soldier they gain for their armies. This had been shown several times in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    I think you underestimate it. Every fallen soldier on our side is a soldier they gain for their armies. This had been shown several times in the expansion.
    I think you should read the first post.
    The Lich King knew that he could not capture Azeroth by force. The Lich King knew that the Alliance and Horde could sweep away the Scourge and therefore tried to exhaust them. The most powerful creatures of Azeroth did not perceive the Lich King as a serious threat. Aspects were busy, Keeperswere busy, Wild gods were busy.
    Even despite the Nexus war, the war against Yogg-Saron, the Wrathgate and the subsequent siege of the Undercity, and clashes with each other, the Alliance and the Horde still constantly defeated the Scourge (and Arthas held back the Scourge only because he knew that even if he let her out - he will lose. He needed heroes).

I think you should read the first post.
    The Lich King knew that he could not capture Azeroth by force. The Lich King knew that the Alliance and Horde could sweep away the Scourge and therefore tried to exhaust them. The most powerful creatures of Azeroth did not perceive the Lich King as a serious threat. Aspects were busy, Keeperswere busy, Wild gods were busy.
    Even despite the Nexus war, the war against Yogg-Saron, the Wrathgate and the subsequent siege of the Undercity, and clashes with each other, the Alliance and the Horde still constantly defeated the Scourge (and Arthas held back the Scourge only because he knew that even if he let her out - he will lose. He needed heroes).
    Clearly Deathwing was much more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Clearly Deathwing was much more powerful.
    What? (10 characters.)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well they're not gonna just be Scourge they're going to be Ultra Scourge and then there'll be an Even More Burning Legion after them. Shit they went from Old Gods to Void Lords that are just going to be cosmic versions of Old Gods the way the Overmind was to Cerebrates in Starcraft.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I talked about Scourge of the Wotlk
    In the eys of players, that was the same Scourge. One could argue that WotLK presentation was very poor in that, even after years, Northrend still wasn't overrun by undead. But I guess W3's heritage just made WotLK's Scourge look intimidating too.