View Poll Results: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Voters
495. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    408 82.42%
  • No

    87 17.58%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,220
    I'll give corruption gear the benefit of the doubt and see how it pans out. I'm excited to see WF/TF hit the road, that shit annoyed me more than anything. If someone isn't good enough or doesn't have the time to do challenging content, then they don't deserve better gear. The only RNG that should apply when getting gear is drop chance. Your piece of gear either drops or it doesn't, there should never be a chance for the gear to upgrade in quality outside of socket. Honestly they need to rework socketing aswell.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  2. #182
    tier sets - both hands up.
    classic approach to gearing - no, ty.

    I mean, current system isn't perfect either, but i'd say MoP and WoD (as well as Antorus trinket ilvl upgrade) were the best options in the long run.

  3. #183
    I don't like WF/TF gear, having it out of the game even if only for a raid tier is going to be a huge adjustment for everybody. Even more so when you think of how long it or some version of it has been in the game. Many people playing now have never played a version of WoW without it. There are going to be some growing pains with just that switch much less anything else
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  4. #184
    Mechagnome Akta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    536
    The only thing i hate are RNG sockets, they are way too powerful.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

    Charles Baudelaire

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh yes, somehow having different opinion makes one dumb... Are you 12? Because tone of your post suggests child's mentality.

    Not to mention being in minority/having different opinion doesn't automatically invalidate ones point. Just because you are in majority doesn't make your point superior. Just because 80% of society thinks some kind of a god exists, doesn't mean it's true.
    Way to equate a game to real life there, bud. Sounds like you need a break...

    80% of customers asking for something over 20% sure as hell makes their opinion superior.

  6. #186
    ....personally rather they try to make something different than us having the SAME GEAR FOREVER...
    I mean how interesting is getting your stats in a gear but slightly higher..(or lower comparing legion to BFA...)
    I'd rather blizzard try new things and see what sticks over

    Artifacts I think were great....azerite not so much and kinda in wait and see mode for corrupted gear

  7. #187
    tier sets aren't coming back unless transmogging is removed for them.

    why would you spend time on the art, let alone the set bonuses if they're just min/max'd and then transmog'd to whatever they want it to look like anyway.

  8. #188
    My take on this expansion is that there are too many systems in play here. Keeping track of them all is a full time job and not one I am interested in doing.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    tier sets aren't coming back unless transmogging is removed for them.

    why would you spend time on the art, let alone the set bonuses if they're just min/max'd and then transmog'd to whatever they want it to look like anyway.
    cause more players are honestly concerned with the power than the tier set

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Way to equate a game to real life there, bud. Sounds like you need a break...

    80% of customers asking for something over 20% sure as hell makes their opinion superior.
    Why not make parallels to real life? Because they don't align with your pov? You call other posters dumb just because they don't share your opinion, if someone needs break from a forum discussion, it's a guy who point's fingers at others and shouts "DUMB" like a little kid.

    80% of mmochamp posters doesn't equal 80% of customers. Not to mention it's not a precedent that big chunk of playerbase calls for a change that would only make game worse, like flying from the get go, no LFR, etc. Players are not game designers.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    You're gambling with your time.

    Did you get a new item through the raid? Yep! Did it WF/TF/Roll Tertiary stats? No.. Go again until them slots line up!

    Sounds like gambling to me.
    If your time is so precious to you to the point you consider this gambling, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

    Edit: Should be read generally, not attacking you personally.
    Last edited by Nachtigal; 2019-10-25 at 06:52 AM.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by EskwyreX View Post
    Which you can't get without, you know, doing the actual gameplay.
    If you say the game would be boring without a feature like titanforging (which hasn't existed for the largest part of WoW) then you probably don't care much about the gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    frostbolt/shadowbolt spam=top deeps=much gameplay! such wow!
    Congratulations on misreading my post.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Why not make parallels to real life? Because they don't align with your pov? You call other posters dumb just because they don't share your opinion, if someone needs break from a forum discussion, it's a guy who point's fingers at others and shouts "DUMB" like a little kid.

    80% of mmochamp posters doesn't equal 80% of customers. Not to mention it's not a precedent that big chunk of playerbase calls for a change that would only make game worse, like flying from the get go, no LFR, etc. Players are not game designers.
    Do you really know know what words like "sample size" mean, or how polls work? Also, no one said your opinion is dumb because 80% disagree with it. I just said 80% of people think your opinion is dumb. Also, LFR was added due to high demand.... Anything else you'd like me to effortlessly pick apart?

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Do you really know know what words like "sample size" mean, or how polls work? Also, no one said your opinion is dumb because 80% disagree with it. I just said 80% of people think your opinion is dumb. Also, LFR was added due to high demand.... Anything else you'd like me to effortlessly pick apart?
    Your posts states "you and your opinion" but I guess you edfortlessly picked that apart and chose to not mention that childish bit. You don't seem to understand how sample sizes work, because for a respectable sample size you'd need a mix of every kind od player in your sample, not just a bunch of more devoted/hardcore players that sit on the forums.

    Yes, LFR was added due to high demand, but there is also a high demand to remove it, so what's your point?

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Way to equate a game to real life there, bud. Sounds like you need a break...

    80% of customers asking for something over 20% sure as hell makes their opinion superior.
    Correction, 80% of ppl of this forum in this exact thread section. Which is not much tbh. Most ppl that dont care about something or really like something dont botter comming to forums to say how great something is.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by ornichi View Post
    tier sets - both hands up.
    classic approach to gearing - no, ty.

    I mean, current system isn't perfect either, but i'd say MoP and WoD (as well as Antorus trinket ilvl upgrade) were the best options in the long run.
    Maybe I should have stated it clearer in the beginning, but the intent was not to go back to vanilla conditions. Only to a place with no Azerite armor, titanforge etc.

    Azerite armor I don’t like because I feel the standard talent system needs more work before they add other systems into the game. Most specs in the game have talents which are completely undertuned. They should finish one job before moving on to the next.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Correction, 80% of ppl of this forum in this exact thread section. Which is not much tbh. Most ppl that dont care about something or really like something dont botter comming to forums to say how great something is.
    The poll still show a tendency.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Why not make parallels to real life? Because they don't align with your pov? You call other posters dumb just because they don't share your opinion, if someone needs break from a forum discussion, it's a guy who point's fingers at others and shouts "DUMB" like a little kid.

    80% of mmochamp posters doesn't equal 80% of customers. Not to mention it's not a precedent that big chunk of playerbase calls for a change that would only make game worse, like flying from the get go, no LFR, etc. Players are not game designers.
    I totally agree with you that Players don’t always know what is good for the game. However, I do believe that if a large part of the playerbase dislike a certain system, then Blizzard should maybe consider removing it. Because at the end of the day the purpose of the game is for the players to enjoy it.

    Also, I’m not saying that this poll is equal to a large part of the playerbase, however, currently 300 people have voted which at least show some tendency. It could be better but it’s a good initial indication I believe.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-25 at 07:32 AM.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.
    imagine getting upset over something as silly as RNG titanforge procs.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    If item is meh or bis till next tier, you know that before you even get the item. Are you new?
    Pray tell how you know a damn thing before hand? The game decides how good the item will be ya moop. It MAY be your bis item but if the GAME decides to not use it's massive skill index have fun killing the same shit over and over waiting for a random proc to give you the best.

    Not getting into this with you beyond this. You may know what a boss drops but if the item drops that doesn't mean that is good for you because of the current system (tf) back then you knew what a boss drops if you got my item you knew you're good until the next tier or whatever.

    Current system with a normal player (no lfr)
    And NO tf proc

    Do normal. Do heroic. Do mythic

    For one raid

    Old say bc

    Clear T4....Clear T5....Clear T6
    ^linera progression that didn't rely on rng that could even let you skip content cause ilv inflation was so high.

    Old path had better quality of life and raiding.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Could just try making an addictivlely fun game again instead of all this rng timegating bs
    This, remember when wow was known as world of warcrack?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    citation needed,also even if its true,it is completly irelevant,casual games like classic will usualy be more popular
    Exactly, I'd bet more people play candy crush than wow too rofl
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

    Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

    I'm just curious.
    normal is boring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •