Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Well, would you look at that? You're in the 20%... 80% of the players think you and your opinions are dumb. I genuinely wonder if when Blizzard reverts this, will you continue to worship their decisions? Do you have any thoughts of your own?
    Oh yes, somehow having different opinion makes one dumb... Are you 12? Because tone of your post suggests child's mentality.

Not to mention being in minority/having different opinion doesn't automatically invalidate ones point. Just because you are in majority doesn't make your point superior. Just because 80% of society thinks some kind of a god exists, doesn't mean it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not every single piece of high ilvl gear should be locked behind raids either. The list can go on and on for multiple reasons.
    I just think there should be a good correlation between the challenge of the content and the quality of the reward. This also applies to the difference between bosses inside the raids. It is completely crazy to me, that Mythic Aszhara drops the same level of gear as the first 3 EP bosses on mythic. Aszhara is lightyears ahead in terms of difficulty and the reward should therefore also be greater.

I also think it should be harder to get a mythic grade piece of gear from your weekly chest. In my opinion the limit for this should at least be +15 instead of just +10 as it is right now. Finishing a +10 key is a joke, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-25 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    The problem with that, as someone who played classic from retail, is in classic once i farm my pre bis, i just log into raid and have no incentive to play outside raid hoping for raid bis drops because ive capped out by just farming normal dungeons.
    What's wrong with that?

I raid log now on retail. Neck at 70, all essences at least rank 3, mythic geared, BiS azerite pieces, BiS trinkets. Apart from pushing keys, why else would I bother to log in? How is the chance of increasing my overall ilvl by 0.3 an incentive to do otherwise?

Having deterministic rewards is far more engaging and fulfilling than getting a random assortment of stats upgrades (and now downgrades), even if it means you eventually reach the end.

I don't like any form of Titanforging. But this doesn't apply to the concept corruption is going for. I dislike that corruption is using RNG to gain extra stats, I don't have an issue with the concept of the gear making your gameplay harder but rewarding you with more power. I just wish it could, for instance, be utilized with currency instead of "you win the RNG lottery!" like Titanforging goes.

I don't want to comment on Azerite gear. I don't hate Azerite gear, I hate the Azerite system, so it doesn't matter.

I like benthic gear as a way to catch up on raiding, I don't like benthic gear for gearing up past that point. If I'm thinking of the right gear, here.

I mean I like tier sets, but what I really want are set bonuses. I don't really care if they are class-oriented or role-oriented. So if you mean that, yeah. That'd be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give corruption gear the benefit of the doubt and see how it pans out. I'm excited to see WF/TF hit the road, that shit annoyed me more than anything. If someone isn't good enough or doesn't have the time to do challenging content, then they don't deserve better gear. The only RNG that should apply when getting gear is drop chance. Your piece of gear either drops or it doesn't, there should never be a chance for the gear to upgrade in quality outside of socket. Honestly they need to rework socketing aswell.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

tier sets - both hands up.
    classic approach to gearing - no, ty.

I mean, current system isn't perfect either, but i'd say MoP and WoD (as well as Antorus trinket ilvl upgrade) were the best options in the long run.

I don't like WF/TF gear, having it out of the game even if only for a raid tier is going to be a huge adjustment for everybody. Even more so when you think of how long it or some version of it has been in the game. Many people playing now have never played a version of WoW without it. There are going to be some growing pains with just that switch much less anything else
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i hate are RNG sockets, they are way too powerful.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh yes, somehow having different opinion makes one dumb... Are you 12? Because tone of your post suggests child's mentality.

Not to mention being in minority/having different opinion doesn't automatically invalidate ones point. Just because you are in majority doesn't make your point superior. Just because 80% of society thinks some kind of a god exists, doesn't mean it's true.
    Way to equate a game to real life there, bud. Sounds like you need a break...

80% of customers asking for something over 20% sure as hell makes their opinion superior.

....personally rather they try to make something different than us having the SAME GEAR FOREVER...
    I mean how interesting is getting your stats in a gear but slightly higher..(or lower comparing legion to BFA...)
    I'd rather blizzard try new things and see what sticks over

Artifacts I think were great....azerite not so much and kinda in wait and see mode for corrupted gear

tier sets aren't coming back unless transmogging is removed for them.

why would you spend time on the art, let alone the set bonuses if they're just min/max'd and then transmog'd to whatever they want it to look like anyway.

My take on this expansion is that there are too many systems in play here. Keeping track of them all is a full time job and not one I am interested in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    tier sets aren't coming back unless transmogging is removed for them.

why would you spend time on the art, let alone the set bonuses if they're just min/max'd and then transmog'd to whatever they want it to look like anyway.
    cause more players are honestly concerned with the power than the tier set

80% of customers asking for something over 20% sure as hell makes their opinion superior.
    Why not make parallels to real life? Because they don't align with your pov? You call other posters dumb just because they don't share your opinion, if someone needs break from a forum discussion, it's a guy who point's fingers at others and shouts "DUMB" like a little kid.

80% of mmochamp posters doesn't equal 80% of customers. Not to mention it's not a precedent that big chunk of playerbase calls for a change that would only make game worse, like flying from the get go, no LFR, etc. Players are not game designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    You're gambling with your time.

Did you get a new item through the raid? Yep! Did it WF/TF/Roll Tertiary stats? No.. Go again until them slots line up!

Sounds like gambling to me.
    If your time is so precious to you to the point you consider this gambling, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Edit: Should be read generally, not attacking you personally.
    Last edited by Nachtigal; 2019-10-25 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EskwyreX View Post
    Which you can't get without, you know, doing the actual gameplay.
    If you say the game would be boring without a feature like titanforging (which hasn't existed for the largest part of WoW) then you probably don't care much about the gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    frostbolt/shadowbolt spam=top deeps=much gameplay! such wow!
    Congratulations on misreading my post.

Why not make parallels to real life? Because they don't align with your pov? You call other posters dumb just because they don't share your opinion, if someone needs break from a forum discussion, it's a guy who point's fingers at others and shouts "DUMB" like a little kid.

80% of mmochamp posters doesn't equal 80% of customers. Not to mention it's not a precedent that big chunk of playerbase calls for a change that would only make game worse, like flying from the get go, no LFR, etc. Players are not game designers.
    Do you really know know what words like "sample size" mean, or how polls work? Also, no one said your opinion is dumb because 80% disagree with it. I just said 80% of people think your opinion is dumb. Also, LFR was added due to high demand.... Anything else you'd like me to effortlessly pick apart?

Do you really know know what words like "sample size" mean, or how polls work? Also, no one said your opinion is dumb because 80% disagree with it. I just said 80% of people think your opinion is dumb. Also, LFR was added due to high demand.... Anything else you'd like me to effortlessly pick apart?
    Your posts states "you and your opinion" but I guess you edfortlessly picked that apart and chose to not mention that childish bit. You don't seem to understand how sample sizes work, because for a respectable sample size you'd need a mix of every kind od player in your sample, not just a bunch of more devoted/hardcore players that sit on the forums.

Yes, LFR was added due to high demand, but there is also a high demand to remove it, so what's your point?

Correction, 80% of ppl of this forum in this exact thread section. Which is not much tbh. Most ppl that dont care about something or really like something dont botter comming to forums to say how great something is.

Quote Originally Posted by ornichi View Post
    tier sets - both hands up.
    classic approach to gearing - no, ty.

I mean, current system isn't perfect either, but i'd say MoP and WoD (as well as Antorus trinket ilvl upgrade) were the best options in the long run.
    Maybe I should have stated it clearer in the beginning, but the intent was not to go back to vanilla conditions. Only to a place with no Azerite armor, titanforge etc.

Azerite armor I don’t like because I feel the standard talent system needs more work before they add other systems into the game. Most specs in the game have talents which are completely undertuned. They should finish one job before moving on to the next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Correction, 80% of ppl of this forum in this exact thread section. Which is not much tbh. Most ppl that dont care about something or really like something dont botter comming to forums to say how great something is.
    The poll still show a tendency.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree with you that Players don’t always know what is good for the game. However, I do believe that if a large part of the playerbase dislike a certain system, then Blizzard should maybe consider removing it. Because at the end of the day the purpose of the game is for the players to enjoy it.

Also, I’m not saying that this poll is equal to a large part of the playerbase, however, currently 300 people have voted which at least show some tendency. It could be better but it’s a good initial indication I believe.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-25 at 07:32 AM.