Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So, how is your guild going?

Things going ok? Things not? Meeting your expectations or has shit turned south for you? How are things going in your guild?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea. I don't have a guild and i'm only level 38 and I have hardly been playing Classic. Probably at 150% (max) rested by now.

My issue is, as a player who started playing about 2 months prior to TBC release back in the actual day, that I'm kind of spoiled by just how much more exciting I found TBC to be compared to Vanilla. So therefore every time I log in to play Classic all can think repeatedly as I'm playing is "This is better than retail, but it's still nowhere near as good as TBC".

I realise I'm not even 60, but I know what there is to do at 60 and it just doesn't appeal enough to me to engage me to level towards it. I'm not too keen on 40 man raiding -- it's simply too big -- and vanilla endgame rotations are too simplistic. The fights are mechanically simplistic too, and any difficulty comes more from the logistical side of acquiring enough people to raid, and the huge, huge number of consumables, if necessary. Spending obscene amounts of gold acquiring / farming consumables and running around grabbing world buffs just to stay competitive? Not appealing.

As for PvP, similar deal. Not too keen on the old system. I actually like arena and resilience and the fact it generates a second avenue of endgame progression, adding hours of goals to the game. And despite the number of people who yell that flying ruined the game and ruined world PvP, I had some of my very very best moments in TBC, and ironically in world PvP WITH flying being a thing.

From a levelling perspective, too. It just drags on a bit TOO long. There's none of the excellent TBC level 50 talents to look forward to, like Vampiric Touch or Crusader Strike.

I'll probably just log in super, super occasionally while I sit tight and wait for TBC, which is - for me - when the game truly took off. It made some of my favourite specs viable, opened up the debuff limit to 40, which allowed people to use more of their abilities in raids, made raid sizes more manageable (25 was a good number) and started to introduce generally more interesting mechanics to look forward to.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-24 at 08:51 PM.

At my 3rd guild here. The first 2 were leveling guild when Classic was fresh and the hype high, with lots of tourists in it. They both imploded with players joining raiding guilds as soon as they hit 60 and did their first MC pug.

The GM is full of good intentions but moving more and more to the try hard / HC side of things. The loot council is also pretty greedy as expected. But they are pretty good.

My issue is that I am not playing rogue mage or warrior and they start benching DPS and recruiting more fury warriors., going for speed runs, reviewing logs, assessing performance only looking at damage numbers (ignoring buffs / cc / utility) and actually missing general knowledge of actual specs / encounters. Simply put: they blindly follow wowhead guides or streamers with no critical sence.

To sum this up, good guild but going in a direction that I do not like. I will probably start looking at for a more mature and experienced guild with vet players who actually is up for some challenge. Stacking fury warriors and mages to clean 10/10 MC in 1 hour with no wipe is super boring imo.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2019-10-24 at 10:20 PM.

85 online

60 of them from lvl 3 to 22

15 of them lvl 23 to lvl 50

9 of them lvl 51 to lvl 59

1 lvl 60

I'm in the lvl 30 brackets and can't form a group for GY, LIB or RFK.
    I chose a bad servers ( Askandi), I'm not starting again even if I'm 34, give me a transfert already.

Hard to say when i logged in about 1 months ago last time

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No idea. I don't have a guild...
    Dude, he asked how your guild is going. He didn't ask for a fucking synopsis on why Classic isn't working for you and what version of the game you prefer. What are you on about?

On-topic:

My guild is going great. I'm almost 60, looking forward to tanking and DPSing and generally helping the rest of my guildmates catch up.

I have four active players in guild. I'm the only 60 and there are two players in the mid-high 50s and one 39. I raid with a different guild while staying in main guild (main guild is just friends) and my guildies will be joining me in pugging with the group once they hit 60. I like the setup, it's people I've know awhile, gchat isn't spammy, and I trust everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Hard to say when i logged in about 1 months ago last time
    You're cool. Thanks for your useful contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I found guild with awesome idea (killing content without guides), but guild master is inactive last days, only few people online (around 10 players are playing at all, rest are dead souls), only 2 players reached 60 level. I did not reach 60 level myself, but it doesn't look healthy anyway.

A bunch of new 60's to run dungeons with everyone, as well as close to doing guild-only raids.

6 people made it to 60 I think, the guild has died.

Going really solid.

The primary team has 40 every night and one night clears ony and MC. Have an alt MC run that clears most everything on Saturday. A third group is about to spin up of new mains. So raiding is going really good.

Chat in guild is full of people building and making groups. Banter and friendships being formed. Social ranks are enjoying themselves. People are leveling new mains and alts. Over all really active on this side as well.

PVP was pretty slow but now that we just dropped to a single layer yesterday we all went out and carved up a few zones. Was a blast.

Management is pretty solid too. Have a great bank system that gives out enchants on raid gear. Made me my hide of the wild for the most part for a recent example. When we were all freshly leveling it worked to farm and feed patterns to people for pre-raid bis items that are BOP epics for tailors for example. Also went a very long way in helping with those materials.

A pretty solid community. It is still new but membership and interest is still alive and well. Fresh blood is being spawned. Cannot ask for much more. Going really solid. Sure a few hickups have happened. Errors have been made. But over all.. very positive.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-10-24 at 11:23 PM.

Guild mostly going strong. Loads of 60s to do MC with and we also do Ony split raids. Many are still leveling. Guild is composed of groups of friends across different servers and expansions, which is awesome, but means there's lots of little cliques still. Sometimes this can show during loot council. I try to counter it by being a try hard in raid and helping people get raid attunements so at least I'm noticed and not left out to dry like other fellow guildies I know who get lost among the many.

We have so many goddamn mages. Jesus.

already dead, majority of people just quit (the game)

Weekly ony and Mc clears going smooth. We had to find a guild to merge with but we waited and found one with a matching ideology a few weeks back and it has been wonderful since

Going exactly as planned

10+ Year Old Account
    Joined a nice guild, ended up taking a free transfer, joined another nice guild but holy christ did they level slow, I was 60 weeks before the second 60. Only ended up in one guild group the whole time. My server has weekly PUGs that clear MC and Ony, so I left that guild to be guildless and just doing those. Kind of quiet but I like it.

Full up on 40+ people and clearing MC weekly and Ony bi-weekly. Seems pretty cozy so far.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Several alts and everything is great!

My only issue is everyone is using discord and I haven't bothered to figure out wtf that is.

MC runs in 90 minutes and double Ony runs weekly. It's going pretty good in gearing people for phase 2 PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Dude, he asked how your guild is going. He didn't ask for a fucking synopsis on why Classic isn't working for you and what version of the game you prefer. What are you on about?

On-topic:

My guild is going great. I'm almost 60, looking forward to tanking and DPSing and generally helping the rest of my guildmates catch up.
    Oh, forgive me for not staying strictly on topic. I thought changing the subject was pretty standard around here?

To answer the topic, my guild is.... OK i guess? 3-4 people online every day? Nobody talks. Discord is quiet.
    Wasn't that a fun answer. Isn't staying on topic exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Things going ok? Things not? Meeting your expectations or has shit turned south for you? How are things going in your guild?
    Our guild fractured in two - Retail and Classic.

Barely enough to do anything on either ... Classic pretty much stopped everything I was doing in Retail on day one, and not enough went to classic to take it up.

I suspect that Classic may be the WoW killer - killing both Retail and Classic faster than anyone could have expected.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.