Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    going pretty well for us i think, just not much to log in for between mc/ony clears.

we had a couple dudes leave when they didn't get picked so already had some guys get gear then leave.

i'm doing pretty well on gear now i'm upto 6/8 might, need 3 items from magmadar, 1 from garr and one from golemagg and i'm done with mc. roll on phase 3.

we had 2 eyes of sulfuras, but no ingots yet, 5 golemaggs 0 ingots.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-10-25 at 03:17 AM.

60~ guys online at prime time, mostly 60s (which is amazing considering we're a language-specific guild, with a small community).

Started doing MC\ONY regularly.

Having a blast on my alts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Our guild fractured in two - Retail and Classic.

Barely enough to do anything on either ... Classic pretty much stopped everything I was doing in Retail on day one, and not enough went to classic to take it up.

I suspect that Classic may be the WoW killer - killing both Retail and Classic faster than anyone could have expected.
    I dont understand how this seems like a surprise?did people not know what to expect from classic and its content?heck we even got dire maul much faster than in vanila,more content will come sure,but at the end of the day its still a dead end with not much to do unless they add original stuff

personaly i am waiting for tbc,much more content,doing alts feels better,hc dungeons and just helping people with attunements alone can take up months of your time,arenas,working on different pvp sets,pala had like 4 if im remembering right,raids wont die day 1,sure they are still way easier than mythic but compared to mc its far more challenging

Dead. Used to be a solid guild with 70-80 users online, now it barely has 10 players during primetime

Pretty good. Currently 37 people online and we weren't raiding tonight. We've been clearing MC/Ony splits in just under 2 hours on tuesday. We have another Ony split on thurs whenever possible. Recently we started up a second raid group for the weekends for people that can't make it in the main raid. Gonna be starting an alt raid/pug soon as well.

My guild does a few MC/ony split raids every week. And one MC+Ony for alts/socials... so doing pretty well. People level their alts, farm gold and do 5mans pretty actively.

Though it is a fact that the amount of active people *will* start to drop sooner or later.

I will never, ever, top this moment:

https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

Count 'em, 17 dead. It was beautiful. I damn near killed myself doing it because the animation doesn't line up that well which is what made it so convincing. But man...everyone wanted to see the "cinematic"
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No idea. I don't have a guild and i'm only level 38 and I have hardly been playing Classic. Probably at 150% (max) rested by now.
    Cool blog.

Doing fine. Farming MC & Onyxia 2 hours every week, the rest of the time most of us play other games since there's really not a lot to do in Classic.

Farming MC + Ony. Leveling 2 alts (they are both at lvl 22)

Doing a weekly mc/ony. but besides that im in a weird middle ground now in the guild. Ive dinged 60 on my 2nd char but everyone has already finished gearing their mains. And im the only1 yet with a max lvl alt..
    So ive been pugging dungeons these last two weeks. And its been quite annoying. Doing dungeons without a group you communicate with and talk shit with is significantly more boring.

Im hoping phase 2 comes soon.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-10-25 at 06:57 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Classic Guild went from super active for 2 weeks to the Discord basically being 1 guy posting a meme every few days.

So basically dead.

Searched for a guild before classic was out. Got to know them a little bit in discord before we could play.
    Made sure they would play about as much as i do and we have similar goals. And sure enough it is a great fit and i never do any pug runs.
    We started raiding shortly after i dinged 60 and people seem to like to play together instead of just going for the loot.

it is very noticable that people are playing alot less now though (myself included), since there is only one or two raids per week and eventually everyone has enough gear for it. not everyone likes to level alts.

And i like it that way. Gives me time to do other things too.

Joined, the guild pre-classic release. Cleared MC + Onyxia in second week of release. Now have 5 stable 40 man raid teams up and running. So classic seems to be going well so far and the guild is too

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Things going ok? Things not? Meeting your expectations or has shit turned south for you? How are things going in your guild?
    Guild has 2 40 man rosters clearing MC and Ony weekly. Pretty happy with it. We however have not had a single eye of divinity drop yet and next week we will start rotting ancient leaf if it keeps dropping as ALL of our hunters in my raid now have it.

Domo give me the Eye..please.

I like how people always say "your guild wont make it" when you form a guild way in advance (we did 9 months before classic release) and now these guilds are usually the strong ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible lol. I joined a friends guild from retail, they chose a PVE server... decided to still go with them anyway, I'd prefer to play with people I know, and I've known some of them since vanilla.

They are also a bunch of slackers, they are officers in retail as well, and they do nothing (they think they do though, not sure why).

I was pugging before my guild was ready, MC was super easy killing Rag before he phased, even easier than private servers. Knowing my friends from retail are a bunch of slackers, there is no way we'll struggle with MC.

We had our first raid 2 weeks ago. It went bad. Communication from my officer retail friends was pretty much non existent to members in the guild, lots of complaining about this, which went ignored.

We also somehow had no RL, or officer/GM that wanted to do it. Apparently our GM, couldn't MT and RL at the same time... I think he just used that as an excuse (a bad one at that) to not RL.

So we had this total silence in raid, with no direction from officers at all. We had members complaining, getting no answers. Finally a random member said fuck it, I'll RL. His English was bad... Killed up to Shazzrah, as MC is a joke, trash was horrible though, with clueless tanks not knowing how to pull.

The only way I got through this, was being stoned out my nut and finding it hilarious.

So after that awful raid, the officers promised to turn things around.

They didn't. Nothing changed, well in fact, things got worse.

The random member who RL the last raid, is now suddenly an officer. My issue with this is, he was utter shite. We recruit another tank, who talks a big game. All of a sudden he is an officer, and assistant RL lol. It turned out he had never tanked before, and had raided MC once, the week before, as DPS. So our new RL and "assistant" RL, one speaks broken English (he would go over tactics, and confuse me) and the other just doesn't know what to do. Oh and our new tank freaked out when tank gloves dropped from first boss and our GM won them.

Anyway, 2nd raid was an utter shit show. Only got up to Shazzrah again, but this run was worse. Officer silence again (besides our new RLs who I couldn't understand) and nothing learned on how to pull trash.

So after the 2nd raid, members are not happy, lots of complaints.

The next day, our feral druid, started complaining on discord, saying the officers are slackers, we need more communication and basically that he is not happy. He got kicked for this, by disrespecting our GM, telling him he wasn't taking his role seriously. Even though I've known the GM for like 15 years, I know this feral druid, who I've known for like 3 weeks, is right.

That basically starts a domino effect, we go from 35-40 level 60s, down to about 5-8 level 60s within a few days.

I'm remaining in the guild for the time being, they have said they are going to rebuild. I want to see how. They had recruited a recruitment officer before classic released. This person was the only one I saw recruit and he has now left.

I've got a solid pug I can raid with weekly, so I should be ok to get geared without a proper guild.

The main thing that pisses me off, is that it's clear that my friends from retail don't want to do any leading. So why the fuck do you create your own guild? It would have been far more productive, if we joined another guild as a group of players that just want to raid, without the leading part.

Still having great fun with classic maybe this has made it even better.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-10-25 at 10:23 AM.

We are fighting to become N1 guild on the server and on some bosses we are.
    I wish we did not have that insanely bad luck with tank drops though....only paladin/hunter/mage loot in the last few raids

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Oh, forgive me for not staying strictly on topic. I thought changing the subject was pretty standard around here?

To answer the topic, my guild is.... OK i guess? 3-4 people online every day? Nobody talks. Discord is quiet.
    Wasn't that a fun answer. Isn't staying on topic exciting!
    Well, I mean, you typed four paragraphs about why Classic isn't your favorite game right now. That's completely not what this thread is about, and posting off-topic is generally frowned upon. On that note, I will remain on-topic from here.

I thought you didn't have a guild?

EDIT: Your original response wasn't "fun" in any version of the word, and is completely not what anyone is discussing here. If I asked you how you want your eggs cooked, and you proceeded to tell me about why you're allergic to chickens and can't go to a farm because you don't like the smell... well... I'd think something was wrong with you.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-10-25 at 06:27 PM.

There's a few super active people left, most only log on for raids. A lot of the people who were super hyped for classic at the start disappeared.