Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Classic guild has been going great.

Retail guild essentially disbanded 2 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good, active and talkative. We have about 33ish raiders and still cleared the content relatively easily whilst raiding twice a week, hopefully carries on well and we keep clearing. Happy with that considering they are just a random guild and I never met any of them before Classic.

My entire guild from retail has moved to Classic and are still there playing it. Its hard to say how many are online on average, one time its 15, another time its 30, then on raid times it can get to 60. They still do a lot of leveling and dungeons together.

Got MC and Ony on farm. However Ragnaros makes us wipes sometimes.

Top guild on fairbanks

10/10 mc 1/1 ony
    clearing mc in an under an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Wackooo View Post
    10/10 mc 1/1 ony
    clearing mc in an under an hour
    This question is about guilds, not pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    Top guild on fairbanks
    Using what measure?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Classic guild has been going great.

Retail guild essentially disbanded 2 months ago.
    Retail guild going great.

Classic guilds fall apart every week, join new one, rinse, repeat. Doesn't really matter though, all content is pugged extremely frequently

They’re fine I guess. It’s a good mix of levels and still has enough to run two separate raids. But the times don’t necessarily work for me, getting the max levels to run dungeons has gotten increasingly hard and quite honestly there is large amount of just bad players who mean well but again, just aren’t very good. Thankfully the really obnoxious drama magnets have been weeded out over the time. Early on its wasn’t uncommon to see people insulting and arguing with one another in guild chat and the phrase “just turn guild chat off of you don’t like it” was common If anyone spoke up.long story short, it’s not someplace I’ll probably stay long term, but I’ll be here until I can find a late night guild or paid transfers happen.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Classic guilds fall apart every week, join new one, rinse, repeat. Doesn't really matter though, all content is pugged extremely frequently
    The Classic tourists will eventually move on, so from this point forward when content drought is starting to happen, we're going to see who is really loyal to Classic. Classic has a very very hardcore crowd, and that will always fill up quite a few servers worth of people.

Pretty good. We have cleared MC and Ony since week 3 and started split ony weeks ago. We will start split MC in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This question is about guilds, not pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Using what measure?

- - - Updated - - -

Retail guild going great.

Getting defensive? Struck a nerve somehow?

On topic: Guild is doing fine, clearing MC and ony weekly. Good amount of members too
    Last edited by Mirain1; 2019-10-28 at 09:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    Getting defensive? Struck a nerve somehow?

On topic: Guild is doing fine, clearing MC and ony weekly. Good amount of members too
    He's a known Classic hater, wouldn't take any notice. Probably jealous that Retail is a ghost town.

Tried starting my own guild but by the time I did most people had settled and it made recruitment rough. So I ended up joining a guild that was doing Onyxia and MC and things went fairly well so I joined them.

That's when the drama started.

So I am a Prot Warrior and know my class fairly well. I looked into all the guides and information that people have figured out since the last time I played Vanilla in 2005/6 when BC came out. I gathered my BIS pre-raid to the best of my ability and am picking up a few pieces as time goes on. So, after a really long night of Garr attempts, we finally down him. I brought into the guild about 6 other players who aren't guaranteed to make every raid, but they are all pretty decent, if not 1 person who is a body.

The Gutgore Ripper drops. Anyone who knows how Prot Warriors work, will know that they require a fast 1h weapon for additional threat/rage. All the guild rogues were Sword spec. Brutality Blade did not drop and I have no intention of ever rolling on it, to make things clear. I was told I could not roll on the dagger even if it was an upgrade for me and technically nobody should want that dagger. You gear your tanks first generally so they hold threat and can survive tanking a fight.

The dagger was won by an IRL friend of mine who decided at the end of the night with 5 minutes on the timer remaining that he didn't want it. I didn't ask for it, I didn't pressure him. So the enhance shaman that had joined my original guild told me to get in our discord and him and the rogue told me that I should come to Undercity and get the dagger. I was in Orgrimmar and said there is no way I'll make it in time and that it was fine and don't worry about it. The shaman invites and pays a warlock 10 gold to summon me to UC and I get the dagger.

No officers were on and all the rogues had logged off for the night so there was no one to say this was wrong of us. Figured, he won the roll, it was his to do with what he wants. As they have

The next day I am running DM N with an Officer and another guildie and outright let them know that I got the dagger and explained the situation to both so that there would be no panic. Officer seemed fine with it, the other guildie was a little indifferent about it, but leaning towards, "I guess it's fine, but not cool." We did a whole bunch of dungeons together and things seemed great.

Then last night, we did our Onyxia reset/MC clean up and one of the mages in the guild was going off about how it was unfair for me to get a piece of loot I wasn't supposed to. The Main Tank in the guild had mocked me the entire week about wanting a dagger and kept joking that the spell power dagger was "tanking loot." Everyone was super pissed and I just said, "I don't have to be here. I took the dagger knowing it was an upgrade and didn't ask him or pressure him in any way to trade it. Nobody was on to talk about the situation and no one had said he wasn't allowed to trade the dagger if he saw fit." Eventually, the drama died down other than someone mentioning that I shouldn't get Onyxia's head (I'm the guild off tank btw and main tank got it last week) because I got the dagger.

Best part is, the Fury Warrior (who has been an OT for fights that require more than 2 tanks) won the Might shoulders (not sure why they let him roll over the true tanks first) and gave them to the Main Tank. Slightly different situation, because the Main Tank was able to roll on it, but in the long run because the dagger was an upgrade, I disagree that it a truly different situation. When the Might chest dropped, the GM asked if the raid was fine with it being ML to the main tank. They ready checked and everyone, including myself, agreed. Even though everything is open rolls until we have a solid guild group. There shouldn't even be a discussion on loot like this until the tanks are geared, but this guild doesn't seem to understand the correct way to gear the raid.

We'll see how this week goes though.

My guild is awesome. We started split killing Onyxia from a couple of weeks ago. Clearing MC and Ony in 3 hours. Lots of lovely, friendly folk.

Raids are really fun with a lot of banter. A lot of people levelling alts now around the 30s and 40s so we can start raiding 2 days a week to gear them.

I thought the guild I was in on my last PServer was great but I think this is better so far (obviously a lot less stress just raiding MC/Ony than Naxx though)

Pretty decent we have 2 raids farming mc 10/10 and ony. Our mt has both bindings and our enh shaman has sulfuras. This week i won the ony head so cant complain either. We do need 2 nights for mc but the atmosphere is pretty chill so its good on mograine eu btw.

Clearing Ony and MC weekly with 40 people and got some more people in their 50s inc. Healthy roster and activity.

Could use sone more tanks for dungeons though.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild decided to recruit more people and now we have like 55 raiders, so they decide to split raid, meaning they run MC/Onyxia with like 27 people in each, but most often all don't show so we ended up with 24-25 people in each raid.

Sure we get more gear but it takes so much longer and not worth it, so I quit and started pugging instead.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Our guild fractured in two - Retail and Classic.

Barely enough to do anything on either ... Classic pretty much stopped everything I was doing in Retail on day one, and not enough went to classic to take it up.

I suspect that Classic may be the WoW killer - killing both Retail and Classic faster than anyone could have expected.
    Your sig makes no sense. It would if they were boycotting wow, but playing overwatch. If they're just straight boycotting all of bliz, it's like a lactose intolerant person not having any products from a cow at all.

Feel free to point out something im missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Your sig makes no sense.
    Rational thought frequently makes no sense to those drowning in emotional response.

People keep forgetting that Blizzard isn't the target, China is.

I see so many people posting Anti Blizzard china protests on their iPhone etc ... that's just being hypocritical.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Rational thought frequently makes no sense to those drowning in emotional response.
    Im not really on either side, i'm honestly wanting you to point out what im missing, as I said in the post. Not being hostile.

- - - Updated - - -

People keep forgetting that Blizzard isn't the target, China is.

I see so many people posting Anti Blizzard china protests on their iPhone etc ... that's just being hypocritical.
    Your sig makes sense if you believe Bliz is not part of the problem. Thank you for the clarification.

I don't agree, but I understand now.