Expansion "Leak" megathread

Expansion leaks have been very low effort/trollish and are swarming the board. Make a megathread so that whenever someone makes a halfassed "leak" they have to put it there or get the thread closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if there is one already (9.0 discussion) then lock any leak thread since they are supposed to be in the 9.0 thread.

Yeah a megathread will surely stop the onepost accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Yeah a megathread will surely stop the onepost accounts.
    Well that's another thing. There should be a minimum post count & account age to be allowed to make a thread.

Edit: Added account age

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well that's another thing. There should be a minimum post count to be allowed to make a thread.
    Fully agreed.

Expansion leaks have been very low effort/trollish and are swarming the board.
    It'll be over in a week.

Relax it's not that serious

After all these years they still refuse to lock down these stupid fake leaks. I doubt they'll change their minds now.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

But remember, they can and will infract for Half-Life 3 jokes.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    But remember, they can and will infract for Half-Life 3 jokes.
    As well as everything else that ticks them off. Your signature, the way you spell a word, the color of the sky at that moment...

And here's the proof:

Dear Ringthane,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Trolling
    -------
    Please post constructively - don't post solely to correct someone's spelling and/or grammar.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=51740852
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

Especially the Crown's jewel turning orange with Bolvar dawning it.
    Man, I'm getting old. It took me a while but:

Donning.

Not Dawning.
    All the best,
    MMO-Champion

PLEASE NOTE: Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen. If you wish to open an infraction appeal, please PM a moderator. If you are banned, you may appeal by opening a thread in our Ban Appeals Forum. Thanks!
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    As well as everything else that ticks them off. Your signature, the way you spell a word, the color of the sky at that moment...

And here's the proof:

Dear Ringthane,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Trolling
    -------
    Please post constructively - don't post solely to correct someone's spelling and/or grammar.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=51740852
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

Especially the Crown's jewel turning orange with Bolvar dawning it.
    Man, I'm getting old. It took me a while but:

Donning.

Not Dawning.
    All the best,
    MMO-Champion

PLEASE NOTE: Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen. If you wish to open an infraction appeal, please PM a moderator. If you are banned, you may appeal by opening a thread in our Ban Appeals Forum. Thanks!
    I see no problem in that infraction.

OT: Would love a mega-thread but because we're so close to BlizzCon, MMO-champion doesn't wish to end up locking down a real leak. People tend to get very annoyed/annoying if they catch the 'mighty' MMO-champion in closing a thread that looks fake but had some truth to it. For now, they are considered theorizing, and well, they can't ban speculation of that kind. Easier to ban playerbase speculation than leaks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This has been discussed at length before, but usually in the context of Off Topic.

The powers that be are morally, religiously, ethnically, nationally, historically, cybernetically and perhaps even mystically opposed to requiring a minimum post threshold in order to create threads. They believe, despite the preponderance of evidence to the contrary from countless other forums, that it would lead to burner accounts just spamming threads elsewhere.

Also this forum uses vBulletin 4, which was released in late 2009 and was succeeded by vBulletin 5 in 2012. vBulletin 4 isn't even compatible with PHP 7.2.0. Little surprising it keeps up with modern approaches to fighting burner and bot spam accounts with tools that are years past End of Life. I'm surprised a website/forum this high profile in the community hasn't migrated to v5 (or better yet, anything but vBulletin) years ago.

The short of it is this is a rather awesome discussion community that takes place in a three quarters abandoned strip mall with flickering lights and overflowing trash bins. Meanwhile the three guards on duty are content reading their magazine as a hobo takes a dump in the fountain that hasn't had water in it since 2012.

But it's still has a pretty awesome discussion community all the same.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-10-27 at 06:46 PM.

Expansion leaks have been very low effort/trollish and are swarming the board. Make a megathread so that whenever someone makes a halfassed "leak" they have to put it there or get the thread closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if there is one already (9.0 discussion) then lock any leak thread since they are supposed to be in the 9.0 thread.
    The whole point of making a leak is to get attention.

This happens before every blizzcon with a major expansion announcement, it's really not a big deal. It'll all be over soon and then you won't have to worry about it for another couple of years. Personally I think some of them are pretty interesting to read if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    We err on the side of leaving leak threads open because mods have no way of knowing what is legitimate and we don't want them to accidentally shut down a genuine leak. These threads get a lot of posts so people obviously enjoy speculating. If people don't want to encourage fake threads, probably they shouldn't give those threads a ton of attention.

The fake leaks will be dead in a few days anyway.

Since this thread is just complaining about moderation and spreading misinformation at this point, I am locking this now.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |