Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It's not gonna be a PVE only game tho.
    No, but that is What Overwatch is lacking For many people. Some PVE content.
    I be fine with PVP being the same, with more maps more gamemodes and so on.
    What overwatch lacks is PVE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They have to generate money somehow. All their added content since 2015 has been free, with the only monetization coming from cosmetic loot boxes, and barely anybody buys those now (I'm personally sitting on over 12,000 credits and I've never spent a dime on the game).

Anyway, it's still not clear to me from the ESPN article exactly what Overwatch 2 is. The way the article phrases it sounds like it's a new version of the game built on top of the original, since they say it's adding a fifth game mode and the 32nd hero. But in later paragraphs it sounds like he could be saying those are coming to Overwatch, and Overwatch 2 will be focused on PvE, like a standalone title.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    All of their free content has been the same thing since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Couldn't they just add PvE mode and this stuff to Overwatch? Or make it an expansion, whatever?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Could have easily been added to the game they have been developing. But nah, Activision needs that money
    Who's to say "Overwatch 2" isn't just a working title, or to be read as a kind of "season 2". However, I'm not so green as to not expect them to monetize this somehow, nor would I expect an addition of this caliber to come for free. I'd rather pay once for this, like an expansion, than getting this for free and then being advertised buying boxes/skins every 2 minutes while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Who's to say "Overwatch 2" isn't just a working title, or to be read as a kind of "season 2". However, I'm not so green as to not expect them to monetize this somehow, nor would I expect an addition of this caliber to come for free. I'd rather pay once for this, like an expansion, than getting this for free and then being advertised buying boxes/skins every 2 minutes while playing.
    I expected it to be a purchase either way. But I did think it was going to be included in the same client, which would be renamed. The way this is worded makes me think they'll keep them as two separate games.

Change Overwatch 2 to Underwatch .... Underwatch of China muahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I expected it to be a purchase either way. But I did think it was going to be included in the same client, which would be renamed. The way this is worded makes me think they'll keep them as two separate games.
    We have been speculating about "Overwatch 2" for a long time. But even from a merchandising point of view, it doesn't make much sense to call a PvE sequel just "2". The 2 in the logo is slapped on, not worked into the logo. They might only call it "Overwatch 2" at BlizzCon, but I see this very much as working title.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I honestly can't tell if that new character is male or female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    That's exactly why this leak is believable with the way the Blizzard of today is infested with liberal extremism. It's probably a transgender hero and we should all give woke points and applaud Blizzard's woke political stance.
    You see "tumblr", I see references to cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic scifi from the 80s/90s. Even the undercut is nothing new or particularly "feminist". But I guess you have to see what you want to see. This hero could be released alongside a white male that's more "soldier" than Soldier:76, more "cowboy" than McCree and has more "smarm" than Lucio, and people would still complain about misrepresentation because the patch/expansion/new game dares to introduce a female that's not a sex symbol.

Another ugly character

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    All of their free content has been the same thing since 2016
    I mean what do you expect? It costs money to develop new content, and Overwatch doesn't really have any conventional monetization model to reliably generate revenue. It has skins, which are purely cosmetic and can be obtained for free with relative ease by anyone who actively plays the game on a regular basis. Revenue has consistently fallen over time, and yet they keep putting out the same level of free content on roughly the same schedule.

They're not going to just release a single player campaign, with cutscenes and voice acting and new heroes, new gameplay mechanics, new maps, etc., as a free update. You'd have to be an idiot not to expect them to monetize this somehow, either as a full price standalone game, a paid expansion, or a free update with paid DLC components.

You see "tumblr", I see references to cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic scifi from the 80s/90s. Even the undercut is nothing new or particularly "feminist". But I guess you have to see what you want to see. This hero could be released alongside a white male that's more "soldier" than Soldier:76, more "cowboy" than McCree and has more "smarm" than Lucio, and people would still complain about misrepresentation because the patch/expansion/new game dares to introduce a female that's not a sex symbol.
    Did you mean to quote me? I didn't say anything about that. And are we forgetting Zarya exists who's the opposite of a sex symbol? Also one of my more played characters.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

But why???

Couldn't they have just added new content to OW or make an expac? Why make an entirely new game which is gonna be just the same as the first one?

Oh cool so this is where the OW team has been spending their energy, on the same game but with PvE and they likely expect you to pay $60 for it again.

How deep is rock bottom for you, Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Did you mean to quote me? I didn't say anything about that. And are we forgetting Zarya exists who's the opposite of a sex symbol? Also one of my more played characters.
    Excuse you, I dream of Zarya crushing my head in between her thighs nightly.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Christ, more Overwatch...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    No, but that is What Overwatch is lacking For many people. Some PVE content.
    I be fine with PVP being the same, with more maps more gamemodes and so on.
    What overwatch lacks is PVE
    Which is why they're doing PVE but with a much broader aspect. The PVE in OW1 was a giant shitshow of boredom

10+ Year Old Account
    Like many others I'll add to the chorus of "why couldn't this just be added to the current game as a payable extension/expansion" though of course I know it's because money and they want those 60$. Also kinda funny they're planning on a new entry for their game about heroes who fight for freedom from oppression and justice with what has been going on. As for that character:

Are we sure it's not a dude?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Like many others I'll add to the chorus of "why couldn't this just be added to the current game as a payable extension/expansion" though of course I know it's because money and they want those 60$. Also kinda funny they're planning on a new entry for their game about heroes who fight for freedom from oppression and justice with what has been going on. As for that character:

Are we sure it's not a dude?
    Playing this years archives, yes, it's a woman.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Goodness Lord, i forgot how toxic the forums can be.

And Yes, the hero is female.
    My god.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watch it be a PvE looter shooter.

Or just a straight up PvE story mode shooter with a brand new PvP battle royale mode lol.

"Internal Use Only"
    "Blizzard Localization"

Typically when words are overlayed on an image like this in an attempt to prevent leaks, they have user IDs attached to them. I was in the beta tests for AoE Definitive Edition and AoE2 Definitive Edition, and both games did that. The first one had your username/user ID pop up in random places around the screen, and the second one has your Steam name and ID constantly moving around the screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Goodness Lord, i forgot how toxic the forums can be.
    Imagine being so sheltered that you think THESE forums are "toxic".

Fucking lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Imagine being so sheltered that you think THESE forums are "toxic".

Fucking lol.
    Thanks for proving my sentiment.

Formerly known as Arafal

a female that's not a sex symbol.
    bro, her ass is so fat it's like mercy's whole torso.

normies might not find her hot, but i sure as hell do.