Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Lol. Good thing we can run our own keys and get boosted like fuck by randoms from the group finder.

I noticed that once I have a high key, like +10 and above, and start my own group, I get a full group in under a minute. Just today I did a +13 and +14 with my low 425 ilevel, and did it in time. No one who joined my group gave a shit I have under 300 rio, and I didn't die either because I'm not a fucking retard, unlike how people like you like to think of everyone else who doesn't meet their stupid arbitrary number.

I get boosted by random itemlevels 435+ from the group finder, every week. I don't care about their rio, and they don't care about mine. All I do is run an m0 and then level the key and hope to God I don't get a key to Tol Dagor along the way, because no one wants to do Tol Dagor without a rogue in the group to lockpick that fucking gate.

I usually do it up to like +16, and only really stop when the tank's dps is getting dangerously close to mine, meaning that I'm definitely way too low ilevel for that.
    And all this because I have a high key, and people don't care about my rio, they just want to do my key.

Then I look at the idiots in the group finder looking for people for a +10, with the mention "will check rio". Hahahahahahaha, what a bunch of morons. I do +14s with total randoms, and I have under 300 rio.
    Making your own groups is definitely the way to go and it's the #1 suggestion here.

But I don't believe you are going up to 16 with PUGs without checking other players out. There are way too many horrible players who will scuttle your key. Go ahead and link your character and I'll look at your runs. I can pretty much guarantee what I will see if you did time a 13 and a 14.

You seem all triggered about what I said. I know how groups generally get put together and was just trying to give honest feedback ... I do a lot of keys and talk to people. Nobody said people can't time keys without having a high IO. Personally, I don't see people who don't have some kind of track record (including past season and/or different character) surprise me with how good they are. When we have a guild group just running someone for a weekly 10 and we have an open slot I'll pick up the first app generally. And almost every time I know exactly how they will do (they might be worse, but pretty much never better.) Doesn't matter, not like we are not going to time it, but it is what it is. Evidently if I get you and your low score and no past season or main decent score I would be like "wow, holy fuck this guy is good", I just haven't had the fortune of getting you yet. I am a little confused how you are so awesome and have no problem doing 16's right away but you have no IO, but that is another issue.

Raids? Wait til next expansion. It's very hard to get in mid-expansion if you weren't there from the start, especially without working your way up. If you have NO experience outside of LFR, you're gonna have to at least get in a Heroic group. To do that, you'll need to pug or get lucky so then you can get some logs, and hopefully some early Mythic boss experience. Unless you're going to really go ham during the end of this tier (good luck)/the start of next tier, it's likely too late for you to do Mythic raiding. But a new expansion wipes the slate clean, perfect to start over and get in a group who starts from the bottom, but already is doing Mythic content. They're gonna lose people and you'll be there to fill a spot.

M+? Easy. Start with lowbie M+, then as your IO gets higher, you'll get invited to more groups at higher levels. You'll also have a much easier time getting in groups if you're playing meta classes (atm, Monk or Warrior for Tank, Druid for Healer, Rogue or DH for DPS), but a high enough IO would shut up pretty much anyone. In S2, I think it took me about 2 weeks to get all 15s timed for my achievement and then I also found a group that way and we did up to 19s (nearly got a 20; coulda gone further but we disbanded after about 2 months). The best thing is you absolutely don't *have* to do scheduled stuff to get the 15 achievement, just gotta work on your IO.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Lol. Good thing we can run our own keys and get boosted like fuck by randoms from the group finder.

I noticed that once I have a high key, like +10 and above, and start my own group, I get a full group in under a minute. Just today I did a +13 and +14 with my low 425 ilevel, and did it in time. No one who joined my group gave a shit I have under 300 rio, and I didn't die either because I'm not a fucking retard, unlike how people like you like to think of everyone else who doesn't meet their stupid arbitrary number.

I get boosted by random itemlevels 435+ from the group finder, every week. I don't care about their rio, and they don't care about mine. All I do is run an m0 and then level the key and hope to God I don't get a key to Tol Dagor along the way, because no one wants to do Tol Dagor without a rogue in the group to lockpick that fucking gate.

I usually do it up to like +16, and only really stop when the tank's dps is getting dangerously close to mine, meaning that I'm definitely way too low ilevel for that.
    And all this because I have a high key, and people don't care about my rio, they just want to do my key.

Then I look at the idiots in the group finder looking for people for a +10, with the mention "will check rio". Hahahahahahaha, what a bunch of morons. I do +14s with total randoms, and I have under 300 rio.
    I mean... IF what any of what you're saying is true, 3 different dungeons would get your IO above 300, maybe you just need to update your addon (?).

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I wouldn't put it "a tad higher" due to the fact +10 not in time rewards 2/3rds of its loot and a raid boss unkilled rewards 0% of its loot.
    You still have to actually kill the bosses in the M+10 dungeon to get the loot. The timer is just the timer.

And there are plenty of M+10 bosses that are harder than heroic raid bosses. I've been in groups that couldn't kill the first boss in Temple of Seth on Tyrannical. I've been in a heap of groups that couldn't kill the first boss in King's Rest. Most dungeons have at least one boss that is going to be a road block for groups who don't know what they are doing.

And you have to kill all 4/5 bosses to get any loot at all. Something that doesn't always happen In a M+ when someone gets fed up and leaves, you just wasted 40 minutes. In a heroic raid you can just replace them or go with 1 less person.

In M+ having even 1 person who doesn't know what they are doing can sometimes mean you can't complete the dungeon. In a heroic raid you can carry 1/3 of the group and still kill bosses.

This is the reason why raider.io exists but people mainly use it for M+ rather than raid pugs. Because M+ is harder and you don't get a second chance to recruit the right person. Once the key is in you are stuck with who you've got.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-12-07 at 01:24 AM.

Ignore all the hand holding libs telling you things for your feelings like "Just do your best, start low and go from there, make your own groups if you can't get invites" even if you make your own groups people won't join if your score is low, or they'll leave without the right make up.

You want Mythis groups? make a rogue, close thread.

Do you level a new char every week?

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Do you level a new char every week?
    Unfortunately...I just keep jumping from character to character as they're all trash, tbh, BFA made them all trash. So naturally I fall behind, then have to get back up.

I even tried rerolling to Horde on Draenor EU, for a couple of weeks, just to change the scenery. Then realized the Horde writing is trash, and the Horde playable models are steaming hot garbage, and then went back to Alliance on Silvermoon EU...which promptly erased all my rio progression that I had acquired as Horde, because apparently it does that when you faction change.
    Too bad though, got into a heroic raiding guild on Horde, but I had to leave it behind because none of the Horde races appeal to me. And when I got back to Alliance, I found it to be clinically dead, with guilds that have 3-4 people online on an average with the exception of the raid days, and now I'm playing solo in a guild that says raiding will commence in 8.3.

Fun fact. There are these two pets named Willy and Nuts. So on Horde I wrote in the general EP chat: "Has anyone seen my [Willy] and [Nuts]?" and it killed! Then I did the same on the Alliance side, and I got Karen and Grandpa saying "Oh, how childish".
    I would so reroll to Horde if they had even one playable race that I liked. On Alliance, all my characters are male human and female night elf. The Nightborne model on Horde, which I first chose, is obviously unfinished and the running animation is stiff and robotic, and it made me nauseous looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Ignore all the hand holding libs telling you things for your feelings like "Just do your best, start low and go from there, make your own groups if you can't get invites" even if you make your own groups people won't join if your score is low, or they'll leave without the right make up.
    This is 100% not true.

It's way more dependent on what key you have than it is on your own score. Most people don't bother to check the leader's score.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    This is 100% not true.

It's way more dependent on what key you have than it is on your own score. Most people don't bother to check the leader's score.
    People see you have a high key, and don't care about your rio, I can attest to this 100%. It's a healthy assumption to believe that whoever has high enough item level, has been around the block a couple of times and very likely KNOWS wtf to do in a mythic+. After all, you don't get 435 ilevel by being a literal nooblord.
    Which is why I think the rio crap is just for personal bragging rights, and it should not be a metric by which other people judge you.

That's like being a member of Method, people see you are in Method, but refuse to team up with you because your rio is low. Ninja, if the motherfucker is in Method, he's not a retard who doesn't know what to do in m+.
    Like... How do you think one got 435 in the first place!?
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-12-07 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post

You want Mythis groups? make a rogue, close thread.
    I dunno how these people are "libs", they're actually quite cunning, do you know how many below the tank dps got boosted just because some people needed a weekly key done? If there's a crap dps in the group, like literally half of everyone else, that's probably the key holder. Also you don't need "the right make up" for keys 10 and below lol. Nobody does fancy rogue skips in 10s, not even mentioning below that. The secret is inviting people better than you are, which every pug leader in the world does, in any content he can, based on whatever criteria he's using.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    You still have to actually kill the bosses in the M+10 dungeon to get the loot. The timer is just the timer.

And there are plenty of M+10 bosses that are harder than heroic raid bosses. I've been in groups that couldn't kill the first boss in Temple of Seth on Tyrannical. I've been in a heap of groups that couldn't kill the first boss in King's Rest. Most dungeons have at least one boss that is going to be a road block for groups who don't know what they are doing.

And you have to kill all 4/5 bosses to get any loot at all. Something that doesn't always happen In a M+ when someone gets fed up and leaves, you just wasted 40 minutes. In a heroic raid you can just replace them or go with 1 less person.
    The same happens in a raid, pugs who can't kill 1st boss in King's Rest on +10 are the same pugs that are stuck on Ashvane on hc. You can also waste time, keep replacing people in raid, wiping and never actually killing the boss. First 3 are easy, but you might not drop any loot from these and then it's gg for the week if you can't get the rest done. And basically every raid tier first 3 are freebies and after that people need to get their 2 brain cells together to actually kill stuff. In BODA it was same story, pugs hopelessly stuck on Conclave or even Opulence. That were probably the same people who can't finish +10 at all, even out of time.

People saying "but in raid you can be dead and get carried" well if you're the raid leader, sure, otherwise usually if a wipe happens leader will kick people who are lowest on dps that that are usually the early deads first.