Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nothing gets me more excited for more WoW like the beloved character BOLVAR. The man is a veritable who’s who among hardcore Warcraft fans with his rich backstory and landmark presence.

Ok, back in reality goddamn Warcraft has NOTHING left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are the ones claiming this was fake again? Because of the eyes? Even though that reason had literally no leg to stand on for the sole reason that MANY THINGS COULD HAVE CAUSED HIS EYES TO CHANGE THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT. What about the reverse image folks? I'm jumping the gun early but this is one of the reasons why I believed in this picture. The effort put into it was next level compared to literally every other leak we have seen. Any post by someone with just text about a leak is garbage. Any post that changes the WoW logo to their narrative is pretty garbage. However a cinematic level picture of Lich King Bolvar? Show me a fake leak that has been anywhere close to this level. You can't but they don't exist.

I'm excited for this cinematic. I really hope it is something special. Lich King is one of my favorite fantasy characters so anything with him gets me feeling weak at the knees with butterflies in my stomach xD

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    the original lich king was armor in a block of ice
    Semantics, everyone knows what I meant (I asked them).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The part with the blue eyes is that it comes from the helm and the Lich King. Pretty sure they will make an arc that he continues to fight the will of the Lich King while maintaining control over himself and the scourge.
    Yeah but on the Northrend loading screen he is already with red eyes. Guess we will see. Could be the inner conflict or something.. I wish it was just an intentionally leaked image to hype and confuse, because the difference in color bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but on the Northrend loading screen he is already with red eyes. Guess we will see. Could be the inner conflict or something.. I wish it was just an intentionally leaked image to hype and confuse, because the difference in color bothers me
    Well. I hope it's intended due to lore implications. I rarely just think "it's a mistake" because then we can speculate against everything. Could be the case of course. And when he took over lich king / Arthas were defeated and most likely in a weakened state which means he had more control of it. It's also a teaser image of the next expac which indicates there are more thought out into the image than a loading screen for example.

If it's a mistake I feel for them this blizzcon cause it looks like it's from a cinematic. And rerender it so close to blizzcon could be tight.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-10-29 at 12:48 PM.

Is shadowlands really gonna be the name?
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Or Bolvar is no longer in control. Not really a hard concept to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Is shadowlands really gonna be the name?
    It's not confirmed, but it looks pretty damn likely, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes... and no. The Lich King was the Lich King but he was also the well known Arthas with his well known background and evolution.

Bolvar, at least horde side, is a mister noone. He will probably become more known if he’ll be one of the main actors of next expansion, but it’s not a “omg Bolvar! Shut up and take my yearly renewal now!” character.
    Dude, the Lich king is the Lich King. And that alone is enough to interest manyyyyy people.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why are the eyes blue
    Nobody knows, probably due to some stuff happening in 8.3 or 9.0. Couldn't you figure that out on your own?

„There must always be a Lich King.“

https://youtu.be/1fS8prCIyLs

wait a minute... Lich king is coming back and Frozen II is coming out... hmm.... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Dude, the Lich king is the Lich King. And that alone is enough to interest manyyyyy people.
    Not so sure. Arthas was interesting as LK because he was Arthas before being the LK.

Bolvar has no background (not for the horde at least).

That Bastion thing does seem to line up with the new store mounts, we have Sylvanas on the loose, there are new DK options, Bolvar is linked both to Death and to the Dragons, Wrathion is back... I guess the expansion will be Shadowlands and Dragon Isles both.

Has anyone else noticed that Blizzard hasn't announced their closing night activities yet for Blizzcon? No announcement of bands or DJ's.

Wait, since when did bolvar lich King have blue eyes, He has fiery eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mutant21 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Blizzard hasn't announced their closing night activities yet for Blizzcon? No announcement of bands or DJ's.
    I heard they're going to bring in a sampling of hong kong protesters and let everyone watch a bunch of Chinese officials brutally beat the shit out of them with nightsticks on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Wait, since when did bolvar lich King have blue eyes, He has fiery eyes.
    It could mean hes no longer in control and has become evil like arthas was.

Quote Originally Posted by mutant21 View Post
    To make this the single greatest blizzcon ever, instead of a concert in the closing ceremony, they are going to announce ANOTHER new game that they didn't have time for in the first day!

It is weird that they haven't announced it, iirc in previous years the latest they announced the bands was 1 week beforehand. Either they're just going to put the music competition as part of the closing ceremony, or it's gonna be something lowkey (or perhaps the return of Elite Tauren Chieftain?).

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    At that kind of art detail? No. There must be something in the story that changes with him. I think Ner'zhul is still somewhere in the helmet and he has taken hold of Bolvar.
    Would be a huge retcon.

Lich King said, "Ner'zhul is no more. He is consumed. There is only Arthas now... Arthas, whom you shall serve for all eternity."
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Ner'zhul or whateverthefuck is in there is getting to him I guess?
    No, he is gone from the helmet now, but I would not be surprised if they are in the Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    It could mean hes no longer in control and has become evil like arthas was.
    Arthas was never Evil, he was controlled by the forces that wished him controlled.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal