Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.3 PTR - Titan Residuum, Character Wipe, Mike Ybarra Joins Blizzard

Patch 8.3 PTR - Titan Residuum Reset
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Will Titan Residuum still be a thing in 8.3?
    Yes. However, we’re working on a change to Titan Residuum that will make a noticeable difference. We feel like most players don’t see a meaningful benefit from the ability to save some Residuum for the next season, and for a few players, saving Residuum has come to feel like an unfortunate obligation.

When Season 4 starts, we’re planning to convert the Titan Residuum you currently have into silver. At the same time, we’ll set the drop rates of Titan Residuum and the prices of the items that it buys back to values that are understandable. After that reset, Titan Residuum will work in Season 4 just like it did in Seasons 2 and 3.

And we’ll put that on the Visions of N’Zoth PTR in the coming weeks.

Patch 8.3 PTR Character Wipe Incoming - Nov. 6
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No earlier than 10:00 a.m. PST on November 6, we will take the Visions of N’Zoth Public Test Realms offline for a maintenance period, during which we will delete all test characters.

When the PTR is reopened thereafter, we intend to test the introductory experience for this content update.

Thank you for all of your testing and feedback!

Former Xbox Executive Joins Blizzard
    Former Xbox executive Mike Ybarra announced recently that he is joining Blizzard as an executive vice president and general manager. Mike Ybarra was with Microsoft as the Corporate Vice President of Gaming for 20 years, and just recently left the company.

Kotaku Blizzard in 2019 Article - Former Hearthstone and Heroes Directors Left Blizzard
    Kotaku recently published an article discussing the many issues that affected Blizzard in 2019, most notable of which is that Dustin Browder, formerly director of Heroes of the Storm and lead designer of StarCraft II, Eric Dodds, formerly director of Hearthstone, and Jason Chayes, formerly production director of Hearthstone have all left the company this year as well. Blizzard did issue a statement to confirm that they have all indeed left the company. You can read the full article by clicking the banner below.

Last edited by chaud; 2019-10-30 at 05:07 PM.

MMOC has been really slow with news lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah let the guy who worked in Micro$oft get high place in Blizzard, and give him probably huge enough salary to rip off few lower employers.

oof at that heroes and hearthstone

Confirmed that having access to battlenet will cost 8 dollars a month like xbox live? /s

Funny how they keep trying to blame activision for there own failures. Can't blame actv over classes,story, or world for how bad BFA has been. But can't wait to see hong kong protests at blizzcon. You know people will be uploading it to youtube and showing anything blizz is trying to censor.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Btw, I wonder where they put Sebastian Stępień (former Witcher 3/Cyberpunk 77 creative director). Diablo IV? New game?

Also it would be really amazing if CDPR made solo RPG for Blizzard some day. They already worked together with releasing Diablo, Warcraft and Warcraft II on GOG.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Funny how they keep trying to blame activision for there own failures. Can't blame actv over classes,story, or world for how bad BFA has been. But can't wait to see hong kong protests at blizzcon. You know people will be uploading it to youtube and showing anything blizz is trying to censor.
    Oh ya, Blizzard's the bad guy. Most ppl here don't even know the reason for the HK protests and just join their voice behind a keyboard. But sure promote violence and property destruction behind your keyboard to a country that does not run like your own.

Amazing the evil HK police havn't shot or killed anyone yet. Imagine if these riots happened in the states, betcha it would look different. U wanna argue another countries laws? Fix your ICE stuff first and stop kids and parents from dying there first amoungst other things.. blacklives..meetoo..schoolshootings..ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    blizz should really look at ways to let players host their own servers like so many online games. that way they would cut cost, rack money, and let player preserve the games if they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    blizz should really look at ways to let players host their own servers like so many online games. that way they would cut cost, rack money, and let player preserve the games if they like.
    No way, that will open the servers to the world of hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    oof at that heroes and hearthstone
    DBro left the Heroes team a few years ago. Still sucks that he's gone entirely now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    No way, that will open the servers to the world of hacks.
    what does that even mean? cheating? cheating also exists now. and it could equally be monitored by blizzard as long as the company exists and forces any client to have a link to blizzard's controlling servers.

We can already do that with the games we own anyways, private servers are legal as long as you are not making money off of them. I buy a game, I own it regardless of their user agreements since they only apply to the persistent online portion of the game you purchase not the game data.

I do agree they should create an easy way for people to make their own official instances of games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    MMOC has been really slow with news lately.
    With Blizzcon on the horizon, I guess Blizzard is keeping most informations under wraps so they actually have to present something at that point. Which in turn means not much to report for sites that mostly focus on WoW news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We can already do that with the games we own anyways, private servers are legal as long as you are not making money off of them. I buy a game, I own it regardless of their user agreements since they only apply to the persistent online portion of the game you purchase not the game data.

I do agree they should create an easy way for people to make their own official instances of games too.
    even with hearthstone ? I doubt it's possible. I hope it becomes economically more interesting to do "cloud" servers in the future, that might give players more freedom to play the game they like. minecraft is a good example to follow.

even with hearthstone ? I doubt it's possible. I hope it becomes economically more interesting to do "cloud" servers in the future, that might give players more freedom to play the game they like. minecraft is a good example to follow.
    I agree, it is better for the consumer in the end especially as we move into a digital only age.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsum84 View Post
    Oh ya, Blizzard's the bad guy. Most ppl here don't even know the reason for the HK protests and just join their voice behind a keyboard. But sure promote violence and property destruction behind your keyboard to a country that does not run like your own.

Amazing the evil HK police havn't shot or killed anyone yet. Imagine if these riots happened in the states, betcha it would look different. U wanna argue another countries laws? Fix your ICE stuff first and stop kids and parents from dying there first amoungst other things.. blacklives..meetoo..schoolshootings..ffs
    Lol... Are you kidding me?? "Haven't shot or killed anyone yet"... Have you been under a rock? There was a video of a protestor on social media saying she will go visit the police to talk, and then the next day she goes missing and shows up naked, bruised, and dead on the beach. There has also been a protestor that was shot with video evidence.

#Metoo is a world wide issue not just the US. It's worse in other areas of the world, but it just so happens that women in the west have a voice so we are aware of the issue here. Blacklives matter is just some over-inflated media propaganda to start race wars and drive clicks. The poster boy of it robbed the store of an old man and beat him up and then tried to steal the gun from an officer and nearly punched the eye out of its socket from the police officer. The witnesses lied to media & police initially because they wanted to "protect their own" and not be a snitch. ICE? The south americans just keep flooding our borders and our staff are overwhelmed and can't handle all of them. They are doing the best they can. The few kids that died were already sick from the long and dangerous journey to the border and would have died anyway if ICE didn't pick them up. You know what is amazing?? We can actually talk about the issues of our country and try to fix them. China? You get locked up and never seen again or killed if you speak out against your country. #XiJinPingLooksLikeWinnieThePooh #TianenmenSquare #Taiwan#1
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-30 at 06:43 PM.

That titan residuum note is shit. No point in doing m+ until the next reset now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsum84 View Post

1. Most people know the reason behind the HK protests, they're not very complicated reasons.

2. 'The evil HK police' have shot people to death, tortured people violently and sexually even injured people in hospitals by shoving stuff up their anus and punching them in the balls, choking and smothering them, raped people, beaten people to the point of broken bones and even fellow public service officers such as paramedics and disappeared people such as student protests leaders.

Nice try you rotten shill.

Ybarra is a good dude, that's a huge win for Blizzard, especially right now, with him joining the team.