Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "it's not changing the game it's just adding all these changes to the game"

brainletwojak.jpg

by this logic, Megaman X and Megaman X2 and Megaman X3 are all the same game because they use the same base physics engine

lol
    Content patches are not game breaking where Class Design patches royally screw up player interactions and expectations.
    There's a major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s been roughly 3 months, Classic isn’t even close to the final phase, and while a success it has had such a drop off in interest (going by the metrics the rabid Classic fan base set themselves), that I wouldn’t be surprised if all they did was discuss potential timelines for phase release.
    That said, I do expect we’ll see a TBC and maybe even WotLK servers in the future, but that is a ways off.
    Not seeing alot of ppl talking about the drop off in players but I really do blame the ppl that raced to the endgame and just started ninjaing/reserving everything. The wow playerbase in general is kind of ignoring the fact that this game is in worse shape (in Terms of active players) than Ive ever seen it. I play on Zul'jin and on Thunderfury (The first server being one of the most popular in wow's history) and the signs are nearly everywhere. The time to be a arse and all excited to ninja gear was years ago. Now the community needs to be more accommodating to new players and frankly its just not. Classic will look like a private server before long and 8.3 is already a huge disappointment for a Black Empire patch. Been playing for 15 years and jeez do I feel pessimistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Actually, it's because after Naxx there's nothing to continue the greatness.
    sure there is. tbc released new content, so did wotlk, cata, mop, and though i started to dislike the game shortly after it started, even wod had new content. legion did too, even if the legendary system was horrible. oddly enough, bfa also has new content.

id say you must love classic, but you clearly dont. youre just on the forums trolling 95% of the time, pretending to like classic. far too often to actually play.

At best, they'll give us a timeline for the phases. But I don't expect to here anything this year. Making a decision about expansions to Classic is a looooong way off still.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    sure there is. tbc released new content, so did wotlk, cata, mop, and though i started to dislike the game shortly after it started, even wod had new content. legion did too, even if the legendary system was horrible. oddly enough, bfa also has new content.

id say you must love classic, but you clearly dont. youre just on the forums trolling 95% of the time, pretending to like classic. far too often to actually play.
    Nope, TBC introduces flying and class design changes.
    Not to mention forces players out of Azeroth thus creating a zone only containing lvl 60+ players.

Classic+ keeps the player base within Azeroth, something blizzard will strongly consider as it's the heart of the MMO feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You sure like creating topics about Classic+, don't you?

Classic has been out all of 2 months. There's literally 0 need for 'wuts next' because there's still like 5 stages of Classic content yet to be released. Ask again in a year... or in a week, which is when you'll probably make another topic about it.
    It’s definitely not too soon to be talking about Classic + though. Now is probably the right to start talking about it and showing interest in the idea. It’s too soon for Blizzard to be talking about it, but by the time they would start taking about it, any ideas they have would be set in stone. We can’t wait a year to start the discussion because they will probably want to release the next thing in 2-3 years after the launch of classic and would need time to work on whatever that thing was.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Classic an embarrassment?
    Classic shows Blizzard that there is a HUGE player base that is seeking to play an mmorpg.

If anything, Classic shows Blizzard that they need to fix their retail product drastically if they want it to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it's because after Naxx there's nothing to continue the greatness.
    Blizzard needs to start working on dungeons, zones, raids and item sets now in order to have a great release post Naxx content.

TBC isn't what Classic players want, they want to maintain Azeroth and play the greatest game of all time.
    It just shows they were upset with the lazy storytelling and lies...and it isn't as HUGE as you like to lie about and numbers have dwindled quite a bit.

You wanted classic and you got classic, but in reality you lied once again because you didn't want classic...you and all the classic + just want your version of what you think retail should be, nothing more. You want classic to change because you know it was a shitty system but you could never admit that out loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    classic + might be a thing, def.

We're an age of parallel realities, if enough people on Blizzard staff can be pulled away from retail crew to produce an alternative to Burning Crusade it would be a HUGE success. These companies care about making money, and we as fans are telling them what we would throw our money at.
    Of course it probably wont happen, but if we keep talking about "classic+" maybe an exec will say hmm and give it a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    yup. classic+ wont ever be a thing.
    As cool as a Classic+ system would be, I honestly don't trust Blizzard to not mess it up.

Nope, TBC introduces flying and class design changes.
    Not to mention forces players out of Azeroth thus creating a zone only containing lvl 60+ players.

Classic+ keeps the player base within Azeroth, something blizzard will strongly consider as it's the heart of the MMO feel.
    Once again, that's just your idea of "Classic +"

Other people want class design changes in "Classic +" or other features that you yourself would probably be against.

That's what makes "Classic +" a tricky proposition for Blizzard....no matter what they do...they are alienating part of the Classic base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really see Classic+ being a thing but I wouldn't be surprised if they released TBC after the Nax patch.

I don't believe we will ever see classic+ meme coming to life, since devs themselves always hated vanilla.

Also, TBC and WotLK would break vanilla's population, people would scatter across the place leaving all games population super dry, and who's decided to stop at wrath? What about others who like cata, MoP, etc? Do they not get to play they favorite expansion?

My personal opinion? There will be nothing but vanilla and vanilla only, and they will be focusing on making retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    It just shows they were upset with the lazy storytelling and lies...and it isn't as HUGE as you like to lie about and numbers have dwindled quite a bit.

You wanted classic and you got classic, but in reality you lied once again because you didn't want classic...you and all the classic + just want your version of what you think retail should be, nothing more. You want classic to change because you know it was a shitty system but you could never admit that out loud.
    To preface I’m going to state I don’t want Classic+, I want to see TBC be relaunched.

You clearly lack basic comprehension regarding what Classic+ want. Classic isn’t a shitty system and no one wants that changed. People what the same system, same feel, same design, same spirit as classic but with them actually finishing all the content they cut to launch TBC. Classic is so good people want the game in the classic style to continue since it’s current state is complete garbage.

You’re just afraid of Blizzard putting more effort into classic and retail suffering due to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    To preface I’m going to state I don’t want Classic+, I want to see TBC be relaunched.

You clearly lack basic comprehension regarding what Classic+ want. Classic isn’t a shitty system and no one wants that changed. People what the same system, same feel, same design, same spirit as classic but with them actually finishing all the content they cut to launch TBC. Classic is so good people want the game in the classic style to continue since it’s current state is complete garbage.

You’re just afraid of Blizzard putting more effort into classic and retail suffering due to it.
    Not really, sorry...all of what you said is wrong.

I would mind Classic+ if it's not like starting Fresh 1-70 instead carry over 1-60 to tbc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    If you care so little about graphics, what are you even arguing at this point?
    I care a lot about graphics, but they don't give anyone some kind of unfair advantage like you assume they do
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I expect them to tell us that 30000000 xilions of toons were created but no mention that 85% did't pass level 25 and still stuck in Ther Barrens

Thus I don't expect any major news. My guess they are studying what to do next. Classic plus or TBC since, TBC is going to split a game that the trend is already dead

7+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I care a lot about graphics, but they don't give anyone some kind of unfair advantage like you assume they do
    Stop with that theme already. Believe me, you don't want to talk about graphics here. Yes, person turned out to be weak and succumbed to that troll provocation (he hasn't noticed yet that this troll writes same nonsense in any similar topic, it makes no sense to shoot off every useless such message), customization = choice = models are important, so this is where we can end discussion now. You don't need my participation here

The end.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-01 at 08:26 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

So all the people who were absolutely rabid about the "you think you do, but you don't" comment are now sitting around talking about how Classic "needs" classic+ or some new content - I think it's pretty fair to say that Classic was the short-term nostalgia trip everyone said it was and now only the truly obsessive are playing it.