Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm 99% sure they will talk about some stuff during phase 2-6 and will announce TBC next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    when i learned anythin from mmo-c then it is that shit is only bad when the horde does it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Doubt it, but more likely they will announce phase inc dates. Classic+ bc won't be like maybe 2020-2021ish?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "it's not changing the game it's just adding all these changes to the game"

brainletwojak.jpg

by this logic, Megaman X and Megaman X2 and Megaman X3 are all the same game because they use the same base physics engine

lol
    Content patches are not game breaking where Class Design patches royally screw up player interactions and expectations.
    There's a major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s been roughly 3 months, Classic isn’t even close to the final phase, and while a success it has had such a drop off in interest (going by the metrics the rabid Classic fan base set themselves), that I wouldn’t be surprised if all they did was discuss potential timelines for phase release.
    That said, I do expect we’ll see a TBC and maybe even WotLK servers in the future, but that is a ways off.
    Not seeing alot of ppl talking about the drop off in players but I really do blame the ppl that raced to the endgame and just started ninjaing/reserving everything. The wow playerbase in general is kind of ignoring the fact that this game is in worse shape (in Terms of active players) than Ive ever seen it. I play on Zul'jin and on Thunderfury (The first server being one of the most popular in wow's history) and the signs are nearly everywhere. The time to be a arse and all excited to ninja gear was years ago. Now the community needs to be more accommodating to new players and frankly its just not. Classic will look like a private server before long and 8.3 is already a huge disappointment for a Black Empire patch. Been playing for 15 years and jeez do I feel pessimistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Actually, it's because after Naxx there's nothing to continue the greatness.
    sure there is. tbc released new content, so did wotlk, cata, mop, and though i started to dislike the game shortly after it started, even wod had new content. legion did too, even if the legendary system was horrible. oddly enough, bfa also has new content.

id say you must love classic, but you clearly dont. youre just on the forums trolling 95% of the time, pretending to like classic. far too often to actually play.

At best, they'll give us a timeline for the phases. But I don't expect to here anything this year. Making a decision about expansions to Classic is a looooong way off still.
    Doctoral student in the Digital Humanities. Expertise in human behavior, internet culture, new media studies, and pop culture politics. Web: MatadorMedia.org.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    sure there is. tbc released new content, so did wotlk, cata, mop, and though i started to dislike the game shortly after it started, even wod had new content. legion did too, even if the legendary system was horrible. oddly enough, bfa also has new content.

id say you must love classic, but you clearly dont. youre just on the forums trolling 95% of the time, pretending to like classic. far too often to actually play.
    Nope, TBC introduces flying and class design changes.
    Not to mention forces players out of Azeroth thus creating a zone only containing lvl 60+ players.

Classic+ keeps the player base within Azeroth, something blizzard will strongly consider as it's the heart of the MMO feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You sure like creating topics about Classic+, don't you?

Classic has been out all of 2 months. There's literally 0 need for 'wuts next' because there's still like 5 stages of Classic content yet to be released. Ask again in a year... or in a week, which is when you'll probably make another topic about it.
    It’s definitely not too soon to be talking about Classic + though. Now is probably the right to start talking about it and showing interest in the idea. It’s too soon for Blizzard to be talking about it, but by the time they would start taking about it, any ideas they have would be set in stone. We can’t wait a year to start the discussion because they will probably want to release the next thing in 2-3 years after the launch of classic and would need time to work on whatever that thing was.

Not to mention forces players out of Azeroth thus creating a zone only containing lvl 60+ players.

Classic+ keeps the player base within Azeroth, something blizzard will strongly consider as it's the heart of the MMO feel.
    The heart of MMO feel....
    I did played vanilla and that was an MMO feel.

Now classic is full of elitists, min maxers, loot reservations and ze crap.

Elitism in a simple basic game kinda makes me laugh...in a sad way.

Not going into details why some people liked to build their characters with small diferences.
    Can only speak for druids at the time in vanilla.
    BiS items were "relative".
    Some prefered furor instead of improved mark of the wild for pvp reasons. Some prefered one staff instead of other, for pvp or pve reasons.
    Same with trinkets and rings cloaks etc.

Now people look like robots importing BiS from a database in this easy ass game and acting like experts.

Cba with classic comunity.

How is Classic an embarrassment?
    Classic shows Blizzard that there is a HUGE player base that is seeking to play an mmorpg.

If anything, Classic shows Blizzard that they need to fix their retail product drastically if they want it to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it's because after Naxx there's nothing to continue the greatness.
    Blizzard needs to start working on dungeons, zones, raids and item sets now in order to have a great release post Naxx content.

TBC isn't what Classic players want, they want to maintain Azeroth and play the greatest game of all time.
    It just shows they were upset with the lazy storytelling and lies...and it isn't as HUGE as you like to lie about and numbers have dwindled quite a bit.

You wanted classic and you got classic, but in reality you lied once again because you didn't want classic...you and all the classic + just want your version of what you think retail should be, nothing more. You want classic to change because you know it was a shitty system but you could never admit that out loud.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Stood in the Fire
    classic + might be a thing, def.

I don’t expect to hear anything.

That said, I do think they’re probably planning tbc right now, kind of positioning themselves to be ready to release it if Classic continues to do well, but not going whole hog until they have a better sense of Classic’s longevity.

My small concern is that TBC comes in 2021 to match the off cycle for wow expansions, because I think that’s too quick, but whatever. As long as they implement server transfers in classic there’s gonna be someplace I can go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

We're an age of parallel realities, if enough people on Blizzard staff can be pulled away from retail crew to produce an alternative to Burning Crusade it would be a HUGE success. These companies care about making money, and we as fans are telling them what we would throw our money at.
    Of course it probably wont happen, but if we keep talking about "classic+" maybe an exec will say hmm and give it a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    yup. classic+ wont ever be a thing.
    As cool as a Classic+ system would be, I honestly don't trust Blizzard to not mess it up.

Once again, that's just your idea of "Classic +"

Other people want class design changes in "Classic +" or other features that you yourself would probably be against.

That's what makes "Classic +" a tricky proposition for Blizzard....no matter what they do...they are alienating part of the Classic base.

Can't really see Classic+ being a thing but I wouldn't be surprised if they released TBC after the Nax patch.

I don't believe we will ever see classic+ meme coming to life, since devs themselves always hated vanilla.

Also, TBC and WotLK would break vanilla's population, people would scatter across the place leaving all games population super dry, and who's decided to stop at wrath? What about others who like cata, MoP, etc? Do they not get to play they favorite expansion?

My personal opinion? There will be nothing but vanilla and vanilla only, and they will be focusing on making retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    It just shows they were upset with the lazy storytelling and lies...and it isn't as HUGE as you like to lie about and numbers have dwindled quite a bit.

You wanted classic and you got classic, but in reality you lied once again because you didn't want classic...you and all the classic + just want your version of what you think retail should be, nothing more. You want classic to change because you know it was a shitty system but you could never admit that out loud.
    To preface I’m going to state I don’t want Classic+, I want to see TBC be relaunched.

You clearly lack basic comprehension regarding what Classic+ want. Classic isn’t a shitty system and no one wants that changed. People what the same system, same feel, same design, same spirit as classic but with them actually finishing all the content they cut to launch TBC. Classic is so good people want the game in the classic style to continue since it’s current state is complete garbage.

You’re just afraid of Blizzard putting more effort into classic and retail suffering due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    To preface I’m going to state I don’t want Classic+, I want to see TBC be relaunched.

You clearly lack basic comprehension regarding what Classic+ want. Classic isn’t a shitty system and no one wants that changed. People what the same system, same feel, same design, same spirit as classic but with them actually finishing all the content they cut to launch TBC. Classic is so good people want the game in the classic style to continue since it’s current state is complete garbage.

You’re just afraid of Blizzard putting more effort into classic and retail suffering due to it.
    Not really, sorry...all of what you said is wrong.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

I would mind Classic+ if it's not like starting Fresh 1-70 instead carry over 1-60 to tbc