Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,654
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    If you care so little about graphics, what are you even arguing at this point?
    I care a lot about graphics, but they don't give anyone some kind of unfair advantage like you assume they do
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  2. #142
    I expect them to tell us that 30000000 xilions of toons were created but no mention that 85% did't pass level 25 and still stuck in Ther Barrens

    Thus I don't expect any major news. My guess they are studying what to do next. Classic plus or TBC since, TBC is going to split a game that the trend is already dead

  3. #143
    Dreadlord Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    942

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I care a lot about graphics, but they don't give anyone some kind of unfair advantage like you assume they do
    Stop with that theme already. Believe me, you don't want to talk about graphics here. Yes, person turned out to be weak and succumbed to that troll provocation (he hasn't noticed yet that this troll writes same nonsense in any similar topic, it makes no sense to shoot off every useless such message), customization = choice = models are important, so this is where we can end discussion now. You don't need my participation here

    The end.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-01 at 08:26 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  4. #144
    So all the people who were absolutely rabid about the "you think you do, but you don't" comment are now sitting around talking about how Classic "needs" classic+ or some new content - I think it's pretty fair to say that Classic was the short-term nostalgia trip everyone said it was and now only the truly obsessive are playing it.

  5. #145
    Whats with people wanting Classic+ being announced while Classic is not even in phase 2?

    Also is adding new content really still Classic. People talk about adding zones and Raids but keeping the same Class design. So you wanna play the same rotation for years is that it? I think Classic+ is a really dumb idea because you can never balance it right for the people that want just Classic and the people that want more without making it a separate game. Also im not sure the Classic team is even big enough to make new content.

    Someone told me yesterday that OSRS did it aswell and its working well for them. RS players didn't get fed up with bad system's and content. They got angry because Jagex changed the whole Combat making RS more like WoW and filled the game with MTX. The content RS got pre and even post the Evolution of Combat update was great. OSRS also has an everchanging meta and BIS items changing yoy but people here talk about keeping the same balance and abilities for years.
    Last edited by Firefox72; 2019-11-01 at 08:40 AM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    So, most of the players you ask who are logged into Classic love the idea of Classic+ as opposed to TBC.
    Very confident that blizzard will be entertaining the community.
    Unfortunately you suffer from Confirmation Bias, as any human does who is himself involved in the topic he is asking about. You'll naturally gravitate to people that think like you, and you'll interpret vague answers to be positive for you. So excuse me for not taking your word for it.

    Also, TBC is actually Classic+

    The biggest problem with an idea of Classic+ is that its not clear defined what that means, and everyone has their own opinion what should be included and what absolutely should not. Once you start defining it, you'll get a hundred different things that a hundred different people support and oppose.

    The biggest advantage in a pure Classic was that they could just tell you "this is how 1.12 worked", once they start changing it, there will be so much drama.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-11-01 at 08:47 AM.

  7. #147
    I hope we hear classic+ and TBC announcement.
    I think we will have optional C+ and TBC servers soon. People could choose between classic, classic+ or TBC servers.

  8. #148
    too early for classic+/TBC/etc. games barely a few months old. w/e they say will be some vague " were thinking about it" stuff.
    +it makes more sense to leave that as the big wow announcement for next year, if classic stays popular they can basically alternate retail and classic as the wow focus of blizcon going foward.

    but i am quite hopeful they will share some cool facts about classic too demonstrate it's popularity. maybe some hogger has killed x people, y devilsaur leather collected, z boss in MC is the most dangerous.

    also cant wait for "you think you do but you don't" guy to make a forced and cringy " you think you did, and you did" joke.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-11-01 at 11:54 AM.

  9. #149
    Dreadlord yoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Dark Tower
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I care a lot about graphics, but they don't give anyone some kind of unfair advantage like you assume they do
    They objectively do. Smear a vat of Vaseline on your screen and then go try to PvP. The graphical fidelity, after all, should have no impact.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    It just shows they were upset with the lazy storytelling and lies...and it isn't as HUGE as you like to lie about and numbers have dwindled quite a bit.

    You wanted classic and you got classic, but in reality you lied once again because you didn't want classic...you and all the classic + just want your version of what you think retail should be, nothing more. You want classic to change because you know it was a shitty system but you could never admit that out loud.
    What we want is the World of Azeroth to continue after Naxx.
    Progressing into TBC is not Classic wow. Classic is the vast world.

  11. #151
    Brewmaster Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    What we want is the World of Azeroth to continue after Naxx.
    Progressing into TBC is not Classic wow. Classic is the vast world.
    With new raids comes new items, which then has new balances. So changes.
    When does it end? What about in 2 years from now when someone wants to replay Vanilla 1.12, given it won't exist anymore in its current form? What if someone likes 1.14, but not 1.15? Do we open seperate servers for each patch? (Obviously stupid idea). Sorry but TBC is the safest bet, and Classic+ would be too much of a resource hog given you would need to hire entirely new teams.

  12. #152
    They will likely talk about the success of Classic numbers at launch, and maybe layout the timeline for Classic phases. Beyond that - probably not. It's still too early to announce BC or anything of a Classic+. We still have four phases to go through. It'll likely be next year, but hey maybe they get ambitious.

    Of the two I find TBC more likely - Classic flared its bright moment in the sun but the end game is lacking and most players are seeing that now. Blizzard will begin to roll out phases relatively quickly to keep players interested, but my expectation is BC in the first half of 2021. If the game keeps as Classic without some significant changes - the population base will dwindle quickly until only hardcore fans remain.

  13. #153
    I feel like classic + will not happen and they'll just do TBC and Wrath servers eventually.

    I'd like classic + solely because it would be something new, rather than things we already know will come.

  14. #154
    The Lightbringer Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan(not true)
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    What the heck is classic+?
    I don't really know what people would be expecting to hear, its like if we decided to recreate world war 2 and then ask who iss going to win. We already know, we've walked that path before...
    Classic+ is s pipedream for people thinking Blizzard won't just take the easy route go with TBC. Basically new content in the spirit of vanilla.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    What we want is the World of Azeroth to continue after Naxx.
    Progressing into TBC is not Classic wow. Classic is the vast world.
    Vanilla ended at Naxx, Classic is the recreation of Vanilla.

    You got what you wanted, but that isn't what you wanted is it?
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  16. #156
    Probably not much. I mean we know whats coming for the game for probably a year-ish anyway. Maybe a few bullet points on release schedule on near by phases. Maybe some questions at the Q&A is my guess. That is about it.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Vanilla ended at Naxx, Classic is the recreation of Vanilla.

    You got what you wanted, but that isn't what you wanted is it?
    There's always someone hating...
    You can't have classic forever. People either want Classic+ after naxx, or TBC. And you can bet your ass that Blizzard is going to expand on classic, since it's so popular.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    You can't have classic forever.
    But you're wrong. How about

    FRESH
    Servers

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    There's always someone hating...
    You can't have classic forever. People either want Classic+ after naxx, or TBC. And you can bet your ass that Blizzard is going to expand on classic, since it's so popular.
    Then you didn't want classic in the first place...so can you finally admit the truth?

    It's too earlier to tell if it's popular enough to even be worth it...it's too early to tell if it's a fad or not.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Then you didn't want classic in the first place...so can you finally admit the truth?

    It's too earlier to tell if it's popular enough to even be worth it...it's too early to tell if it's a fad or not.
    You were right all along.

    There, feel better?

    I mean, that's why you post in this subforum, afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •