Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    So entitled shitkickers get what they want. What a moral of a story.

Classic+ is ridiculous. Retail is Classic+ so go play that.
    Nah, we wanted something that was supported by lore that they were going to omit for no reason.

Adding high res options in classic in no way makes it classic+ the game by definition is a remaster of the original already and should have that kind of option, not to mention tons of other changes to things were made and no one seems to care about them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully confirming TBC is on the table and Classic+ is not gonna happen.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nah, we wanted something that was supported by lore that they were going to omit for no reason.

Adding high res options in classic in no way makes it classic+ the game by definition is a remaster of the original already and should have that kind of option, not to mention tons of other changes to things were made and no one seems to care about them.
    There are already repercussions of updated graphics like the water in Classic (higher detail lets you see into and under the water from the shore, something that was not possible in Vanilla.)

Updating resolutions and models and graphics most definitely has an impact on gameplay. Those changes should be as minimalistic as possible, which is what Blizzard has done in Classic.

If you want shiny new models and sparkly spell effects, go play Retail. Solved.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

There are already repercussions of updated graphics like the water in Classic (higher detail lets you see into and under the water from the shore, something that was not possible in Vanilla.)

Updating resolutions and models and graphics most definitely has an impact on gameplay. Those changes should be as minimalistic as possible, which is what Blizzard has done in Classic.

If you want shiny new models and sparkly spell effects, go play Retail. Solved.
    No it does not effect you in any way since it would be off by default so it would not effect YOUR PERSONAL experience of the game unless you feel you need to turn them on and then it becomes a YOU issue not an everyone else issue.

way to soon probably p2 maybe with a ok guys you need battlegrouds' p3 surprise since there is mostly pvp to do

10+ Year Old Account
    No it does not effect you in any way since it would be off by default so it would not effect YOUR PERSONAL experience of the game unless you feel you need to turn them on and then it becomes a YOU issue not an everyone else issue.
    If someone has their water detail set to low and jumps into a lake to hide from gankers who have that setting set to high and can see them, I think it does matter what graphics are involved. Next argument.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

If someone has their water detail set to low and jumps into a lake to hide from gankers who have that setting set to high and can see them, I think it does matter what graphics are involved. Next argument.
    That is a tiny example of an oversight perhaps but models themselves would effect nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    So, most of the players you ask who are logged into Classic love the idea of Classic+ as opposed to TBC.
    Very confident that blizzard will be entertaining the community.
    "Most of the players"? Who's asking? You? You're completely biased, so I'd expect dishonesty from you. You're going to have to try harder than that. I would bet money that if you surveyed actual Classic players, TBC would be the preferable choice by a long shot. Classic+ is available, it's called Battle for Azeroth.

I love Classic. The thought of Classic+ does not interest me in the least, little bit. Mainly because I'm aware that it's not going to happen. This is merely a pipe dream of players who are never satisfied. That's how we got Retail to its awful current state. There won't be a 3rd version of WoW, no matter how confident you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They'll say nice things. They'll talk about future phases. After that it will all be very vague. That's assuming they say anything much at all. If they're announcing a new expansion they won't likely have much to say about Classic.

There's a small possibility that they may announce something about TBC. Even smaller chance to nod at Classic+. I would like to be surprised but I doubt if I will be. It might come up in the Q&A. I suspect that's the most likely place to hear anything much about the far future (beyond the already announced phases).

All of this talk about Classic+ only demonstrates that Brack, however badly he put it, had a point. Classic is history. Classic is legacy. Their first priority is very likely to leave it as it is.

There is a recent interview with Brack (October 1st, 2019) that I haven't seen anyone talking about much. It seems as if it's a pretty decent preview of an information-free nod toward Classic at Blizzcon.

I suspect the over-riding theme of this year's Blizzcon is moving forward and looking ahead. I will not be a bit surprised to see an announcement of a new game if not a new IP.

Brack interview is here.
    Agree with all this. They have enough 'looking back' products already. Possibilites and certainties already in place:

- Classic
    - Classic TBC
    - War3 reforged
    - D2 reforged

Obviously a couple are unlikely, but the point is they need to focus on new games, 'exciting' things that might draw in new players, not fan service products with niche audience, like classic, war3, and other possible remakes / remasters.

Is it possible? absolutely, obviously. Is it likely? no, not really.

I don't see what there is to talk about, Classic+ completely defeats the purpose of having Classic WoW to begin with.

When will people learn that adding "discussion over" "end of discussion" and "next argument" comments to the end of their argument only hurts it overall. Why not continue to have an open discussion, considering that is the sole purpose of these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    When will people learn that adding "discussion over" "end of discussion" and "next argument" comments to the end of their argument only hurts it overall. Why not continue to have an open discussion, considering that is the sole purpose of these boards.
    Ya but a lot of people don't care and like their bubbles.

Are people that constantly bring up Classic+ in extreme denial? Do you just look at other posts like this methodically fantasy about this game?

I clearly don't know what Blizzard has planned. But it makes 0 sense for a struggling game to spend a ton of money on something so few will use when they are already probably getting a decent revenue bump of something that has already been created and requires minimal resources to maintain

This also extends to the fracturing of their player base. How many people are going to quit Retail for Classic and then go back to Retail after a few months in Classic? Very very few.

Classic+ is ridiculous. Retail is Classic+ so go play that.
    Word! They wanted classic, they get classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic BFA

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a tiny example of an oversight perhaps but models themselves would effect nothing.
    If some people are running a game in higher fidelity than others, including models, spell effects, graphical effects, this one "tiny" oversight will morph into dozens of "tiny" other oversights. Someone running the game in (+) mode or whatever the hell one would call it, might have greater shadow detail (can see movement before someone w/o shadows enabled) or a greater view distance or a larger distance to render objects/models/player characters. Increased graphics = increased perception in the game world. Updated character models are the tip of the (+) iceberg and makes the entire concept ridiculous. If Blizzard ever entertains the idea, it would have to be an entirely different game separate from Classic, and they will not divide that community.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    When will people learn that "next argument" doesn't mean "end of discussion." He admitted that water graphics were a legitimate oversight and moved onto the next argument, as most reasonable people do. I then went into detail on said new argument and now we can continue into the next and so on. That's generally how forums work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'll say anything, just like they don't talk much about WoW at the Blizzcons right after an expansion. They may well say something like "we feel it's been a success" etc but internally, I would imagine the conversation around Classic when decided whether or not to do it went like this, in part:

"Look if it's nt really a success we get good PR, some more and we leave it at that. But if it is a big enough success, this could let us do yearly WoW related releases. Classic between 8.0 and 9.0, TBC between 9 and 10 and finally Wrath between 10 and 11."

So, just as they announce and talk about the next WoW a year after an expansion, they would talk about the next "classic" release a year after the last one... which would be next Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Any speculations on what we'll hear regarding Classic wow at BlizzCon?

I'm thinking there will be confirmation that the Blizzard team is looking into:
    - Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

We'll hear details on the success of classic along with an announcement for phase 2 and possibly a timeline for future phases.
    havent you already asked this question a billion times

If some people are running a game in higher fidelity than others, including models, spell effects, graphical effects, this one "tiny" oversight will morph into dozens of "tiny" other oversights. Someone running the game in (+) mode or whatever the hell one would call it, might have greater shadow detail (can see movement before someone w/o shadows enabled) or a greater view distance or a larger distance to render objects/models/player characters. Increased graphics = increased perception in the game world. Updated character models are the tip of the (+) iceberg and makes the entire concept ridiculous. If Blizzard ever entertains the idea, it would have to be an entirely different game separate from Classic, and they will not divide that community.

When will people learn that "next argument" doesn't mean "end of discussion." He admitted that water graphics were a legitimate oversight and moved onto the next argument, as most reasonable people do. I then went into detail on said new argument and now we can continue into the next and so on. That's generally how forums work.
    It only effects people in PvP I would say so they could easily disable the extra detail in BG's, world PvP is a free for all and has no bearing on your PvP progression in meaningful way in Classic, even after the honor system comes in, no one gets to the best rank through world PvP and that is a fact. So there are solutions that are easy enough which would allow for greater detail in PvE.

Why are people falling for toffmcsofts shitposts every single time ?, the guy trolls this forum every day and probably gets a huge rise out of everyone responding.