Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was hoping there would be a poll to show the overwhelming "no" votes for Classic+.

100% the focus will be upon Shadowlands, Classic is already an embarrassment the Blizzard in the uptake and player engagement versus their current products.

I'll read a summary of the event here on the mainpage the sunday after its all done, but gone are the days where i'd hold on for every Blizzard move with breathless anticipation. the most compelling products they've provided in the last decade are Classic, modernized Starcraft graphics, and the forthcoming Warcraft III remaster.

EDIT: As much as I'd like a Classic+, the easy money is on a TBC remaster and relaunch. So 99% chance that's what we'll get in 2021/22.

As soon as the new addon hits with significant improvements classic server will be a wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Nope.

They have phases 2 through 6 to talk about, and even that, we already know what they contain.

We'll get maybe a loose off the cuff comment akin to 'we're evaluation options' for anything else. I wouldn't hold your breath for much more than that. They may toot their horn about its success though... ironically.

edit: If anything, now that I think about it, there's a good chance they nearly shadow drop Phase 2, saying it's "coming out next week" or something like that.
    Actually, I look for a TBC is coming teaser annoucnement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You sure like creating topics about Classic+, don't you?

Classic has been out all of 2 months. There's literally 0 need for 'wuts next' because there's still like 5 stages of Classic content yet to be released. Ask again in a year... or in a week, which is when you'll probably make another topic about it.
    Well he is obsessed with Classic, trying to "prove" it's better than retail and you can see him post in any thread that bashes anything that isn't classic...even bashing in posts that have to do with BC servers, because he hates anything that isn't classic...which is ironic because classic+ wouldn't be "classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I don't see what there is to talk about, Classic+ completely defeats the purpose of having Classic WoW to begin with.
    They could put out new content as events as opposed to permanent things in the world, but I doubt they'll do that either. But that would at least keep classic WoW, classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    They could put out new content as events as opposed to permanent things in the world, but I doubt they'll do that either. But that would at least keep classic WoW, classic.
    I suppose but still people wanted Classic as it was back then, or as close a proximate as 1.12 gets, so I doubt the die hard zealots would appreciate if they fucked with the sanctity of Classic, though they kinda did with layering but that is being scaled back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Well he is obsessed with Classic, trying to "prove" it's better than retail and you can see him post in any thread that bashes anything that isn't classic...even bashing in posts that have to do with BC servers, because he hates anything that isn't classic...which is ironic because classic+ wouldn't be "classic"
    Exactly. 'Classic is so great but o man it wuld b so much better w these changes'

I can't wait for BC servers to get announced and shut all this C+ crap down.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If they do announce TBC servers, I hope it's launching well beyond the last phase of Classic. TBC was my favorite xpac, but I wouldn't want to quit Classic or split my time for it. There's no need to rush it at this point, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    100% the focus will be upon Shadowlands, Classic is already an embarrassment the Blizzard in the uptake and player engagement versus their current products.

I'll read a summary of the event here on the mainpage the sunday after its all done, but gone are the days where i'd hold on for every Blizzard move with breathless anticipation. the most compelling products they've provided in the last decade are Classic, modernized Starcraft graphics, and the forthcoming Warcraft III remaster.

EDIT: As much as I'd like a Classic+, the easy money is on a TBC remaster and relaunch. So 99% chance that's what we'll get in 2021/22.
    How is Classic an embarrassment?
    Classic shows Blizzard that there is a HUGE player base that is seeking to play an mmorpg.

If anything, Classic shows Blizzard that they need to fix their retail product drastically if they want it to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly. 'Classic is so great but o man it wuld b so much better w these changes'

I can't wait for BC servers to get announced and shut all this C+ crap down.
    Actually, it's because after Naxx there's nothing to continue the greatness.
    Blizzard needs to start working on dungeons, zones, raids and item sets now in order to have a great release post Naxx content.

TBC isn't what Classic players want, they want to maintain Azeroth and play the greatest game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Its just me thinking that classic+ is not classic anymore?
    It's not. The entire point of Classic is to preserve patch 1.12 and its content. When you go and change everything and add new content, it's not classic anymore.

You wish for Classic+ but realistically you aren't going to get it. You'll be splitting an already split player base between Classic, Classic TBC, Classic+ and current WoW. A very diluted gene pool.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    You wish for Classic+ but realistically you aren't going to get it. You'll be splitting an already split player base between Classic, Classic TBC, Classic+ and current WoW. A very diluted gene pool.
    Actually, Classic+ retains the current split.
    Allows Blizzard to maintain Retail and continue Classic into Classic+.

Mark these words, Classic+ will happen.

me and some guildies were speculating that since phase 2 was supposed to be the honor system + dire maul, that they might decide to release the honor system + bgs in p2 since they already released dire maul early. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's not. The entire point of Classic is to preserve patch 1.12 and its content. When you go and change everything and add new content, it's not classic anymore.
    Sorry but Classic+ isn't changing anything.
    All it is doing is finishing unfinished zones, new dungeons, new raid tiers.

Class design isn't touched, game design isn't touched... literally nothing changes except new areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Damn, next time you'll complain about people using 144hz monitor. I can understand that graphics argument in something like realistic mode of warthunder, but in wow, when you don't even need to watch your screen and are able to detect anything from API it's really ridiculous argument
    If you care so little about graphics, what are you even arguing at this point?
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    me and some guildies were speculating that since phase 2 was supposed to be the honor system + dire maul, that they might decide to release the honor system + bgs in p2 since they already released dire maul early. *shrugs*
    It will be extremely unfortunate if BGs are released at the same time as the honor system.
    One of the biggest areas of enjoyment is the constant World PVP outside of Battle Grounds.

It would be a real shame if blizzard puts a damper on world pvp honor grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Sorry but Classic+ isn't changing anything.
    All it is doing is finishing unfinished zones, new dungeons, new raid tiers.

Class design isn't touched, game design isn't touched... literally nothing changes except new areas.
    "it's not changing the game it's just adding all these changes to the game"

brainletwojak.jpg

by this logic, Megaman X and Megaman X2 and Megaman X3 are all the same game because they use the same base physics engine

lol

I'm 99% sure they will talk about some stuff during phase 2-6 and will announce TBC next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Doubt it, but more likely they will announce phase inc dates. Classic+ bc won't be like maybe 2020-2021ish?