Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Thumbs down Away with that Tinker feticism!

Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers

I don't know it it is a rule that class must fit its expansion.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I don't know it it is a rule that class must fit its expansion.
    3-for-3 is a pretty decent trend but nothing stops Blizzard from breaking it. I do feel it is fair to look for patterns despite the small amount of expacs but not every MMO can be Everquest with their 24 expansions.

Tinker is coming !

Even if tinker do not fit the theme... Tinker make sense while necro and dark ranger do not because they overlap with existing class & spec

And we are not 100% sure next expansion is death themed ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    3-for-3 is a pretty decent trend but nothing stops Blizzard from breaking it. I do feel it is fair to look for patterns despite the small amount of expacs but not every MMO can be Everquest with their 24 expansions.
    all dey gotta do is to make some mecha-zone, add some mecha-story and done = it fits. Yeah, we are getting tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by the-italian-warrior View Post
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    It's a fantasy. They could make tinkers work in almost any scenario.

I really hope we get Tinkers.

Plus, by the looks of WC3: Reforged with it's new lore to tightly tie into WoW... looks like we might be getting them thank god!

Cheers
    Shadow Mechanic ? Servants of the old gods who twist the creation of the titans into dark mechanisms for their masters. done. Tinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    It all comes down to the story and how Blizz chooses to fit Tinkers in. Titan-based tech could go really well alongside something with the Shadowlands, as an example. Maybe they are the only ones who can understand the Titan technology well enough to unlock the extra Titan facility MOTHER found in her search.

Or Blizz just decides to instead harvest the seeds of Tinkers they've been planting throughout BfA and bring them in during 8.3.5, thus not needing to worry about the theme.

Either way, I just don't see Blizz bringing in seemingly full DPS classes like Necro or Dark Ranger. Given how hard it can be to find Tanks/Healers, making the new coolness a full DPS-spec class is just not going to do the trick.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I see it why not have Tinkers, or are there some strict can only be these race/class/spec rules in the game that we don't know about.. And in the end this is a fantasy game where pretty much anything goes..

Well Dark Ranger is not a class. Ranger is a class.

Dark Ranger = Forsaken Ranger

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well Dark Ranger is not a class. Ranger is a class.

Dark Ranger = Forsaken Ranger
    So by yours logic :

Well Demon Hunter is not a class. Hunter is a class.

Demon Hunter = Night elven edgy Warlocks
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

If tinker comes with a tech themed expansion then whatever. I won't play one because I find the entire idea of their existence stupid, but it will make sense in it's context and I'm fine with that. I like logic. If tinker comes in a death themed expansion or an expansion that has no ties to anything tech related then I'm quitting wow until the following xpac, since that alone will be enough to show me not to waste my time with Blizzard for the near future since if they can't be bothered to logically tie the class to the expansion theme, the rest of the expansion will be FAR worse. Possibly even BFA levels of bad logic.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

This new blizzard we are seeing as of Late much to lazy to add anything new so there will be no new class.

Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    Tinker is coming !

Even if tinker do not fit the theme... Tinker make sense while necro and dark ranger do not because they overlap with existing class & spec

And we are not 100% sure next expansion is death themed ONLY
    This has never mattered before and it never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If tinker comes with a tech themed expansion then whatever. I won't play one because I find the entire idea of their existence stupid, but it will make sense in it's context and I'm fine with that. I like logic. If tinker comes in a death themed expansion or an expansion that has no ties to anything tech related then I'm quitting wow until the following xpac, since that alone will be enough to show me not to waste my time with Blizzard for the near future since if they can't be bothered to logically tie the class to the expansion theme, the rest of the expansion will be FAR worse. Possibly even BFA levels of bad logic.
    If Blizzard wants to add a class, why would the theme of the expansion hold them back? Tinkers exist on both factions already, so it’s not a class that requires story development. They can simply make them playable without explaining anything.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This new blizzard we are seeing as of Late much to lazy to add anything new so there will be no new class.
    Enjoy your new subraces. They wont be in at launch of course but 3 patches later they should playable.

This question gets answered in like, two days. Do we really need yet another thread on the subject?

What feticism? (fetishism?)

All I see is posts against Tinker, rambling about supposed rabid Tinker proponents.

Cheers
    Actually, there is nothing wrong with people hoping that it will be implimented and posting their thoughts about it to share like interest with other players. It's fun to get ideas thrown around and speculate on what the next class or race to get added would be.

Tinkers aside, do you have any thoughts on what the next class would be? *not going by other's ideas..but your own*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    why is that "logic" it sounds more like some aspergery arbitrary rule you have