Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Them not putting effort into things is how we got BFA in the first place. If they just add them without any logical reason for an expansion that has literally no relevance to the class because reasons then clearly they're not putting any effort into their game at all anymore, and if that's the case I'd rather not waste my cash on their product.
    If they think tinkers are the class that will add the most to the game, that's more than reason enough. Tinkers have existed since before WC3, and the leaders of both gnomes and goblins are both definitely tinkers. Why would there need to be a bigger tie-in than that? Should they put in a bunch of effort to create something to match the theme of the new expansion at the expense of a unique, well established, and highly requested class that they already have concepts for? That just doesn't make sense.

Well let's see. It'll probably piggyback off of the events of BfA. We just recruited Mechagnomes/Vulpera, two rather crafty races. We have Azerite as a now introduced thing that easily powers things, especially engineering-like stuff. I also won't be surprised if there's some Titan-esque stuff in 9.X, and where there's Titans, there's constructs and whatnot (easily Tinker-based stuff).

I don't know any other class that would fit.

- Dark Ranger: This is just Sylvanas-raised rangers. This isn't really a class, it's more or less a title for being undead and a Hunter, imbued with Sylvanas's dark magic. How would Alliance get this class (Tyrande would obviously not allow this), and why would the Horde welcome this class into their ranks? Unless Blizzard goes crazy and decides to split the Horde into two factions of Loyalists vs Horde, I don't see this "class" ever being a reality for players.
    - Necromancer: As cool as Necro would be, I would rather see it as a DK spec. Way too much overlap with DK and Warlock for a full class. I don't see it working and nothing is really pointing towards this.
    - Bard: Bards are always great for medieval-based games and I'd be fine with this, but nothing and I mean nothing is pointing towards this.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    love how instead of 0-2 races we would usualy get we got 10
    You mean 0? We got 0 races.

yet ppl will still whine that rest wasnt there at begining of expansion
    I mean it's relevant when you can only squeeze out about a weeks worth of enjoyment out of an expansion. Because if it's not there that first week, it might as well not be there at all.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2019-10-31 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Technically 1 if you count KT since they're a new skeleton, +1 for Vulpera even though they're using a pre-existing skeleton (Goblin), they're not a "subrace" by any means. Depends on your own view of what's a "full" race.

Also besides the (really, really drawn out and stupid) unlock requirements, I don't really see a problem with Allied Races as long as we eventually get non-allied races too.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

I mean it's relevant when you can only squeeze out about a weeks worth of enjoyment out of an expansion. Because if it's not there that first week, it might as well not be there at all.
    makes no sense at all, thats literally the point of patches, add more content... and we get 2 at beginning, so thats already as much as other expansions get during their whole duration...

and since the skeleton is hardly point of the race, rather its appearance, yes we got 10 races

There won't be new class in next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    So by yours logic :

Well Demon Hunter is not a class. Hunter is a class.

Demon Hunter = Night elven edgy Warlocks
    A Dark Ranger is a Forsaken Ranger. Only Forsaken can be Dark Rangers. And so far the large majority of Dark Rangers are Forsaken of Elven origin which is a something that currently are not available in the game as a playable race. Especially not for the Alliance. Dark Ranger is defined by the specific race.

A Demon Hunter is not a Demon. Demon Hunter is a class that is not exclusive to a certain race. In the Warcraft universe all races can become Demon Hunters. Demon Hunters are not defined by a specific race.

To say that you want to be a Blood Elf Dark Ranger is the same as saying you want to be a Blood Elf Troll Ranger or a Blood Elf Tauren Ranger. Only Undead/Forsaken can be Dark Rangers. And the current playable Undeads in the game are of human origin which makes it very unlikely for them to be Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    So by yours logic :

Well Demon Hunter is not a class. Hunter is a class.

Demon Hunter = Night elven edgy Warlocks
    I mean yeah until Legion

- - - Updated - - -

OT: we are not going to get tinkers because Blizzard Entertainment has been big on disappointment lately. I mean tomorrow’s reveal is going to have to be incredible to make people come back

I want dark rangers not tinkers !

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I want dark rangers not tinkers !
    That’s nice. I’d rather have tinkers because they fill a niche that isn’t currently represented

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Technically 1 if you count KT since they're a new skeleton, +1 for Vulpera even though they're using a pre-existing skeleton (Goblin), they're not a "subrace" by any means. Depends on your own view of what's a "full" race.
    fair enough, i'll give you Kul'tiran, can't give you Vulpera though.

makes no sense at all, thats literally the point of patches, add more content... and we get 2 at beginning, so thats already as much as other expansions get during their whole duration...
    How does it not make sense? Every bit of the expansion is so bland and forgettable and leaves such a bad taste in my mouth that i no longer plan on any point to go back to it and want to just wait for the next expansion instead. As a consumer i have no obligation to give blizzard the benefit of the doubt in belief that if i keep giving blizzard a little more time and money by continuously resubbing to check out the recent patches that they will eventually have brought the bad expansion up to being properly mediocre. I already gave them 50$, if i'm not happy with the product i'm not going to continue to give them money.

and since the skeleton is hardly point of the race, rather its appearance, yes we got 10 races
    Well i guess we're going to have to just agree to disagree here. You don't get to tell me what the "point" of a race is or where that value lies to somebody else. That's great that you're content with playing a reskin, i'm unironically happy that you're enjoying the product as a whole. However the appeal of a new race to me is playing something that both looks and feels new. Playing a pandaren feels different from playing a human. Playing a void elf does not feel any different from playing a blood elf. Switching the faction and color of a race is not enough to call it a new race.

The fact that you find logic an odd thing speaks volumes more about you than it does me.
    No, he thinks your specials rules aren't really "logical," they are just arbitrary rules that you call logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Mists of Pandaria's greatest threat was negative emotions made manifest. Monks are about inner peace and harmony.
    Legion had demons. Demon Hunters aren't demons, they hunt demons. All of their abilities are specifically to counter demons, not emulate them.

Honestly, as far as post-Vanilla classes go, the Death Knights' case of "like against like" are the exception. Not the rule. Every other new class has been about countering the new threat, while tying in to the philosophical theme of the expansion. Pandaria being about conflict and understanding, and Legion being about sacrifice and perseverance.

If the next leaks suggesting the expansion is about undeath or void, and the narrative theme being about advancement and "how far is too far" and "going where no one has ever even thought possible" are at all accurate... well, that'd be a perfect fit for Tinkers.
    If you think about it, DKs follow that trend as well. The DK starting zone is about a large faction of them breaking free of the Lich King, joining the Argent Dawn, the Horde, and the Alliance to fight him. They are there with you throughout the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

They still all fit with the expansions theme. Dudes using machines to fight death just because is stupid. But this is blizzard in 2019 so I shouldn't expect much better really.
    You're not being logical. Its fine if you just don't like Tinkers though.

Yea, and 2 out 3 of the expansion themed classes feel utterly stupid after their themed expansion. Because Demon Hunters and DKs are so relevant in a fight against.... Ghuun? If that doesn't matter than it also doesn't matter that Tinkers haven't got shit to do with an Old Gods or whatever themed expansion.

They still all fit with the expansions theme. Dudes using machines to fight death just because is stupid. But this is blizzard in 2019 so I shouldn't expect much better really.
    Considering the undead's strength is in turning their enemy into their own I think machines would be perfect to combat them. You can't resurrect them so slowly the undead numbers would go down.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by the-italian-warrior View Post
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    Honestly this, every class so far has fit with the theme of the expansion it released with, tinkerers dont scream shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Yea, and 2 out 3 of the expansion themed classes feel utterly stupid after their themed expansion. Because Demon Hunters and DKs are so relevant in a fight against.... Ghuun? If that doesn't matter than it also doesn't matter that Tinkers haven't got shit to do with an Old Gods or whatever themed expansion.
    undead aren't as easily controlled by old god corruption, that makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Necromancer: As cool as Necro would be, I would rather see it as a DK spec. Way too much overlap with DK and Warlock for a full class. I don't see it working and nothing is really pointing towards this.
    You're gonna need a more solid reason behind it than that since that was disproven when DHs became a class.
    Last edited by UnluckyAmateur; 2019-10-31 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    undead aren't as easily controlled by old god corruption, that makes perfect sense.
    Didn't stop DKs from getting mindcontrolled on Zekvoz and not a particularly strong argument for DHs.

DKs should've thematically retired after WotLk instead of going out to fight Nefarian, Ragnaros and Deathwing - let alone to then fight against a bunch of evil panda people. Same for DHs after Legion - them jumping headfirst into a faction conflict only to battle Jaina/Rastakhan was completely pointless.

If these don't matter because *somewhere down the line* there's still gonna be undeads and demons, and eventually that single DK or DH trait will come in handy in that one fight... then yea.. Tinkers will fit in just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    And BFA has the best conclusion for inclusion of Tinkers.

Dark Rangers are just a ranged rogue, and I'd rather have Unholy DK to be necromancers as ranged plate casters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Honestly this, every class so far has fit with the theme of the expansion it released with, tinkerers dont scream shadowlands.
    Nor does a Necromancer or Dark Ranger if you look at their premise. One steals from the realm of the dead to gain power in the realm of the living, another steals from the realm of the living to stay away from the realm of the dead... I guess we'll respecc to spirit walker, spirit healer, or Wraiths?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Considering the undead's strength is in turning their enemy into their own I think machines would be perfect to combat them. You can't resurrect them so slowly the undead numbers would go down.
    Machines can't be quelled as easily either, like magic can.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Cheers
    Folks really should stop acting like the meager sample size of data we have is enough to "prove" anything one way or the other.

While I agree that some folks take their Tinker fandom... a tad... too far, there's not enough to suggest we won't get a Tinker class anymore than there is enough to suggest we absolutely will get a Tinker class.

No one cares if you hate Tinkers.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Can't wait to see the babyrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Didn't stop DKs from getting mindcontrolled on Zekvoz and not a particularly strong argument for DHs.

DKs should've thematically retired after WotLk instead of going out to fight Nefarian, Ragnaros and Deathwing - let alone to then fight against a bunch of evil panda people. Same for DHs after Legion - them jumping headfirst into a faction conflict only to battle Jaina/Rastakhan was completely pointless.

If these don't matter because *somewhere down the line* there's still gonna be undeads and demons, and eventually that single DK or DH trait will come in handy in that one fight... then yea.. Tinkers will fit in just fine.
    Game mechanics =/= Lore

You clearly don't understand much about how these classes work if you truly believe they are useless outside of fighting Undead and Demons. DKs are a fucking juggernaut of a unit that can raise literal armies of the undead against their opponents, freeze them solid by just walking in their direction, and can literally boil your blood in your own body, how is that useless against dragons, orcs, pandas and demons?

On the flipside DHs are the second most agile class lorewise (only beat out by monks imo) that shoot fucking laser beams from their eyes, turn into a giant demon, and eat people's fucking souls to get stronger (obviously a demon soul would be even stronger but still).

By that logic paladins are worthless, warlocks are worthless, shamans are worthless, etc.

After the current leak I firmly don't believe that tinkerers are gonna happen because they don't thematically fit with the supposed expansion as the other classes did with theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.