Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If tinker comes with a tech themed expansion then whatever. I won't play one because I find the entire idea of their existence stupid, but it will make sense in it's context and I'm fine with that. I like logic. If tinker comes in a death themed expansion or an expansion that has no ties to anything tech related then I'm quitting wow until the following xpac, since that alone will be enough to show me not to waste my time with Blizzard for the near future since if they can't be bothered to logically tie the class to the expansion theme, the rest of the expansion will be FAR worse. Possibly even BFA levels of bad logic.
    Well, at least you wear your 'if I don't get my way I QUIT!' on your sleeve.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    all dey gotta do is to make some mecha-zone, add some mecha-story and done = it fits. Yeah, we are getting tinkers.
    They just did that. And no Tinkers.

inb4 no new class will be revealed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No, DK, DR, and Necro harness the powers of death they are not controlled by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolvar is that technology, Icecrown Citadel is a gateway between Azeroth and the Shadowlands, there is a reason it was built there and made of saronite.
    Everything I have read just says ICC is an anchor, not a literal door or gateway. Not only that, but previous lore implies the Lich King has rule over the Shadowlands, so I think all of this stuff will probably get hit with a retcon bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Bolvar is that technology, Icecrown Citadel is a gateway between Azeroth and the Shadowlands, there is a reason it was built there and made of saronite.
    Where was this mentioned? Last I remember Ner'zul was just frozen in ice and hurled in the most secluded part of Azeroth to build up their power and start their plotting.

According to the pattern, the next class will be tied to the theme of the expansion.

That said, blizzard doesn't 'have' to do that. MOP broke the 'new races, new class' formula by giving us monk AND the game's first and only neutral race. Then WOD had neither but included updated player models.

Looking at blizz's past behavior is useful for guessing, but there is always the possibility that they deviate.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Game mechanics =/= Lore

You clearly don't understand much about how these classes work if you truly believe they are useless outside of fighting Undead and Demons. DKs are a fucking juggernaut of a unit that can raise literal armies of the undead against their opponents, freeze them solid by just walking in their direction, and can literally boil your blood in your own body, how is that useless against dragons, orcs, pandas and demons?

On the flipside DHs are the second most agile class lorewise (only beat out by monks imo) that shoot fucking laser beams from their eyes, turn into a giant demon, and eat people's fucking souls to get stronger (obviously a demon soul would be even stronger but still).

By that logic paladins are worthless, warlocks are worthless, shamans are worthless, etc.
    By that logic Tinkers can just build the Azshara cannon, which is probably also quite resistant to Old god corruption, and blast some fucker like Nzoth out of existence.

Like, if Blizzard wants to they can easily come up with a guy like Mekkatorque building an anzerite-infused Battle Armor that's capable of taking blows from Deathwing or magic of Jaina.

I think it's time we break the cycle of 'fight fire with fire' and actually start fighting fire with fucking water. And Tinkers building inanimate structures are perfect when it comes to mindcontrolling void monsters and don't feel out of place after their 1-big-baddy-archnemesis has been beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Where was this mentioned? Last I remember Ner'zul was just frozen in ice and hurled in the most secluded part of Azeroth to build up their power and start their plotting.
    Something was there when Arthas found the frozen throne and he never said what it was, we can deduce it was a nexus point for undead energies or even possibly a titan death facility of some kind. We know the Titans are not being honest with us about their true nature, I would not be surprised if they are the reason the balance is upset in the first place.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

tinkers are already in the game in the form of engineering, all the mech mounts, goofy quests that involve piloting a robot, and mechagon is basically tinkering for everyone.

a class version won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Tinker is a good counter vs. Death. Necromancer, Dark Ranger and Death Knights are just tools of Death.
    Assuming I'm going to entertain your mental gymnastics, just how is Lego man a counter against death? He is still part human. And when that part rots and withers, naught remains but rusty bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    According to the pattern, the next class will be tied to the theme of the expansion.

That said, blizzard doesn't 'have' to do that. MOP broke the 'new races, new class' formula by giving us monk AND the game's first and only neutral race. Then WOD had neither but included updated player models.

Looking at blizz's past behavior is useful for guessing, but there is always the possibility that they deviate.
    2 Things:

1. Blizzard really put a lot of Tinker-related stuff in BFA to the point where it could almost be considered a sub-theme. That was probably done in order to foreshadow the Tinker class and allow it into the game regardless of expansion theme. This video explains it more;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c37qf7I5Rk

2. We should consider the possibility that Blizzard may deviate from that behavior so that the next class can work in future expansions outside of their theme. For example, Demon Hunters didn't make much sense in BFA, and DKs didn't make much sense in Pandaria.

it's Dark Ranger 99.9%
    Tinker is too much work, member blizz fired everyone?

I wholly support this message, no to Tinkers!

Quote Originally Posted by blahdiblah View Post
    ill stalk you on this forum for a week after blizzcon, qouting this post and laughing at you hysterically.

i invite you to do the same ofc if we tinkers do turn out to be coming.
    Or how about both of you just accept what comes and not pick immature fights?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Assuming I'm going to entertain your mental gymnastics, just how is Lego man a counter against death? He is still part human. And when that part rots and withers, naught remains but rusty bolts.
    Instead of fighting the Undead with what amounts to fuel for them (resurrecting whoever they kill) you could send in robots and mechs that when destroyed cannot be rezzed. It's really easy to come up with lore reasons for them. Just my speculation.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Its gonna be tinkers.
    And they can kiss my subscription goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    And they can kiss my subscription goodbye.
    You know you don't have to play as a Tinker right?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    You know you don't have to play as a Tinker right?
    A new class will be the selling point of the expansion.

Do you skip every expansion that doesn't have a new class?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So will new lands, new gear, new raids, and other features.

The game is lacking a steam punk based class, but it has a lot of shadow-based classes. I think people should be willing to open up to some different concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    Tinker is coming !

Even if tinker do not fit the theme... Tinker make sense while necro and dark ranger do not because they overlap with existing class & spec

And we are not 100% sure next expansion is death themed ONLY
    Priests and paladins say 'hi'. Warlocks and demon hunters are also waving from the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    If you're fighting against super corrupting forces, you counter it with weapons and techniques that aren't easily corrupted. Can't raise a mech suit into undeath.
    But you can raise the pilot into undeath, and we know mechs are useless without their pilots (i.e. the player). Unless "tinker" is not a class but a race of fully robotic sentient beings. (Mechagnomes?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    If you can't see the value in using breathless, mindless machines to fight against an undeath or insanity themed threat, then you might wanna reconsider your relationship with "logic".
    Because logic dictates that all that this "undeath" or "insanity" themed threat has to do is attack the "breathing, sentient" pilots, and all those "breathless, mindless machines" are rendered null and void. Worse: they can now be used against us as the pilots are now being controlled by the enemy.