Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    In my case I really like steam punk and engineer-style classes. No class in WoW really has that aesthetic or ability set, so I'd really like to see a Tinker class added to the game.
    I too love Steam punk electro engineer-tinker class concept.

Problem that insane Tinker-fanbois want "Tinker with mech,blasters,nanomachines,robofactory" and given it WOW.. art style that would be huge shit-show like IRONMAN cosplay.

Just look at this idea of some ....T guy "Tinker healing spec would apply healing spray to his allies" SAY WHAT? is it cyberpunk 2077?

Adam Jensen (Deus Ex) didnt asked for this, why would i be wanting this in World of Warcraft?

"Healing spray" WC3 Alchemist skill is okay with Alchemist Class ; Tinker=/= Alchemist they are like opposite units , different classes
    and i hope Tinker would not cannibalize Alchemist concept. (Love dota 2 Alchemist,Dragon Knight units and have wish to see similar classes in future).
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-01 at 05:03 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Judging by how much engineering already is bad, can't even imagine that on a class.
    You can't really compare a profession to a class though. Fighting inside a mech for example seems like a very appealing concept for a class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    I too love Steam punk electro engineer-tinker class concept.

Problem that insane Tinker-fanbois want "Tinker with mech,blasters,nanomachines,robofactory" and given it WOW.. art style that would be huge shit-show.
    You don't think Blizzard has talented artists who could make that concept awesome?

You can't really compare a profession to a class though. Fighting inside a mech for example seems like a very appealing concept for a class.
    You're right, can be even worse. As they usually give so much to classes.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think Blizzard has talented artists who could make that concept awesome?
    I don't think it would be interesting with nanomachines nope. But as he said steam punk eletro would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    New classes are fun, I enjoy fun things. Plus the game REALLY needs another ranged dps and could use another healer, also it could REALLY use another mail wearer.
    oh it will be nice to have another DR/NECRO/TINKER healer, every class fits really.. a necro healerer sounds good for me even ive never play healer role lol

Quote Originally Posted by Watchers View Post
    oh it will be nice to have another DR/NECRO/TINKER healer, every class fits really.. a necro healerer sounds good for me even ive never play healer role lol
    Lol but necro healer would feel different imo, it's interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Lol but necro healer would feel different imo, it's interesting
    Blood magic to heal, that's how they worked it into ESO anyway, you drain the life from enemies to heal your friends

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Blood magic to heal, that's how they worked it into ESO anyway, you drain the life from enemies to heal your friends
    Cool, and minions zombies mini healing...

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    The Internet must be real rough for you then, buddy.

People are posting about classes because there's been an expansion pattern of alternating classes and races. Legion added a new class, BfA added a fuckton of new races, so 9.0 should add a new class if it follows the pattern. People like speculating what it could be.

Don't like the conversation? Don't join it. No reason to go pissing in people's Cheerios.
    Patterns mean nothing. They can do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex91213 View Post
    12 Classes isn't enough for you? I don't see how?
    Mostly because if I want to play a Ranged+Tank hybrid, I have ONE "CHOICE": Druid. Ranged+Healer? 3 choices: Druid, Shaman, Priest.

Yeah there's a lot of classes but the problem is not enough ranged class options. A total of 6 out of 12 classes can be ranged, while 9 out of 12 can be melee. It's a bit absurd.

PS: I want to play Ranged and Tank, but I don't really feel like playing Druid. Tinker could easily have a Ranged and Tank spec, so I'd kill for that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the obsession with "9.0 NEEDS a new class or it's doomed" really underscores how much we actually don't need a new class.

If the only way you have fun in WoW is by playing a new class, that means the existing 12 classes must be so broken and terrible that they need a total revamp. Which means class design resources should go there instead of to a new class.
    It's not necessarily that. For a lot of people classes get stale over time and you can revamp them however many times you want, adjust them to make then "fun" for each person (as everyone has different tastes), but people will always find them to be stale at some point.

New classes help liven things up from time to time by adding more variables to things. Sure we just had Demon Hunter, but most people prefer playing a ranged over melee for multiple reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Patterns mean nothing. They can do what they want.
    That's true, but at this point it's become more of a tradition.

Classic: Multiple races and classes (start of game)
    TBC: 2 new races
    Wrath: 1 New class
    Cataclysm: 2 new races
    MoP: 1 new race, 1 new class
    WoD: Model revamps (Though they doubled up previous expansion)
    Legion: 1 New Class, 4 new allied races
    BfA: 8 (soon 10) new allied races
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2019-11-01 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not necessarily that. For a lot of people classes get stale over time and you can revamp them however many times you want, adjust them to make then "fun" for each person (as everyone has different tastes), but people will always find them to be stale at some point.

New classes help liven things up from time to time by adding more variables to things. Sure we just had Demon Hunter, but most people prefer playing a ranged over melee for multiple reasons.

That's true, but at this point it's become more of a tradition.

Classic: Multiple races and classes (start of game)
    TBC: 2 new races
    Wrath: 1 New class
    Cataclysm: 2 new races
    MoP: 1 new race, 1 new class
    WoD: Model revamps (Though they doubled up previous expansion)
    Legion: 1 New Class, 4 new allied races
    BfA: 8 (soon 10) new allied races
    So....
    Shadowlands: 5 New Classes??????????????

Honestly, i think they should go back to faction unique classes. Would help with the whole "everybody is horde" problem.

My first character was a Paladin, alliance only. If it was still alliance only... i'd probably be alliance...

Mechanognomes - Tinkers
    Vulpera - Scavengers
    Undead - Alchemists
    Kul'tirans - Plumbers
    Highmountain - Coat racks
    Nightborne - Mana Addicts

etc, etc

Balancing nightmare, but would make the RPG aspect shine through more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex91213 View Post
    At this point in time, World of Warcraft has 12 lore-derived classes. Whether there are arbitrary lines drawn for the sake of an MMO experience is neither here nor there, we have 12.

I do not understand the fixation with:

Tinker
    Lich
    Spellbreaker
    Necromancer
    Dark Ranger (This is the worst one)

12 Classes isn't enough for you? I don't see how? Most of the people whining for these new additions probably can't even hope to be remotely competent on half the ones we currently have...

Give it a rest, WoW has plenty of classes, it has 36 specializations, each with different fantasies (and although class design isn't at its best right now) and essences, talents, and azerite traits to manage.

This post isn't a defense for why WoW classes are the best they've ever been--it's the fact that they aren't the best they've ever been--that we should abandon the compulsion to beg for new classes when the ones we have don't call out to us, as much as they used to.

And seriously a Dark Ranger? I would rather they added different spell animations/improve class fantasy/other incentives, than the devs adding forum-mongrel classes to the game that is already suffering from poor class design/fantasy.

I feel an overwhelming amount of cringe when I see people post about this garbage.
    There isn't a single spec in WoW that visually and thematically fits a necromancer pet-based class...so no, 12 isn't enough. For the large majority of classes specs are a minor difference in how the class is themed. A mage uses frost, fire, and arcane. Sure, the spells have different visuals, and the spells even have some mechanical differences, but the CLASS is the same, its very clearly a MAGE.

Where as a warlock is very clearly a warlock, summoning demons, not undead. Necromancers don't summon demons. Necromancers focus on unholy/death magic, and even some arcane. Warlocks use fel/demonic magic.

It isn't about being competent "on the classes we have". The goal of playing the game is not to be competent on as many classes as possible. The goal is to play a class that thematically and visually fits the character you want to portray while also being a fun class to play mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I'd rather it be something that multiple things can utilise with some decent, underlying lore so its timeless than literally because this mechanical based lifeform is an Allied Race which is stuck in the vacuum of its expansion.
    Aside from Gnomes, Mechagnomes, and Goblins, we also see lots of technology from a bunch of other races. Orcs and Mag'har use technology from the True/Iron Horde. Draenei/Lightforged, Blood Elves, and Nightborne use technology that runs on magic or light. Dwarves use lots of technology - Dark Irons use even more.

While Tinkers aren't my first choice for a new class, I don't think that lore should be counted as a reason for them not to be added, when technology is pretty widespread nowadays.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Aside from Gnomes, Mechagnomes, and Goblins, we also see lots of technology from a bunch of other races. Orcs and Mag'har use technology from the True/Iron Horde. Draenei/Lightforged, Blood Elves, and Nightborne use technology that runs on magic or light. Dwarves use lots of technology - Dark Irons use even more.

While Tinkers aren't my first choice for a new class, I don't think that lore should be counted as a reason for them not to be added, when technology is pretty widespread nowadays.
    I think tinkers are a valid addition to the game at some point. I just don't think that point is *right now*. New classes have thematically fit the theme of the expansion, and tinkers would not at all fit in with the next expansion. They'd feel incredibly out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I think tinkers are a valid addition to the game at some point. I just don't think that point is *right now*. New classes have thematically fit the theme of the expansion, and tinkers would not at all fit in with the next expansion. They'd feel incredibly out of place.
    Oh I totally agree. I think Tinkers would be a fine class, but I'd rather see some other classes first, like Necromancer personally.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

New classes and races contribute to replay value for the game

"Ooh, new Necromancer!? I am so leveling one!!!"

Personally, I would love to level a Necromancer through Duskwood and Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Technology has been around since Classic.
    Void has only recently become a thing.

Anything void-related would just go the way of Demon Hunters next expansion. Hey guys, I know Sargeras is gone, but there's still a couple demons left in Felwood, so I'll stick around a bit, aight?
    Isn `t C'thun void related?

I want 1000 classes are you kidding me? Unnecessary fixation on pvp and balance destroys PVE games. In 15 years, only 3 classes have been added to the game. It’s a shame. There is so much potential. More choice and variety is always better.

If you're someone that only play caster classes, you haven't had a new class to play since Vanilla. It's time for a new caster class.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    So? WoW is loaded with Void slithering its tentacles into everything too. Gimme a fucking Void Knight.
    ???

Multiple classes deal with Shadow magic (DKs have a spell with tentacles), and Priests have a spec dedicated to the Void.
    They even forced this garbage, completely unwanted, on my Subtlety Rogue.

Now I can't play Subtlety, which has been my main since 2005, since they took it in a completely different and unwanted direction. I hate it. It has completely ruined my enjoyment of the game and it's why I don't play anymore.

I just want to play a classic feeling Subtlety Rogue with Gouge, Poisons, etc without this cringey nu-Rogue spec fantasy with all this void/shadow garbage.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams