15th Anniversary - Retail and Classic - Appreciating them both

As this relates to neither Retail or Classic exclusively I thought It would be best posted to general.

August 26, 2019 I quit retail WoW (For Good, Yeah Right)
    It has been 2 months of playing strictly classic with /40 days played on my main. I decided to hop over to retail this morning for the 15th anniversary mount.
    To my surprise I actually found myself enjoying and appreciating the freedoms retail offers. Inadvertently this was the side effect of playing strictly classic for two months. Two completely different games, great in their own right. Enjoying them both for what they are and are not.

So if you understand the paragraph above - I’m not saying these games are without flaws - I’m not going down this rabbit hole of the psychological/sociological break down of how X feature affected Y over Z amount of time with the outcome of ''Omg this game sucks now''. There are plenty of those posts already. I will say this though - The man who said ''You think you do, but you don't'' - He was wrong, but right at the same time. Putting this in my own context here. Many of us wanted Classic, we got it, we love it. However, there is still much appreciation to be had for what retail is as well.

I stepped away from Retail into Classic never wanting to look back, I have stepped back into retail with a less fastidious mindset because of Classic, and I am enjoying both games now, simply for better or worse.

I wonder if anyone else can relate?

All positivity here, Great game Blizzard, Happy 15th Anniversary

I can understand but not relate. I quit Classic at level 30 and will never go back to it. It was torture.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD