Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex91213 View Post
    I feel an overwhelming amount of cringe when I see people post about this garbage.
    Funny, I get the same feeling over posts like these.

If there were 36 specializations that actually had different characteristics or gameplay, then I would be more sympathetic with your take. As it stands, there are actually only 4 functional specializations in Retail WoW: rdps, mdps, tank, and healer. The differences between the different classes and specializations for any of those functional specializations is laughable at best.

A different class can't make this any worse, and at least it would provide something substantially more interesting than reskins...er, new races. Until Blizz stops being cheap and lazy with Retail WoW, I can understand the desire for a new class. I mean, Blizz wants people to shell out $60 or more for what? That's what really burns me (and many others) up about BfA...on top of a sub fee, all we got were reskins and a continuation of Legion patches. Make Blizz work for a living instead of emptying our pockets for very, very little in return.

At this point in time, World of Warcraft has 12 lore-derived classes. Whether there are arbitrary lines drawn for the sake of an MMO experience is neither here nor there, we have 12.

I do not understand the fixation with:

Tinker
    Lich
    Spellbreaker
    Necromancer
    Dark Ranger (This is the worst one)

12 Classes isn't enough for you? I don't see how? Most of the people whining for these new additions probably can't even hope to be remotely competent on half the ones we currently have...

Give it a rest, WoW has plenty of classes, it has 36 specializations, each with different fantasies (and although class design isn't at its best right now) and essences, talents, and azerite traits to manage.

This post isn't a defense for why WoW classes are the best they've ever been--it's the fact that they aren't the best they've ever been--that we should abandon the compulsion to beg for new classes when the ones we have don't call out to us, as much as they used to.

And seriously a Dark Ranger? I would rather they added different spell animations/improve class fantasy/other incentives, than the devs adding forum-mongrel classes to the game that is already suffering from poor class design/fantasy.

I feel an overwhelming amount of cringe when I see people post about this garbage.
    its about playing something new, race or class

its human man... humans love new things

Because its fun to have new classes to play with?

How is this complicated

new classes bring in new flavor.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You know what else is fun? Broken and imbalanced classes. Fix them first
    Vanilla/Classic has NO balance, yet for a lot of people it's very fun.

Your argument is one that's existed for 15 years and will never be remedied without TOTAL HOMOGENIZATION. That's a game that would be TERRIBLE. The imbalances are what make classes unique and fun. A lot of arrogance in your post.

At this point in time, World of Warcraft has 12 lore-derived classes. Whether there are arbitrary lines drawn for the sake of an MMO experience is neither here nor there, we have 12.

I do not understand the fixation

---

New classes are new content, no matter how you look at it.

We have plenty of races too. Do we need more? No. But more is welcome.

Same applies for any content really. That you don't think it's good for the game is honestly your opinion, but the health, popularity and excitement for the game is directly tied to its features, and new classes are a big draw.

So if you don't understand it, it's probably because you aren't fully aware of how popular new classes draw people back to expansions.

Waaah, people want what I don't want, waaah

Whatever class should be added, make it an attractive ranged dps spec so we can stop spamming recruitment ads for ranged on the /2.

10+ Year Old Account
    New classes are needed because it is an iconic thing that defines an expansion. Wow as an MMO has lasted longer than most other MMOs and keeps moving forward. Any expansion needs a marquee. E.g.
    Q. What do you remember WOTLK for?
    Lich King and Death Knights
    Q. What do you remember Mists of Pandaria for?
    Monk
    Q. What do you remember WOD for?
    Garrison
    Q. What do you remember Legion for?
    Artifact Weapon and Demon Hunter. (two marquees makes it a very powerful expansion)
    Q. What would you remember BFA for?
    Umm..... Sylvanas and Saurfang maybe? Pretty forgettable expac.

When you announce a new product (even an expansion to an existing product) -- it needs a selling point. A new class is a very strong selling point. This is from a branding POV.

From gameplay POV, are the current class enough? Probably. As the relative success of classic shows, even the original class set was enough and classes released later are not missed that much in classic.

So, why do we need a new class?
    To prevent staleness and to provide the marketing department with a selling point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Vanilla/Classic has NO balance, yet for a lot of people it's very fun.

Your argument is one that's existed for 15 years and will never be remedied without TOTAL HOMOGENIZATION. That's a game that would be TERRIBLE. The imbalances are what make classes unique and fun. A lot of arrogance in your post.
    You know why people have a lot of fun? Because every class has their full toolkit. I must have said this in a thousand threads now but I want to play a class, not a spec.

I'm not asking for every class to be balanced for every bit of content. I'm a firm believer that every class should have a niche.

Striking a balance is tough, I get it. Class design needs a serious revamp

I have played every single class and almost all specs at max level in the last 2 expansions. I for one need something new.

OP you sound like a boring, buzz kill of a guy. Thank God people like you are never hired to be in marketing.

People just enjoy certain class fantasies and there are many that aren't represented in the game yet.

wow doesn't need new class as it is already bloated right now. There will be class fix and polish first. And there won't be new class in next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You know why people have a lot of fun? Because every class has their full toolkit. I must have said this in a thousand threads now but I want to play a class, not a spec.

I'm not asking for every class to be balanced for every bit of content. I'm a firm believer that every class should have a niche.

Striking a balance is tough, I get it. Class design needs a serious revamp
    I do agree that there should be niches, but they shouldn't be so heavy, like they were in Vanilla, that classes/spec are useless everywhere but that niche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    wow doesn't need new class as it is already bloated right now. There will be class fix and polish first. And there won't be new class in next expansion.
    They can do both, they HAVE done both.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the obsession with "9.0 NEEDS a new class or it's doomed" really underscores how much we actually don't need a new class.

If the only way you have fun in WoW is by playing a new class, that means the existing 12 classes must be so broken and terrible that they need a total revamp. Which means class design resources should go there instead of to a new class.
    This is actually a pretty good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the obsession with "9.0 NEEDS a new class or it's doomed" really underscores how much we actually don't need a new class.

If the only way you have fun in WoW is by playing a new class, that means the existing 12 classes must be so broken and terrible that they need a total revamp. Which means class design resources should go there instead of to a new class.
    In my case I really like steam punk and engineer-style classes. No class in WoW really has that aesthetic or ability set, so I'd really like to see a Tinker class added to the game.

Yes, what's the fixation with new and fun gameplay?! We should all just be miserable like you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    This is actually a pretty good point.
    Not really. Maybe people are just bored of the classes they've been playing for 3-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    For a game loaded with technology, WoW is missing a tech class.
    Judging by how much engineering already is bad, can't even imagine that on a class.