Thread: Mythic+ Help?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Who the hell is crying?

I got what I needed. I asked for advice, got better and got to where I wanted to go.

I dont see any other class being overlooked as much as warlocks or any other class being kicked the second another class pops up.
    There are genuine issues if the community doesnt want x class to be somewhere all classes should be ok enough in. The perception is that Warlocks are bottom of the barrel to pick from.

Talking about an issue, asking questions, seeking advice... none of those things are 'crying and complaining'.

And ignoring the issues or pretending they are just in the heads of everyone else complaining doesnt help at all.

But no, its ok. I'll just solely rely on making my own groups, as should every single other warlock, since thats the only way we should be able to play. Clearly that doesnt imply issues. The issues arent real and every other warlock experiences them is just crazy.
    Now hold on a minute. These are the facts. I didn’t say that class balance is perfect. I didn’t say that warlocks don’t have problems in relation to m+, because they do. Everybody knows that.

HOWEVER, I addressed something that you said in your post.

You said:

“Getting all +15 isnt really possible with all the hate warlocks get.”

This is what you said and this is what I addressed. And that’s just pure crying my friend. Of course it is very very possible. Warlocks do have problems with m+ balancing but the specific “problem” that you’re describing is a general “problem” amongst all classes, and that is what I addressed.

Getting invited by random people to +15 keys, is a general problem if you haven’t already completed that key in the past. Even Rogues don’t get invited to +15 keys unless they have completed that same key on +15 already and have a high io score.

If you’re expecting to be able to do all +15 keys for the first time by invite without having a high io score, then you are going to have a bad time no matter what class you choose.

That’s why I suggested to use your own key when you do the +15’s for the first time. And I would suggest this to all classes/specs.

Tl;dr
    Warlocks DO have problems in relation to m+. But doing +15 keys is not one of them. That’s a IO score “problem” which goes for all classes. Use your own key at first or ask your guildmates.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-11-27 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Now hold on a minute. These are the facts. I didn’t say that class balance is perfect. I didn’t say that warlocks don’t have problems in relation to m+, because they do. Everybody knows that.

HOWEVER, I addressed something that you said in your post.

You said:

“Getting all +15 isnt really possible with all the hate warlocks get.”

This is what you said and this is what I addressed. And that’s just pure crying my friend. Of course it is very very possible. Warlocks do have problems with m+ balancing but the specific “problem” that you’re describing is a general “problem” amongst all classes, and that is what I addressed.

Getting invited by random people to +15 keys, is a general problem if you haven’t already completed that key in the past. Even Rogues don’t get invited to +15 keys unless they have completed that same key on +15 already and have a high io score.

If you’re expecting to be able to do all +15 keys for the first time by invite without having a high io score, then you are going to have a bad time no matter what class you choose.

That’s why I suggested to use your own key when you do the +15’s for the first time. And I would suggest this to all classes/specs.

Tl;dr
    Warlocks DO have problems in relation to m+. But doing +15 keys is not one of them. That’s a IO score “problem” which goes for all classes. Use your own key at first or ask your guildmates.
    That's true, its how I've gotten +15s and higher in last season too. I'd dread doing it as afflic though...

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Thanks.

Have a higher io score to get into higher groups?
    Use my own keys to run what I want?
    Get more gear to do more damage?

Mind
    Blown
    This is the secret to success in WoW, you have to have everything to get anything /s
    Thankfully I only have the urge to run keys below 15 on my Warlock, and in that sense nobody seems to care what spec or class you are. Heck I even see Fury warriors, good grief!
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2019-11-27 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Fix't grammar :3

You're probably going to hear that demo is the only viable spec for warlocks in Mythic+. These people are living back in Season 2. Destro is just as good as demo in the current meta.

My understanding is that affliction is essentially worthless, though.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    This is the secret to success in WoW, you have to have everything to get anything /s
    Thankfully I only have the urge to run keys below 15 on my Warlock, and in that sense nobody seems to care what spec or class you are. Heck I even see Fury warriors, good grief!
    Dude Fury warriors are amazing right now. They don’t have the best utility in the game, however, they got amazing AOE and single target damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    That's true, its how I've gotten +15s and higher in last season too. I'd dread doing it as afflic though...
    No doubt that Affliction is not amazing in m+ right now. But sometimes players are punished for maining a spec instead of class. Fair or not, that’s up for discussion
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-11-28 at 08:55 AM.

Raids: destro
    M+: demo
    PVP: destro

Affliction is a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Raids: destro
    M+: demo
    PVP: destro

Affliction is a meme.
    Calling Afflictions raid performance a meme is a bit crazy. It is still one of the strongest raiding specs in the game. I’ve seen some of method raid testing for next tier and Affliction looks really strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am still playing Affliction in M+, why? Because I love this specc more than the other 2 and that is what I pay for, having a good time and FUN! If people want me to play demo they can sure pay my sub

Demo is great for mythic, its probably a simple spec that just yields more to the group, however demo's biggest weakness is lack of spell cast interrupt. In return you have some amazing cds that is on a very short cd, makes it excellent for mythic+

Destro is also great for mythic as it allows you to use ure felhunter for interrupts, on some bosses rolling havoc/flash point does excellent work. CD's are not that long, flash point is pretty solid here, so is rolling havoc. these two azerites trait alone is why destro is amazing for some of the bosses in EP, and looking to be a good choice for next tier as well.

Aff lost its power when seed of corruption was nerfed and also the loss of some of our legion artifact weapon traits. Way too long on CD's for trash pulls. It's not a bad spec for Temple of Seth, lot of opportunities to multi dot bosses, but overall there are better choices to bring instead of a aff lock.

Aff might be interesting in 8.3 as drain soul is getting decently buffed, and its sniping with some seed build might make a return....but with the other two specs just gets the job done, and overall if you still want to do high keys as a aff...your only hurting the group.

Seems like we play a different game if you think Demo and Destro are great in mythic plus.

Honest advice? Reroll to a class with strong aoe or have guildies to carry you. Warlock is bottom of the barrel for M+
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I refuse to play Demo because I dislike it but I'm doing just fine as destro in M+. I'm usually on par and even better with equally or better geared people of other classes like rogues and dk's.

We're obviously not fotm on any spec, but we're not absolute garbage either, we're just doing less. Now obviously, most mindless people that create groups will just ignore you and try to grab the fotms, which makes applying to groups and absolute annoyance.

Like others have said, the key to succeeding is making your own groups. The only "struggle" is leveling a key to at least 10. Once you have your hands on a 10+ key, you'll get a group going in matter of seconds. Listed a 11 key yesterday, in 40 seconds I had over 10 ppl in the list, out of which at least 2 tanks and 2 healers.

So yeah, don't let the fotm rerollers bully you out if you enjoy the class.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-12-09 at 11:54 AM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Seems like we play a different game if you think Demo and Destro are great in mythic plus.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/519137105

Demo in m+

Doing just fine. Crazy boss damage and great AOE. 60 k overall, similar to Rogue and WW monk.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/519137105

Demo in m+

Doing just fine. Crazy boss damage and great AOE. 60 k overall, similar to Rogue and WW monk.
    The fact you don't understand why demo is not good in m+ is hilarious. Hint: You'd rather have a rogue or a ww monk if they're doing as much dps as a demo warlock is because both specs have more utility and better interrupts.

This isn't controversial. Warlock as a class is simply not good in m+

Furthermore, the class requires you pull around it.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    The fact you don't understand why demo is not good in m+ is hilarious.
    But is it really hilarious?

But is it really hilarious?
    Yeah, it's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty funny.
    “Pretty funny” and ”hilarious” are definitely not the same. Something hilarious is something extremely funny. So.. was it really hilarious or was it just pretty funny?

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Show the raider.io link

https://raider.io/characters/us/sargeras/Shortbuslock

aff is just fine and i keep up with most melee classes, learning when and how to use cds on trash and bosses helps, only reason this toon is not higher is i play 5 toons and 3 of them all have 15s in time or higher. Keep chugging along and try to run with the same people for several keys helps like others have said. I do get invited to pugs on my lock but not as often as my other toons but affliction can and does do enough dps for higher keys.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    It was relative to the Warlock class itself with the options you have...i mean we are in a warlock thread. S2 i managed 2k, s3 i got 1.9k but lost interest in m+/wow besides logging in for raiding & weekly chest.

https://raider.io/characters/us/frostmourne/K%C3%A4te

someone with the recent buff tested affliction on M+?