Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I enjoy flying, but I would say you're catastrophizing if you think the game is ruined without it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Correction: You can use your flying mounts that you get with collector editions.
    Not when flying is not available. Using them on the ground is not enough.
    AMD FX-6300 CPU
    AMD RX470 GPU
    16gb RAM
    1 TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD

  2. #402
    Flying, sharding & cross realms need to be stripped from the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kheldin View Post
    Flying is one of the things that make classic/vanilla better then the rest of WoW.

    It totally annihilates the atmosphere and danger of certain zones.

    Wish they never implemented it.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Good thing we will get Classic+ and have no flying ever introduced to the game!

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    i just unlocked flying on my main today being October 30th. im working at my own pace. i feel super good to have flying but now i don't see any reason to log in the game. blizzard needs to have flying in the early expansion that unlocked. and less heavy requirements. its like eating a big nothing burger having flying locked away the gates of rep grind.
    I get you, but it sounds like you don't see a reason to log in to the game anymore because you had a goal set and you finished it. Similar to when you play a single player game for the campaign and then finish the campaign. Done. The problem isn't flying, the problem is that completing time-gated content creates the feeling that that's it, no more content to complete.

    Instead of removing flying, Blizz should consider not time-gating flying, or alternatively make the requirements for flying low enough that once you get it, you can go on to complete more content instead of that being the end of the progression.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Immersion pretty much fades away after the fifth ride through yet another mob-infested grassy field (Ooh, i got dismounted by a quilboar... and it's dead now, IMMERSION!), and don't try to equate challenge and wading through lame mobs that are trivial a month into the expansion, that's just embarrassing...
    That just leads to another issue to fix then. Make the world NOT trivial. Sure I dont like level scaling, but i also dont like the world being trivial. There can be happy mediums that can be found with a bit of experimenting, which blizzard doesnt like to do anymore. They like to play it safe and any "new" feature is somthing already done from another game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Flying, sharding & cross realms need to be stripped from the game.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Couldn't agree more.
    Good thing we will get Classic+ and have no flying ever introduced to the game!
    You seem 100% sure we'll get classic plus o_O Sure i'd love to have it too, but nothing is confirmed either way. lol.

  5. #405
    The same people that complain about flying restrictions in the start of expansions are the same people that love vanilla and claim its the best ever. Go figure.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The same people that complain about flying restrictions in the start of expansions are the same people that love vanilla and claim its the best ever. Go figure.
    Well facts are facts...
    Classic's release has put retail wow into a ghost town state.

    Classic is just a lot more fun then Retail...

    Blizzard understands the Classic success and absolutely will be getting back to grass roots come next expansion.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    With recent events and the subs being below 1mill
    SOURCE for that NUMBER please?

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Overcoming challenges to get rewards is fun, the ground offers that. Flying removes all challenges from the open world and lets players skip the challenges to get the rewards.
    What fucking game are you playing where the ground is challenging?

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    It's a subjective topic I suppose but, am I wrong?
    Thanks for sharing your opinion and recognizing it is only that.

    But no, I don't agree. Blizzard made their choice, time for you to make yours. Embrace it, or let it stop you from playing. Your choice.

    It is my opinion that you need to embrace the choices the game designers have made.

  10. #410
    Pandaren Monk Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    So you´re saying that it´s a you thing and not a others thing bcs YOU are to weak to CHOOSE to do the stuff with a ground mount...

    nice that we got that out of the way, now why is flying really a problem hm Mr. weak mind?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sorry i would never ever do warmode no matte rwhat reward they will put in there, which means i´m ok with having a mind on my own and make my own desicions instead of being a braindead "but it gives more so i need to do it" lemming.

    And pvp in general is a stupid idea for making desicions bcs lo and behold always nobody is doing wpvp bcs it sucks and sucked since vanilla but they did it bcxs they had no othe roptions.
    No. That is not what I said, despite your attempt to put words in my mouth and name calling.

    What I said is:
    If one choice is just vastly more efficient than the other. Making the choice is merely a formality.

    There is a reason game designers have to protect players from themselves.

    E.G.: If running Island expeditions for 2 hours would reward you with one mythic level gear. This would be the way everyone would gear up. And people would call out, rightfully, as bad design.

    The cat is out of the bag now, killing flying is way too risky for the game. But flying does not provide a lot of design space and it has considerable downsides to the game. So the pathfinder achv is a reasonable compromise, even if I dislike it.

    Btw, I have not stated my opinion of flying, so do not make any assumptions.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Well facts are facts...
    Classic's release has put retail wow into a ghost town state.

    Classic is just a lot more fun then Retail...

    Blizzard understands the Classic success and absolutely will be getting back to grass roots come next expansion.
    In your opinion.....

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    I'm almost certain that this has been talked about before... but.

    To take away flying would ruin the game at this point. So the only option left is for Blizzard to embrace flying and make zones, islands, questing areas etc; only available through it. This was done in Wrath I believe and I remember it being a really enjoyable experience having to fly to the top of Storm Peaks or wherever it was; as it was the only way to get there.

    Embrace this mechanic and make it a true character of the game's design. Don't just have it as an ease of access tool to get around the zones. Having that as Flying's only benefit is ~ B O R I N G ~.

    It's a subjective topic I suppose but, am I wrong?
    Yes and no. I think flying from expansion start is a NO GO. It negates all the work they do on the levels AND it makes it to skipable ( the quests).
    But patch -.1 or -1,5 a good time for flying. So all the people who say its boring, a hassle can *&^( ^%$. The game is broken because they made it so simple.

    BUT End game content like storm peaks is a good idea.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  13. #413
    Maybe just put a cooldown on flying and reimburse people like 75% of the cost to train flying.

  14. #414
    Pandaren Monk Tabrotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Where my books are
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    No. That is not what I said, despite your attempt to put words in my mouth and name calling.

    What I said is:
    If one choice is just vastly more efficient than the other. Making the choice is merely a formality.

    There is a reason game designers have to protect players from themselves.

    E.G.: If running Island expeditions for 2 hours would reward you with one mythic level gear. This would be the way everyone would gear up. And people would call out, rightfully, as bad design.

    The cat is out of the bag now, killing flying is way too risky for the game. But flying does not provide a lot of design space and it has considerable downsides to the game. So the pathfinder achv is a reasonable compromise, even if I dislike it.

    Btw, I have not stated my opinion of flying, so do not make any assumptions.
    Ah yes ofc, the you know not what you want copout used by everyone not being able to say exactly why they think something is bad...

    And then you "have to protect the players from themselfs" as if a player who says that without flyin ghe´s having less fun than with flying is wrong...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes and no. I think flying from expansion start is a NO GO. It negates all the work they do on the levels AND it makes it to skipable ( the quests).
    But patch -.1 or -1,5 a good time for flying. So all the people who say its boring, a hassle can *&^( ^%$. The game is broken because they made it so simple.

    BUT End game content like storm peaks is a good idea.
    The quest whcih w ehave to do to progress? That ones hm? In whcih we interact and see the world they created just as they intended?

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    What fucking game are you playing where the ground is challenging?
    Finding optimal pathing to avoid conflict is requires attention while on the ground since you need to predict aggro range and avoid it. Not high level challenging but it is engaging at minimum.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Finding optimal pathing to avoid conflict is requires attention while on the ground since you need to predict aggro range and avoid it. Not high level challenging but it is engaging at minimum.
    No one actually does that. They just run through everything to get to their destination.

  17. #417
    Pandaren Monk Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Ah yes ofc, the you know not what you want copout used by everyone not being able to say exactly why they think something is bad...

    And then you "have to protect the players from themselfs" as if a player who says that without flyin ghe´s having less fun than with flying is wrong...
    Again, that is not what I said, you are missing the point. It's not about you do not know what you want (nor to say that if you have fun with flying you are wrong). Its about creating a better gameplay experience for the players.

    But this is as good place as any to list the downsides of flying: Limits world design, makes gameplay flow wonky, depopulate the ground level, greatly diminishes exploration, hurts the devs ability to frame scenes among other things.

    Ofc it has a lot of upsides too: Providing player with player with freedom, makes it way faster to do the desired content and let the players see the zones in all their glory just to name a few.

    Pathfinder is a compromise, a good one. But it still has problems.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No one actually does that. They just run through everything to get to their destination.
    If your a tank you can, other specs get dismounted and are forced to engage the enemy (even if only to disengage) and you still avoid running straight through especially if under geared.
    Its honestly really a more subconcious thing that you dont recognise yourself doing, but it is actually a really important part of open world gameplay. I made a suggestion in another post if you are interested in it for what i think is a perfect compromise, basically flying for macro travel, ground mount for micro.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Pathfinder is a compromise, a good one. But it still has problems.
    I'm in the position now where I've unlocked Pathfinder and have nothing to use it on. I've done all the rep grinds, I've got all my AP sorted and I'm fully stocked with crafting mats and consumables. I've not unlocked the older Pathfinders because I was unsubbed and busy with RL during WoD and Legion, and I've got no intention of ever playing through that content again. I have exactly one character that I play, so it's not even as though it's worthwhile for alts.

    Currently, it looks like the relvent content in 8.3 will be taking place in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms, all of which are areas where you can fly without the need for Pathfinder. It's disapointing knowing that something I worked on unlocking is going to be completely worthless a few weeks down the line. Like I've wasted my time on something that has no further value.

    Only being able to fly through content you've already out grown just feels awful. Unlocking flying only to then have to earn it again and again every expansion gets old. In some cases, you can earn it one patch then be unable to use it when new content is added.

    Quite frankly, it's an inelegant completely counter productive "compromise" that in reality achieves nothing but allows Blizzard to put up a justification for their lazy design choices. Only letting you have it when you no longer need it is an excersise in frustration that Blizzard really have no need to subject players to repeatedly.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post

    The quest whcih w ehave to do to progress? That ones hm? In whcih we interact and see the world they created just as they intended?
    Lets make fun of the non english , dyslectic speaker....very low....very very low. And it was not that bad.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •