Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Does anyone really think D4 will be better than path of exile lol?
    Depends on the person. PoE has (imo) too much depth from the beginning. Diablo is just way easier to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I've collected a fuckton of leaks because.. yeah I had a lot time the last week.

I won't say he is wrong, but I think lilith won't be our enemy. He got something wrong. She will help us, because Blizzard's gonna make the heavens the bad guy this time (according to leaks) and tbh .. having the heaven's hate us wouldn't be too surprising. The end of reaper of souls already showed us, that the angels fear the nephalem and imperius just can't wait to purge sanctuary.

But his leak would confirm other leaks

First:
    The game will use overwatch engine and we will play first person or third person. Because climbing walls wouldn't make much sense in the classic diablo style.

And if the other leak was true, diablo will look like this:

We will have 4-5 abilities and no talent trees. Only one choice every 10 or 15 levels with choices like "Want your fireball have a bigger explosion or a bit more damage?"
    Specs like ice, fire and lightning is more a style choice we once do at level 10. It's just the same spells in another color and with a bit other effect.
    We will run around in a semi open world, doing one popping up world event after another to collect the same item over and over again for higher item lvl like in destiny.
    We have a ultimate we charge up to unleash and yeah.. that's it
    A gloomy and dark desert, running around between the same four sand hills to kill minion waves and a little boss for hours.
    A campaign that can easy be finished on launch day.

Of course I hope D4 will be an awesome game. My fav game series since over 20 years.

Also can't wait for exile con in 3/4 weeks. They said something about 'what ever diablo 4 is, PoE 4 will be better'
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I reeeeeally friggin hope this doesn't mean the first person D4 rumour is true. Nothing would kill this franchise quicker for me than restricting the game to some shitty first person mode.
    The leaker's followup posts in that thread say it's isometric. It contradicts the earlier rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Depends on the person. PoE has (imo) too much depth from the beginning. Diablo is just way easier to get into.
    There's no such a thing as too much depth being bad. Depth is always good but complexity is a resource. The flaw of PoE is that it uses complexity poorly. They basically went ham with it the "more complexity=more depth" route which is the easiest and surest way to create depth. That's just not an elegent design. There are certain groups of people that will like it but it will never tap into the full potential of the market if the market has any.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2019-10-31 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    The game will use overwatch engine and we will play first person or third person. Because climbing walls wouldn't make much sense in the classic diablo style.

And if the other leak was true, diablo will look like this:

We will have 4-5 abilities and no talent trees. Only one choice every 10 or 15 levels with choices like "Want your fireball have a bigger explosion or a bit more damage?"
    Specs like ice, fire and lightning is more a style choice we once do at level 10. It's just the same spells in another color and with a bit other effect.
    We will run around in a semi open world, doing one popping up world event after another to collect the same item over and over again for higher item lvl like in destiny.
    We have a ultimate we charge up to unleash and yeah.. that's it
    A gloomy and dark desert, running around between the same four sand hills to kill minion waves and a little boss for hours.
    A campaign that can easy be finished on launch day.
    I hope this ain't true. Blizzard stories aren't solid enough to make a 1st/3rd person games engaging enough. Also not the game I at least want.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it is pretty clear that there will no longer be ONE Nephalem. With the Worldstone shattered, the Nephalem will start popping up everywhere. So yeah, we will be Nephalem (all humans are anyway).
    We will be Nephalem but not THE Nephalem. Otherwise D4 needs all the classes from D3 on top of any new ones. And an explanation to why we are level 1 again. So the D3 Nephalem either turn into NPCs we don't control, or die.

And there is always the prequel route. If DIV is set during the Sin War, Lilith's presence is easier toe explain.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or THE Nephalem is the final villain
    Well all three Diablo vanilla heroes became villains, so it is not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Do you assume we will continue to play as the Nephalem?
    Well, since every single human alive in Sanctuary is a Nephalem to some degree, yes we will still be one.

And as for the level continuation between D3 and D4, there was no explanation as to why we started D3 at level 1 instead of level 99 like at the end of D2. Same thing will happen in D4. We'll be some random John starting a new mission to save the world.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Well, since every single human alive in Sanctuary is a Nephalem to some degree, yes we will still be one.

And as for the level continuation between D3 and D4, there was no explanation as to why we started D3 at level 1 instead of level 99 like at the end of D2. Same thing will happen in D4. We'll be some random John starting a new mission to save the world.
    You misunderstand. Sure we will be Nephalem, but not the D3 Nephalem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you have mounts in a diablo like game?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I reeeeeally friggin hope this doesn't mean the first person D4 rumour is true. Nothing would kill this franchise quicker for me than restricting the game to some shitty first person mode.
    no..what?! Why would anyone even consider this to be a possibility?
    any drastical change blizzard does like that ends up in a spin-off game and not a direct sequel. Which is why Starcraft FPS aka Starcraft: Ghost was called Starcraft: Ghost and not Starcraft 2.
    Same as World of Warcraft was called World of Warcraft, not Warcraft 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Why would you have mounts in a diablo like game?
    Well, just to be technical Crusaders both ride mounts and toss them at enemies
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-10-31 at 10:07 AM.

This actually sounds great.

One of the reasons I loved Diablo 1 and 2 so much was the feeling of dread. It had a great gameplay loop, and not just a reward loop like D3 does:

You wish to enter the darkness, but the darkness is dangerous. You will die if you go too far, so kill monsters to get loot (and levels) so you can move further into the darkness.

Enemies are difficult and grotesque. You need to prepare for the horrors that lurk.

Hardcore adds another element of fright and horror in that pushing too far into the dark now carries the penalty of permanent character death, at which point Diablo becomes unbelievably heart-pumping, because you must forge ahead knowing that you can lose days of work. What you need in hardcore Diablo can only be described as actual bravery.

THAT is the Diablo formula. Scaling everything to your level and puting a cartoonish sheen over the whole thing completely destroys Diablo.

Embrace the dark. Embrace the RPG. Embrace preperation.

Do that, and you'll have a masterfully crafted aRPG.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2019-10-31 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    Indeed, D2 literally looks like a children's game compared to current D3.
    D3 is the shiny childrens game wah wah i need 50 uniques and set items every 15 minutes wah.

15+ Year Old Account
    My fake confirms that is leak

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    This actually sounds great.

One of the reasons I loved Diablo 1 and 2 so much was the feeling of dread. It had a great gameplay loop, and not just a reward loop like D3 does:

You wish to enter the darkness, but the darkness is dangerous. You will die if you go too far, so kill monsters to get loot (and levels) so you can move further into the darkness.

Enemies are difficult and grotesque. You need to prepare for the horrors that lurk.

Hardcore adds another element of fright and horror in that pushing too far into the dark now carries the penalty of permanent character death, at which point Diablo becomes unbelievably heart-pumping, because you must forge ahead knowing that you can lose days of work. What you need in hardcore Diablo can only be described as actual bravery.

THAT is the Diablo formula. Scaling everything to your level and puting a cartoonish sheen over the whole thing completely destroys Diablo.

Embrace the dark. Embrace the RPG. Embrace preperation.

Do that, and you'll have a masterfully crafted aRPG.
    Really, becasue it was all just endless Baal runs and farming for runewords. Pretty much the same as GRs with less variety IMO.

shake it up... i know d4 is +1 from d3 but I'd love some non isometric thing in d4. All for some revolution instead of only ever evolution

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Does anyone really think D4 will be better than path of exile lol?
    D3 is better than PoE imo, so I don't think they have to try hard to reach that goal.

I don't know why people are saying D4 is going to be first person. Pretty sure Jason Schreier confirmed it wasnt. Even if it's on the OW engine, it's just an engine, that doesnt mean it has to be first person.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    D3 is the shiny childrens game wah wah i need 50 uniques and set items every 15 minutes wah.
    Said no one ever until you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't know why people keep asking for a darker game. If you mean dark as in gory and evil then I don't know if I would enjoy the game as much. If you mean dark as in low lighting then that sounds terrible. Light radius was the worst thing and I really hope that doesn't come back. I dislike not being able to see my surroundings.
    I think a bit of both will be good. Diablo 3 felt too flashy somehow.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Sounds nice! If i can't play feral in Classic WoW because of retarded tryhards, at least i will be able to play it in Diablo solo. Sounds good to me