Poll: Is Dracula a Zombie or Undead?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation If Vampires or Zombie turn people all you have to do is kill the leader?

Ok so if I learned anything from Zombie Movies or Dracula it's that if you kill the leader well then that should cure everyone So the question becomes.

If Vampires or Zombie turn people all you have to do is kill the leader?

Also...

Is Dracula a Zombie or Undead?

Finally...

Based on everything said are The Borg Technically Vampire or Zombies, and killing the Borg Queen kills all The Borg right or cures them, or is death the cure?

Bonus...

If there is a Borg Queen does that mean there could be a Borg King?

LOL Happy HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-10-31 at 05:05 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Little early to be eating tainted Halloween candy Amadeus.

Depending on the movie then yes killing the vampire sire would turn the underlings back to human
    Can’t recall a movie That had zombies reverting after the “head zombie” died.
    Vampires count as undead in most fantasy settings not zombies,since they both separate types of undead.(of course vampires can be counted as the living in some settings)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Little early to be eating tainted Halloween candy Amadeus.

Depending on the movie then yes killing the vampire sire would turn the underlings back to human
    Can’t recall a movie That had zombies reverting after the “head zombie” died.
    Vampires count as undead in most fantasy settings not zombies,since they both separate types of undead.(of course vampires can be counted as the living in some settings)
    Dracula is Undead, but wouldn't vampires still be Zombies, If the theory holds up well then Dracula isn't exactly like any other vampire and more the exception right?

5+ Year Old Account
    If Vampires or Zombies turn people, do you just kill the leader?
    Depends on the mythos. Zombies caused by mysticism, usually just need the source destroyed to save or cure others. If they're caused by disease then that method won't work. For vampires it gets complex, because their grunts/slaves may die but non-slave/grunts may not.
    Boooth? Sometimes Dracula simply suffers from a rare disorder/disease, which is a genre of zombie.

I'm too young for the rest of the questions.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Dracula is Undead, but wouldn't vampires still be Zombies, If the theory holds up well then Dracula isn't exactly like any other vampire and more the exception right?
    No for the majority of horror/fantasy settings
    Dracula is just a highborn vampire, someone who was born a vampire or became one without the aid of another vampire through ritual sacfice or making bargains.

This poll is silly.

A better question is:
    If there's a zombie apocalypse, what do the vampires eat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    If Vampires or Zombies turn people, do you just kill the leader?
    Depends on the mythos. Zombies caused by mysticism, usually just need the source destroyed to save or cure others. If they're caused by disease then that method won't work. For vampires it gets complex, because their grunts/slaves may die but non-slave/grunts may not.
    Boooth? Sometimes Dracula simply suffers from a rare disorder/disease, which is a genre of zombie.

I'm too young for the rest of the questions.
    Interesting very interesting, I pestered my fiancee with this question because me and a few co-workers were debating LOL!

At work is boiled down to whether he was a Zombie or a Undead, if he was undead then it was basically through some kind demonic possession, but then I argues what about the Resident Evil theory, like say a virus or something like that, or maybe some kind of parasite.

As for the Dracula I dunno, I think his was due to a ritual and blood sacrifice

My fiance contends that she loves me, but who cares, and I said if she got bitten by Dracula she would care.

- - - Updated - - -

No for the majority of horror/fantasy settings
    Dracula is just a highborn vampire, someone who was born a vampire or became one without the aid of another vampire through ritual sacfice or making bargains.
    Ok Gotcha, see that is what I thought, what the hell does High-borne mean in relation to this, are Vampires a cast system or something?

That would explain a lot about why Nightelves have Vampire teeth

WAIT...

Nightborne don't have the vampire teeth but Nightelves do, WTF!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If you kill Vampire, its ghouls will perish. Zombies don't give a hoot.
    Undead.

Their ghouls perish, wait so are Vampires Zombies then?

And why Perish as opposed to being cured, I thought for sure they would be cured?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting very interesting, I pestered my fiancee with this question because me and a few co-workers were debating LOL!

At work is boiled down to whether he was a Zombie or a Undead, if he was undead then it was basically through some kind demonic possession, but then I argues what about the Resident Evil theory, like say a virus or something like that, or maybe some kind of parasite.

As for the Dracula I dunno, I think his was due to a ritual and blood sacrifice

My fiance contends that she loves me, but who cares, and I said if she got bitten by Dracula she would care.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Gotcha, see that is what I thought, what the hell does High-borne mean in relation to this, are Vampires a cast system or something?

That would explain a lot about why Nightelves have Vampire teeth

WAIT...

Nightborne don't have the vampire teeth but Nightelves do, WTF!
    Yes in most vampire stories show they have a cast system,(these often show them as extremely racist)
    Vampires in some settings can also make a type of undead often called ghouls which they can command, depends on the setting but these are usually people killed by the vampire outright. These themselves are different from zombies as they can follow commands,talk and are able to use firearms.
    Last edited by Rustedsaint; 2019-10-31 at 06:18 PM.

Pft, screw vampires and zombies. Gimme werewolves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    This poll is silly.

A better question is:
    If there's a zombie apocalypse, what do the vampires eat?
    I am pretty sure Zombies would Vampires on account of Zombies not having the kind of blood Vampires need from a living host, however Zombies would outnumber Vampires thus Vampires wouldn't live for very long because Zombies eat brains.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes most vampire stories show they have a cast system,
    Weird, because I always thought Dracula was the King of Vampires, even though I think Vampires lore wise predates Dracula, getting these facts straight could be very important to surviving Zombies or Vampires, if Vampires are the same thing generally.

Which is very confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ghouls are vampire victims that they drained dry. They are (semi)mindless undead that will do the Vampire master's bidding, and they will perish once the master vampire is dead. Vampires made by older vampires are not bound to the master vampire in the same way. Should the master be destroyed, the vampires it made will be free of their influence, but will remain vampires.

Perish because you can't cure being dead.
    Gabriel to the Rescue and FTW!

3+ Year Old Account
    as I recall Dracula is the son of the devil, which makes him a demon?

Depends.

Are we discussing the scifi type "undead" or the magical type "undead".

If the vampirism and zombification is caused by some sort of biological condition they aren't necessarily dead in any way, their metabolism might have underwent some sort of substantial change. Even if "death" is a requirement for the transformation that still technically remains some sort of life form, whether it's a fungal, viral, or whatnot.

I can't think of any biological reason why killing their "leader" or "patient zero" would have any effect on the remaining infected.

If it's a magical thing...well then you can apply whatever rules you want.

Most fictional magical zombies and vampires are all technically undead, just different versions of undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    as I recall Dracula is the son of the devil, which makes him a demon?
    I never heard of any version of Dracula that would be the "son of the devil".

Bram Stoker's Dracula is a corrupted Romanian prince/nobleman Vlad Dracul (Dracul really comes from the latin Dragon, a name his family taken from belonging to a Hungarian Knightly order called the Order of the Dragon). How he becomes a vampire is never actually elaborated on.

Ok so if I learned anything from Zombie Movies or Dracula it's that if you kill the leader well then that should cure everyone So the question becomes.

Also...

Finally...

Based on everything said are The Borg Technically Vampire or Zombies, and killing the Borg Queen kills all The Borg right or cures them, or is death the cure?

Bonus...

LOL Happy HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any writer can make any rules he likes for Vampires or zombies

Sometimes killing the "head vampire":

• restores the vampires he created to human
    • kills all the vampires he created.
    • it depends on how long the people he turned have been vampires if they are cured.
    • doesn't do anything to the vampires he spawned

Not sure what Zombie movies you've watched where killing the "Head Zombie" cures the rest. Usually, you only become a zombie after being infected (usually by a zombie bite but not always) and then dying...and there's no cure for being dead. But, again, if a writer wanted to make that a thing in his movie...he certainly could.

Dracula is a Vampire. Vampires, generally, are Undead. Zombies, also generally, are also Undead.

The Borg are neither zombie nor vampire. They are a hive mind. They are more like Bees than the Undead. There are a few examples of individuals within the Borg, like The Borg Queen, Hugh, or Locutus. Locutus would be the closest thing to a "Borg King"...but his status was closer to that of a General than a King. They aren't Undead either...they are alive and once removed from the Borg Network can resume their previous lives. As evidenced in the cases of Picard and Seven of Nine.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-11-01 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Depends.

Are we discussing the scifi type "undead" or the magical type "undead".

If the vampirism and zombification is caused by some sort of biological condition they aren't necessarily dead in any way, their metabolism might have underwent some sort of substantial change. Even if "death" is a requirement for the transformation that still technically remains some sort of life form, whether it's a fungal, viral, or whatnot.

I can't think of any biological reason why killing their "leader" or "patient zero" would have any effect on the remaining infected.

If it's a magical thing...well then you can apply whatever rules you want.

Most fictional magical zombies and vampires are all technically undead, just different versions of undead.

- - - Updated - - -

I never heard of any version of Dracula that would be the "son of the devil".

Bram Stoker's Dracula is a corrupted Romanian prince/nobleman Vlad Dracul (Dracul really comes from the latin Dragon, a name his family taken from belonging to a Hungarian Knightly order called the Order of the Dragon). How he becomes a vampire is never actually elaborated on.
    In Dracula 2000 he was Judas I made the mistake of seeing that movie in theaters on a date. MISTAKE hehehe!

10+ Year Old Account

Story makes it so for Vampires, not Zombies.

Also...

Dracula is part of the Undead by stories, just like a Zombie is part of that classification.

Finally...

As for the Borg, they assimilate. They can accept and reject members, unlike Dracula who turns you and that is it, same as Zombies. Borg compares with Dracula about leadership. If the Borg leader drops, so does all the Borg, and the ones who's not been Borg for too long gets reverted.

Bonus...

There is no Borg King. Even so, the Borg has no need for the monarchy. The Queen is the hive mind, the Borg follows her lead and assimilates a new subject. The Queen has proven that she enjoys the idea of 'champions'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

pretty sure the idea of killing the head to turn the others back human wasn't a part of the original mythologies and was a creation of modern writers to allow them to arsepull a reset after shockingly turning a main character. Oh no! Professor Tagonist has been bitten and turned into a brain muncher! How will we make a sequel? Oh look it's King God Emperor Dracuterminator the Second! The world is DOOOMED! But maybe... just maybe if we kill him then the hero, his love interest, pet goldfish and childhood friend will all be able to return for the sequel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Pft, screw vampires and zombies. Gimme werewolves!

]
    This is worse:

In Dracula 2000 he was Judas I made the mistake of seeing that movie in theaters on a date. MISTAKE hehehe!
    As a rule of thumb, everything that had "2000" in it around those years was utter garbage.

zombies are mindless, vampires are not. Funny enough I am on the second book of the Vampire Chronicles

I also like the virus theory over the supernatural one, meaning killing the leader won't cure you.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2019-11-01 at 11:36 AM.