Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard is really going all out kowtowing to China.This is fucking revolting

If there's no plan for a world wide WC3 reforged CE with Arthas then I'll be disappointed. But won't be surprised.

People over there in china loves spending shit tonnes on Blizzard's games and stuff. They love blizzard a lot. Heck the Warcraft movie made most of its money from China.

Over here, people whine about store mounts.

The day of the shitfest is upon us. I can't wait for the PEGI 12 Live Service Diablo IV announcement.

Everyone crying about the statue is conveniently ignoring the part where Spain has it as well, I'm sure it will be unveiled at Blizzcon today for other regions.

WC3 Remake on the Switch how about?

Notice that they chose human arthas vs death knight arthas so that they could appeal to China, since China can’t have skulls and other death symbols on the armor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Everyone crying about the statue is conveniently ignoring the part where Spain has it as well, I'm sure it will be unveiled at Blizzcon today for other regions.
    To me, it’s clear they are appealing to China by choosing this particular arthas model vs the undead dk which is vastly more popular, but can’t be sold in china

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Notice that they chose human arthas vs death knight arthas so that they could appeal to China, since China can’t have skulls and other death symbols on the armor

- - - Updated - - -

To me, it’s clear they are appealing to China by choosing this particular arthas model vs the undead dk which is vastly more popular, but can’t be sold in china
    You're really reaching. While they have to censor bones and what not in China, none of that exists on the LK model that is post-transformation. Not to mention that WC3 is the story of Arthas turning from Prince to Lich King in the first place. There is plenty to be upset at Blizzard or China about, this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kythor View Post
    If there's no plan for a world wide WC3 reforged CE with Arthas then I'll be disappointed. But won't be surprised.

People over there in china loves spending shit tonnes on Blizzard's games and stuff. They love blizzard a lot. Heck the Warcraft movie made most of its money from China.

Over here, people whine about store mounts.
    Talking like this won't get you anywhere in life. Why even talk if you're just going to beat yourself up by the end of your pathetic statement. Everything you said was a generalization and has nothing to do with the fact you WANT THIS PRODUCT.

That's how you get what you want, you tell someone. You don't make up shit that makes no sense, but somehow you accept, as being truth.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Over in America, we got people who bitch about those who bitch.

Also those complaining they bought the digital deluxe edition, they credit your account if you buy the physical copy and give them proof. Has always been this way.

You're really reaching. While they have to censor bones and what not in China, none of that exists on the LK model that is post-transformation. Not to mention that WC3 is the story of Arthas turning from Prince to Lich King in the first place. There is plenty to be upset at Blizzard or China about, this is not one of them.
    His shoulder pads have skulls on it, as well as other skulls on his armor in LK form.

Don't act like this wasn't a conscious decision to appease their chinese overlords.

LK arthas is 100x more popular than human arthas.

i definitely believe that they chose this model deliberately so they could sell it in china as well as the rest of the world rather than have 1 model for the rest of the world and a token arthas human model for their chinese masters

ps - not upset at all either and i'm not demonizing blizzard. Just stating the obvious of why they chose this model over the vastly more popular LK arthas

Missed opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Missed opportunity for the Night Elf poster to say Ishnu-alah
    I would have loved it to be Baine saying " I've been expecting you. "

His shoulder pads have skulls on it, as well as other skulls on his armor in LK form.

Don't act like this wasn't a conscious decision to appease their chinese overlords.

i definitely believe that they chose this model deliberately so they could sell it in china as well as the rest of the world rather than have 1 model for the rest of the world and a token arthas human model for their chinese masters

ps - not upset at all either and i'm not demonizing blizzard. Just stating the obvious of why they chose this model over the vastly more popular LK arthas
    I hate china but I think regular Arthas is a more prominent character than lich king arthas in warcraft 3. Lich King arthad is more WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I hate china but I think regular Arthas is a more prominent character than lich king arthas in warcraft 3. Lich King arthad is more WoW.
    Arthas spends MUCH more time in WC3 as LK Arthas. From the end of his campaign, to the frozen throne expac... etc.

LK Arthas is the definitive arthas from both wc3 and WoW.

This was a conscious decision on Blizzard's part so they could sell it in china no fuss too.

i mean, that's fine and all i'm not gonna demonize them or china over it... just pointing it out

Arthas spends MUCH more time in WC3 as LK Arthas. From the end of his campaign, to the frozen throne expac... etc.

LK Arthas is the definitive arthas from both wc3 and WoW.

This was a conscious decision on Blizzard's part so they could sell it in china no fuss too.

i mean, that's fine and all i'm not gonna demonize them or china over it... just pointing it out
    You mean death knight arthas?

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    I wonder why all of the posters are different ways of saying "Welcome" apart from the Overwatch one. In England we use the word cheers to mean "Thank-you" not "Welcome".

If they cant even get the posters on the front door correct this worries me somewhat.
    In the US "Cheers" also means "Hello". Blizzard is American.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You mean death knight arthas?
    I did, my fault on that. i meant DK arthas, ty for the correction. Yeah, i wasn't trying to demonize blizzard or china at all tbh... just pointing out that that's prolly why they chose the less iconic version of Arthas vs the DK Arthas most fans would've preferred.

TBH, i wonder if chinese fans would prefer DK arthas too if it wasn't for their government's heavy hand

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    As an american, i've never once heard cheers as a form of "hello". It's more of a congratulatory comment like "Cheers man, hip hip hoorah!"

No it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look on the ground, you can see his hammer. This is when he pulled Frostmourne out in the cave. If you look below the statue, you can see the face of Arthas when he is a Death Knight. This picture is FAR more than you ever see of him after he turns into the Lich King so your complaints about pandering to Chinas fear of bones or whatever is poorly placed. Like I said above, there is more than enough justifiable reason to dislike Blizzard or China atm, I just don't see this as one of them.

No it doesn't.
    Yes, it does. I live in the US. People use "Cheers" to say "Welcome" or "Hello" all the time. US is not England.

No it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look on the ground, you can see his hammer. This is when he pulled Frostmourne out in the cave. If you look below the statue, you can see the face of Arthas when he is a Death Knight. This picture is FAR more than you ever see of him after he turns into the Lich King so your complaints about pandering to Chinas fear of bones or whatever is poorly placed. Like I said above, there is more than enough justifiable reason to dislike Blizzard or China atm, I just don't see this as one of them.
    man they just trying to find a reason to hate it that all. Is internet ppl and what they do.

Yes, it does. I live in the US. People use "Cheers" to say "Welcome" or "Hello" all the time. US is not England.
    Cool, I live in the US too, I've lived all over the US, and I've never heard this before in my life. I guarantee you are in the far minority and more likely grew up in the northeast somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it really doesn't. As multiple who live in the US, myself included, have stated, I have never once heard "cheers" used as a greeting. It's a toast when drinking or congratulatory. I'd link multiple dictionary results but, I mean, how hard is it to Google it yourself.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."