Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not every expansion, but often enough. Usually happens after I start lvling alts and find one that has really fun gameplay. So in BfA I'm playing . . . a shaman in classic :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Just in the recent expansions have I swapped main.
    Vanilla-TBC-WOTLK-Cata: Druid
    MoP: Rogue
    WoD: Mage
    Legion: Mage again due to quitting during WoD
    BfA: Warlock
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I change every month

No, I changed mains 2 times in 15 years. The first time was because the class I wanted to play finally became available, the second time because over the years my RPG preferences became clear to me and I really liked the theme at the time.

During BfA i have main swapped almost every tier. The classes are just not enjoyable for me for any length of time. I get bored of each one very quickly, and unfortunately, only seem to enjoy one spec out of each class, if that. Even then i tire of them very quickly.

Previous expacs i would have one "main" that i played for progression, and a secondary character that i used for farm bosses etc. The main stayed the same, but the secondary changed quite frequently. Sometimes i enjoyed my secondary character more, but the main had the gear and was in a good place balance wise, and the secondary might be a bit weaker but something i really enjoyed.

Example being i mained Bear when they were very strong in heroic+ content, but prefered to play DK / Warrior.

Warlock from Vanilla - Wrath.
    DK tank (unholy) during 3/4 of wrath, then back to warlock.
    Warlock -> present and until something necromancer like replaces it. If that happens. Which won't.

vanilla : rogue
    bc : rogue + heal pala
    wotlk rogue + tank dk
    after that only tanks + rogue as alt

Yea I typically swap every expansion and sometimes mid expansion as well. Playing only 1 character seems feasible if you barely play the game. If you put ample hours in each week and only play one character, I don't know how you don't get bored.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Vanilla: Hunter
    TBC: Hunter
    Wrath: Resto Druid
    Cata: Resto Druid
    MoP: Afk'd as Ret lul
    WoD: Resto Druid
    Legion: Guardian Druid/Blood DK
    BFA: Thus far I've maintained 5 toons at cap, but since I only Mythic raid on my Hunter that's my new Main?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass

Vanilla: Warlock
    TBC: Warlock/Druid
    Wrath: DK
    Cata: Warlock/DK
    Mists: Everything
    Warlords: Everything
    Legion: DK/Warlock/Druid
    BFA: DK/Rogue/Warlock

I've always mained Enhancement Shaman up until BfA when I mostly play my Mage and Priest. I just got tired of the RNG aspect of enhancement. I still love the spec but I could do with the removal of the rng bullshit.

I've played since late cata (4.3 I think) and my first character was a worgen rogue. Come MoP I had two main characters, an Orc Monk and a Human Paladin that I've leveled side by side/mained since that time up to BfA.

I'm considering a change for 9.0, just have to see what they have in store.

WOTLK: Mage
    Cata: Mage/DK
    Mists: Mage
    WoD: Mage/Priest
    Legion: Priest
    BFA: Priest/Monk

vanilla: priest
    TBC: shaman
    Wotlk: DK
    Cata onward: warrior

and im finding it REALLY difficult to step away from my warrior. i contemplated switching with Legion and BfA and every time i ended right back where i started. somehow i feel very connected to it and feel bad to go to a new toon and not have those green reputation bars completely filled....because that's really what differes between e new and old toon every expension...how far the old reputation bars are filled...
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Yes.

Hunter in vanilla/TBC
    Boomkin from 3.0 in TBC, through WotLK to Cata
    Mage in Cata
    Shaman/Hunter in MoP(barely)
    Rogue first half of WoD, Mage last half.
    Mage first 3 months in Legion, but then I leveled my hunter and fell in love with Marksman so much that I just changed main.
    Then changed to Holy Paladin in ToS, and just at the end of Legion I played Hunter again.
    Started as Hunter in BfA, though MM was screwed over, took a break(not voluntarily) then came back halfway in BoD, then changed main to Demon Hunter.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

TBC: Shaman
    WotLK: Shaman and Warrior
    CATA: Shaman and Warrior
    MoP: Warrior
    WoD: Shaman
    Legion: Shaman
    BfA: Shaman

Vanilla: Druid (veeery casual)
    Late BC-now: Priest (raided almost all the time)
    Classic: Warrior

Nerh, would have gone priest in Classic too if we didn't already have one in the friends group. I don't really reroll

Yes, I like to keep things fresh. Used to change almost every tier back when I had more time.

Vanilla: Warlock
    TBC: Paladin/Warlock
    Wrath: Priest
    Cata: Priest/Druid
    MOP: Warlock
    WOD: Druid
    BfA: Paladin

TBC: Rogue
    Wrath: Rogue to Shaman
    Cata: Warlock
    MOP: Monk to Hunter
    WOD: Hunter
    BFA: Shaman

Classic: Hunter

Next expansion probably going to continue with Shaman, if the class and expansion looks good.

Vanilla: Shaman (0/30/21)
    TBC: Shaman (elemental) & Paladin (Retribution. Payed equally, so both were mains.
    WotLK: Death Knight (mainly 2H Frost, though I experimented a lot due to the freedom of the talent tree system), Paladin (Retribution) & Rogue (Assassination). This expansion had me switching between 3 characters. That's how good it was.
    Cataclysm: Rogue (Assassination? Can't remember.) and Death Knight (2H Frost).
    MoP: Rogue (No idea what I used, only played during the tail end of the expansion).
    WoD: Mage (frost).
    Legion: Demon Hunter (Havoc).
    BFA: Mage (Frost) and Death Knight (Frost, even if's miserable). (Alliance and Horde, just for allied races, otherwise I'd have played one.)