Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mained a Night Elf Warrior in classic and most of BC.

Started leveling a Human Paladin late BC, been my main ever since.

Vanilla: Hunter
    TBC: Hunter
    WotLK: Death Knight
    Cata: Priest
    Panda: Hunter
    WoD Hunter
    Legion: Demon Hunter
    BfA: Hunter

My hunter has some unique pets and history that I just can't part with. I also love the play style of the hunter. I still play my Demon Hunter and I am an altoholic.

My main has always been the same, since I created it in Vanilla - Night Elf Druid.
    But every expansion I level another primary alt first, and I try to keep that one thematically in-line with the expansion. Have a feeling this coming expansion my DK will get its turn in the limelight again

Vanilla: Druid
    TBC: Mage
    WotLK: Rogue
    Cata: n/a
    Panda: n/a
    WoD: n/a
    Legion: Druid -> Mage -> Paladin -> Monk (GM was very fond of me switching mains every patch...)
    BfA: n/a

I have this thing where I watch Blizzcon and get the feeling this add-on will be a X add-on. WoD had strong Pally Vibes, Legion was Druid. BFA was oh well fuck this druids are convenient.

Vanilla: Warrior
    TBC: Warlock
    Wotlk: Warlock (DK for ICC cause main tank quit)
    Cata: DK
    Mop: Warlock
    WoD: Paladin
    Legion: Druid
    BFA Druid (started leveling my lock this week)

Nope. Been playing the same Holy Priest for the last fifteen years.

Sometimes I'll swap up what alts I focus on.

Vanilla: Warlock (raided all the way up to Naxx)

Switched to Holy Priest in TBC and been playing the same character ever since.

TBC: Priest
    Wrath: Priest
    Cata: Priest
    MoP: Priest
    WoD: Priest
    Legion: Priest
    BFA: Priest
    Next Expansion: Priest
    Last edited by Nauscicaa; 2019-11-01 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I have a tendency to swap my main per expansion. Anyone else do it? Here's my record so far:

Vanilla: N/A (played but not going to pretend I had a main)
    TBC: Hunter (PvP only)
    WOTLK: Paladin
    Cataclysm: Shaman
    MoP: Death Knight
    WoD: N/A
    Legion : N/A
    BFA: Priest

I'm currently all in on classic (Shaman) but will play the new Xpac.

I'm thinking of going full meme-tier with my 9.0 character. Either a Female Pandaran Warrior or Vulperan Warlock. But I do miss my DK and Paladin.
    I don't think I swapped on Alliance. But on the Horde I switched back and forth my frost DK and my feral Druid.

I mained Paladin in Wrath, Paladin in Cata, Monk in Mists followed by Hunter for Siege, Priest in WoD, Paladin/DH in Legion and now DH in BfA. Hoping to go back to my Paladin but I hate having to use Inquisition. Its such a boring ass talent. Might go rogue cause stealth is the shit, though I wish they would buff Subtlety.

I usually play two characters every expansion. (I started the game with BC)

BC -Warrior/Rogue
    Wotlk - DK/Pally
    Cata - DK (Didnt really like this expansion much so quit after firelands)
    MoP - DK/Rogue
    WoD - Rogue/DK
    Legion - Rogue/Druid
    BFA - Rogue/Warrior

Will be swapping to ranged dps while alting a rogue, cuz u know.. rogues.

Vanilla: Lock
    BC: Mage
    WoTLK: Mage/Paladin (Switched for ICC)
    Cata: Mage/Shaman (Switched for Firelands)
    MoP: Shaman/DK (Switched for SoO)
    WoD: DK
    Legion: DK
    BFA: DK
    Next: Probs DK

I usually main cloth, although my first max levels are usually palas or dk's for the mounted speed boost and tanking opportunities.
    In legion I mained a priest, since I really enjoyed holy during that expansion, but the game is the most fun to me as fire mage or destruction lock in random battlegrounds, so that's where I eventually end up.

Vanilla to wrath - lock
    Cata to WoD - mage
    Legion - priest
    BFA - no main

Open Beta of Vanilla: Shaman
    Rest of WoW: Balance Druid since release of WoW

funny, i just posted a thread with the same question

yeah, i usually do

think i will choose the new (hopefully soon announced) class for the next expansion
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I have always had 2-3 mains per xpac that I play equally, but that Died in Legion and totally in BFA I hate leveling. Most of my characters are still level 100. I have not really leveled more than one character per xpac since WOD.

Vanilla- I could not decide, but my Hunter and Rogue were highest around 45 or so
    BC- I finally leveled a Hunter to max and raided T4 and part of T5 then leveled a Druid which I then swapped to
    Wrath- Druid Healed, swapped to DK and he was my jam until they destroyed the class for CATA
    Cata- DK tank because Druid healed and tanked
    MOP- Paladin DPS/ Tank then Priest Disc, and Monk Tank was amazing
    WOD- Didn't really play this expansion because it was pure shit. leveled Pala, Shammy, Hunter, Priest, Druid. But never raided or really did anything.
    Legion- Disc Priest until I realized how they raped it and totally destroyed is after MOP, then swapped to DK DPS until I realized how shit that is without Blood DPS so then I quit
    BFA- Played a Monk Healer for 3 weeks then unsubbed because the game I think is dead for me.

Classic- Been playing a Warlock currently 49 and a Paladin currently lvl 18

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Shadowlands: Dark Ranger

(The joke being that it's not that different.)
    Since you know shadowlands gonna be xpac I oifr wjhio24ej9i8potr2u5tpiw<UMV PO)"Z U%)W<=Q$"UTMG)(24 zutg9ß82 MZU"$879pbm 6u5829V%M/ N()V n7)(Q!"§</NV%P=)Ö7n5z b6t3189pöloq !Q3ö98PO>v 5trun9opö081^"§ECXDM U)O(PLÖM§X$(!°")PÖOLN=V47rnzu bfö9!>Q

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    Since you know shadowlands gonna be xpac I oifr wjhio24ej9i8potr2u5tpiw<UMV PO)"Z U%)W<=Q$"UTMG)(24 zutg9ß82 MZU"$879pbm 6u5829V%M/ N()V n7)(Q!"§</NV%P=)Ö7n5z b6t3189pöloq !Q3ö98PO>v 5trun9opö081^"§ECXDM U)O(PLÖM§X$(!°")PÖOLN=V47rnzu bfö9!>Q
    No, never really looked at it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was like this.

Vanilla: I originally made a Hunter at launch, but switched to a Druid about a week in. Stuck with him throughout the whole classic adventure.

Burning Crusade: Druid, again. For practically the entire expansion until just up to a few months before Wrath.

Wrath: Mage, it started as a alt project in late TBC but I fell in love with the play style and she served me well into ICC.

Cataclysm: For the first few months I focused on my Mage, but switched to my Priest alt at the time for most of it.

MOP: I finally found my "main" class and spec. Shadow Priest.
    |
    WoD: More of the same. Priest spent a lot of time in a garrison.
    |
    Legion: Absolutely, by far my favorite time playing my Priest. But the artifact stories forced me into making a lot of alts.

BFA: We come to today's expansion. I originally was playing my Shadow Priest for the first two months, but became incredibly agitated at the then-state of Shadow. Ended up picking up my Paladin alt as a tank. She is my current main and I plan on rotating between her and my Priest in Shadowlands or whatever comes next.

As for Classic. I'm maining a Priest, checking out old-school Shadow.

I've felt committed to my Blood Elf Paladin since levelling him up in BC, and using him for raiding and achievement hunting in Wrath, though I did level up a bunch of other alts back then. I eventually made a Gnome Mage who I used as my "Alliance main", the one I use for questing and stuff on the Alliance side, but barely played her in recent years. I reached a point where I was pretty much just playing my Paladin, doing the content/achievements that made me feel that I'd "completed" the current expansion.

A couple of months after BFA came out, my game time ran out and I couldn't bring myself to play again, and only came back when Classic came out. While playing Classic, there was something appealing about having that clean slate, and the lack of achievements meant I didn't have the same compulsion to "complete all the things". It left me feeling more free to play different classes, rather than some self-imposed obligation to clear all the content on the one character. It meant I was focusing more on doing what I felt like, rather than a sense of what I "should" be doing.

And since I was subscribed, I had a go on my 'Retail' Mage. I'd been playing a Frost Mage in Classic, and I was getting used to the routine of freezing/chilling enemies and maintaining that distance (I used to play at a time when it was too easy just to stand there and hit stuff until it fell down, while lazily neglecting some of those survival tools). The whole thing about controlling and outmanoeuvring enemies made the experience a bit more fun, and I started to think maybe I just wasn't having fun playing my Paladin (or just the lack of variety in playstyles).

Long story short: I played my Paladin almost exclusively for a long time, but my experience in Classic had enouraged me to open up and play other classes, and I'm leaning towards making my Mage my new "main"...which may change again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    No, never really looked at it that way.
    You know what's good <3