Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I have a tendency to swap my main per expansion. Anyone else do it? Here's my record so far:

Vanilla: N/A (played but not going to pretend I had a main)
    TBC: Hunter (PvP only)
    WOTLK: Paladin
    Cataclysm: Shaman
    MoP: Death Knight
    WoD: N/A
    Legion : N/A
    BFA: Priest

I'm currently all in on classic (Shaman) but will play the new Xpac.

I'm thinking of going full meme-tier with my 9.0 character. Either a Female Pandaran Warrior or Vulperan Warlock. But I do miss my DK and Paladin.
    I do but mostly because cata wrecked my pala so I've been homeless since.

Vanilla : pala
    TBC : pala
    Wotlk: pala
    Cata : quit
    Mop : priest - monk
    Wod: dk - warlock - warrior
    Legion: monk - warrior - dk - dh
    Bfa: hunter - priest - quit - rogue...

I started off a pally in tbc launch but when I get to 70 I got sick of "Heal or tank? DPS lol" instant ignore. So I switched to a lock

Then wrath came with the DKs, and I kinda just fell into it (I was servers third 80, but by the time I hit 80 I had all of the TBC faction mounts from talbuks to netherwings)

Cataclysm was still the DK

MoP I rolled a new server because I went to university and joined the university guild. Ended up rolling a monk instead of paying for an x fer and faction change.

WoD I was really, really casual. Went back to the DK got the legendary ring but thats about it. No rep grinding or anything.

Legion I got back into wow properly. But I managed to convince RL friends to join me. Started off on a new server as a druid. Then we migrated to my old server with old friends and played an SP.

BFA went back in on the SP for the first 3 months then stopped playing.

Shadowlands rolling my DK. I got so much hype from that trailer so seemed only right.

Currently going back through old content on the dk to catch up on reps, mounts etc.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic Beta: Dwarf Warrior
    Classic: Dwarf Warrior
    TBC: Dwarf Warrior, Draenei Paladin
    WOTLK: Dwarf Warrior, Dwarf Deathknight
    CATA: Dwarf Warrior
    MOP: Dwarf Warrior, Undead Priest
    WOD: Dwarf Warrior
    LEGION: Dwarf Warrior, Undead Priest
    BfA: Dwarf Warrior, Undead Hunter
    SL: Dwarf Warrior, ??
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

made a rogue the second day of vanilla. Tried a few other classes the first day. Played it since. Its a curse, because every single time i change from my rogue to a new class. I only last a week at most before im back at the rogue. Just been the asshole ive played since the beginning. I have done everything ive ever done in wow on that char. All achievements, my collection, all raids, reputations. Everything. Just can't get away from it. And i really hate the current playstyle. So im fucked.

So in shadowlands im really going to just go for it and take the leap. Im going to play rogue -.-

Vanilla: Paladin → Mage
    TBC: Mage
    Wrath: Mage → Paladin
    Cata: Paladin
    MoP: -
    WoD: Warlock
    Legion: Priest → Shaman
    BFA: Mage → Shaman

Currently planning on Monk for SL

I usually stick to my enhancement shaman but since bfa didn't implement any real changes for them I switched to survival hunter.

I'm waiting for news concerning the class changes for shadowlands in order to make my mind on which class to main

I have switched mains between few expansions, but I regret it, because I would prefer to have one old main with as much on it as possible. Many reputations, many titles etc. Switching mains means new beginning.

But, since vanilla, it was like

Vanila - Rogue
    TBC - Rogue
    WotLK - Warrior then DK then Druid
    Cata - Druid then switched from Alliance to Horde and started DK
    MoP - Monk then Warrior and little bit of everything
    WoD - At WoD I started noticing how I regreted switching mains, so I created a Hunter and kept him till now, with the switching to mage at the beginning of Legion for a little bit and then back to hunter.

My main list for each expansion:

Vanilla: <haven't played on my own, tried different classes on friend's account just to try how it feels>
    TBC: Druid
    WOTLK: Druid
    Cataclysm: Druid
    MoP: Druid
    WoD: Druid
    Legion: Druid
    BFA: Druid

Classic: Druid

Shadowlands: Druid

I have started my own account during BC, made Druid as first character and played for some time before I created handful of alts. Among the oldest are: Hunter, Paladin and Warlock and Priest. Later, with WotLK I made (obviously) Death Knight which I levelled to 73 before deleting and rerolling to different race. Fun times, no paid race change services so if you wanted new look - only new character was available. Later on I have added Shaman to the list.

During Cataclysm I have finished my collection of classes after adding Warrior, Rogue and Mage. But my Druid was still main character that I experienced expansion with for the first time. This went on during all following expansions - launch day, get back from work, update WoW and log in into main Druid. MoP gave Monks, Legion brought Demon Hunters. But still my main was and is my first Druid.

She is first to enter new world, she is first to experience the story for the first time, she is first to get the best equipment. She is also first to do all the hard work with unlocking stuff (zones, story, flying, etc.). The rest of the alt bunch (currently 18 characters, planing on adding 3-4 more) are always following my Druid's steps.

Shadowlands won't be different - my Druid will be first to ascend.

I enjoy many of my alts and it changes between expansions. WotLK I really loved my Warlock. Cataclysm was Hunter's time, now I have blast with DK. But all of this is long after Druid finished her journey.

So no, I'm not switching mains each expansion. I have one main and this won't change.
    Main is main, no matter what.

i mained warlock in vanila and bc and since wotlk i main DK, with a brief druid main in legion 7.1.5till end

but i do play each class, most since cata, i have alt army

Not always but often... and i always played a holy priest as my side healer main through all expansions.

Vanilla: Feral Druid
    TBC: Fire Mage
    WOTLK: Ele-Shaman
    Cataclysm: Aff-Warlock
    MoP: Destro-Warlock
    WoD: Didn't really play
    Legion: Feral Druid
    BFA: Beast Hunter

5+ Year Old Account
    Only once, when I left my priest from Vanilla gathering dust and went all the way with Mage/Pally in BC. While I have dabbled in warr/DK at times, I always end up returning to the former two <3
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play my Horde Warlock through the expansions first, and get her the reputations and such exalted on her. Once it gets a bit stale I’ll switch to my Priest or Paladin and do BGs etc.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Played a warlock as my main while leveling when I first started playing: that was a week or two after TBC was released. Played the Warlock for a month or two before leveling up a feral druid. After max leveling the druid and helping some friends out as a healer in 5man dungeons, I switched permanently to a resto druid as a main. Been using my resto druid as a main since.... hmmm, probably mid way through TBC.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2019-12-11 at 12:23 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always start any xpac with my warrior. Leveling / playing it. And pretty soon after that i level up more classes and lose track of the char i call my main or even is my "main"

Vanilla: Hunter (MM)
    TBC: Priest (Holy)
    Wrath: DK (whatever dps spec was best, Blood os)
    Cata: DK (whatever dps spec was best, Blood os)
    MoP: DK (whatever dps spec was best, Blood os)
    WoD: Priest (Disc)
    Legion: Priest (Disc)
    BFA: Druid, M+ and world content only (Resto, Balance os)
    Next Xpack -> Whatever will be the best m+ healer

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never swapped my main. Been maining a warrior since Vanilla.

TBC: Human Priest (but only played on level cap for a month or two befote next xpac).
    WotLK: Gnome Warrior -> Belf DK -> Human Priest -> dwarf priest (race changed, cuz humans are boring)
    Cata: Dwarf Shaman
    MoP: Dwarf Shaman
    WoD: Dwarf Shaman
    Legion: Dwarf Shaman
    BFA: Dwarf Shaman
    Shadowlands: Dwarf Shaman
    Whatever comes next: Dwarf Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC: Hunter
    Wotlk: DK
    Cata: DK
    Mop: DK/Hunter
    WoD: Didn't Play
    Legion: Hunter/Druid
    BfA: Rogue

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Never have.

I started playing in late 2005. I did go through a couple of characters in the first month or so before I finally settled on what server I wanted to play on, but my main has been a warrior since the beginning. The same warrior I rolled in late 2005 is still my main today and has been through all expansions.

I tanked in Classic (even though I didn't really want to) because everyone else told me I was supposed to do that as a warrior, and I was too new to the game to argue with them. When BC came out, I switched to fury. My initial plan was going fury "just to make leveling a little easier" then going back to prot once I hit 70, but I had so much fun playing fury that I never looked back. Aside from some time I spent playing arms in MoP, fury has been my main spec since.

Nothing wrong with alt hopping and main swapping, of course (you do you). But it's pretty typical of me to just find something I like and stick with it.

I do, makes it more fun, like rotating a cast of adventurers to experience each new story through fresh eyes (class.) I'm a major alt-holic so that's part of makes WoW fun for me.

Wrath main: Rogue all the way until Fall of the Lich King, but it was my Holy Paladin that got Kingslayer.
    Cataclysm main: Rogue was my first to 85, but this was when my Warlock really started to be played more than my rogue.
    Mists of Pandaria main: Again, rogue was first to 90, but I quickly abandoned him and focused a lot on getting my monk to 90 and retired from raiding.
    WoD main: Skipped, but the two weeks I was playing, I had officially made my Paladin my main.
    Legion main: Holy Paladin.
    BfA: Warlock.

Shadowlands, I'm still undecided who will be my "main" (who I end up getting to max level first and playing with the most but that's half the fun.)