Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not particularly loyal to any of my chars, although do mostly come back to warrior.

Vanilla: Shaman
    Vanilla Oceanic Server release (about a year after original launch iirc?): Ally Warrior
    TBC: Warrior, then horde mage + hunter with RaF boosting.
    WOTLK: Ally rogue, then back to my Warrior.
    Cataclysm: Warrior and mage, but quit 5 months into expansion.
    MoP: No real main for the whole time, played tons of classes, Warrior, rogue, priest, hunter, shaman, lock, mage mostly
    WoD: Mained ally druid, ally hunter#2 (locked xp on my old hunter), ally lock and horde priest mostly, did a lot of alt-ing getting all classes to level cap.
    Legion : original Warrior only, legendary system stopped me alting, quit a year out from BFA.
    BFA: warrior, then a new hm druid and hm hunter. Quit a couple of months out from classic.
    Classic: Ally rogue.

Shadowlands: will probs go warrior, though not sure I'm invested enough to play retail anymore. I'll give it a chance, but my expectations are low.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've mained the same character since BC.

Vanilla: Warlock
    TBC: Warlock
    WotLK: Warlock
    Cata: Warlock
    Mist: Warlock
    WoD: Hunter
    Legion: Demon Hunter
    BfA: Demon Hunter
    Shadowlands: Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Nope been playing elemental shaman from the first day WoW existed.

Vanilla: Elemental Shaman
    TBC: Elemental Shaman
    Wotlk: Elemental Shaman
    Cata: Elemental Shaman
    MoP: Elemental Shaman
    WoD: Elemental Shaman
    Legion: Elemental Shaman
    BfA: Elemental Shaman
    Shadowlands: I'm sure you can guess!

I've mained DK since wotlk, then at the start of BFA I switched to Survival Hunter but ended up switching back to my DK after Uldir because I missed tanking.

Vanilla: Started as Warrior then changed to Rogue
    BC: Started as Rogue then changed to Shaman
    WOTLK: Started as Rogue then changed Shaman then changed to Hunter
    Cata: Started as Hunter then changed to Rogue
    MOP: Rogue
    WOD: Rogue
    Legion: Rogue
    BFA: Started as Warlock changed to Rogue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Pandaren Deathknight?!?!?!?! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post

Pandaren Deathknight?!?!?!?! :P
    Lol damn you guessed it

The only class/spec i played for an extended period of time was Ret Paladin from vanilla to WOTLK. Once they added the holy power systems I started hating it and ever since I've main swapped every xpac.

Hmm, I will always play a new class but I also change mains mid-expansion. Sometimes there's a nerfbat or a class change added in a patch that I just hate, and sometimes there's a cool cosmetic I must have on another class lol. Let's explore...

Vanilla: Warrior to Druid
    BC: Druid the whole expac
    Wrath: Death Knight (still miss frost tanking)
    Cata: ??? Kind of all over in this one
    MOP: Monk to Warlock (green fire!)
    WOD: Warlock to Warrior (full circle back to og)
    Legion: Demon Hunter to Druid (werebear form!)
    BFA: Druid but half-heartedly (all classes suck)
    Shadowlands: TBD during the pre-patch

My Druid is my default character. If I don't know what to play. Then Druid wins. Warlock during MOP was the most fun I've ever had in this game though (casting while moving talent, that brief period where we were given a tank talent, green fire challenge boss).

10+ Year Old Account
    - Vanilla: I guess you could say I mained an undead warrior since that's mostly what I played during this time. Had no idea what I was doing though.
    - BC: Blood elf paladin. Although because of how dreadful their gameplay was I got tired of him around level 64. Then I made a blood elf mage and mained him for the rest of the expansion.
    - WotLK: Went back to Paladin because they made them more fun. Stayed playing him throughout the whole expansion.
    - Cataclysm: Mostly still my paladin. I dabbled in some other classes here and there.
    - MoP: From what I remember I went back to my mage and played majority of the expansion on him. I also remember playing on my newly made orc warrior a lot.
    - WoD: Pretty sure for this one I went back to my Paladin again. At the end though when they started doing the class revamps I discovered my new favorite class which was enhancement shamans. Played on my orc shaman for the remainder of the expansion.
    - Legion: Continued playing on my orc shaman. Got him through the all the main story quests and I started to get burned out. Then I had this sudden urge to play as a human warrior in honor of one of my favorite characters in Warcraft lore, Varian Wrynn. Played the rest of Legion on him.
    - BfA: Went back to my orc shaman and played through the whole expansion on him and geared him up as much as I could. He's the best character I have right now.

As for Shadowlands I plan to keep my orc shaman as my main. If I can get my DK up to 120 before the anniversary event ends which I think I can, I will be going back and forth between the two since Shadowlands' theme seems to favor DKs the most. I like going with characters that fit the theme of each expansion the most.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-12-17 at 11:47 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Vanilla: Warlock
    TBC: Warlock
    WotLK: Warlock
    Cata: Warlock
    Mist: Warlock
    WoD: Hunter
    Legion: Demon Hunter
    BfA: Demon Hunter
    Shadowlands: Demon Hunter
    What made you not be an emo during WoD?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Someone enjoys warming the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Been maining a human shadowpriest since Vanilla. I see absolutely no reason to ever change that.

WotLk till legion: demo lock. RIP. Cause of death: demon hunters.

Legion - dk (blood/frost). Loved the playstyle and theme...hated early balancing for blood and low numbers for frost during the entire expansion.
    Bfa - resto druid till I unsubbed.

Might do shadowlands, probably between dk and resto.

No. I'm attached to things and I'm constant in feelings in real life, and the same carries over to games.

Considering that I can easily see myself playing any given class as I like them pretty much equally lore/rp/archetype wise it all comes down to mechanics. Never really had a "main-main" but rather a rooster of few characters that has grown over the ears/expansions to at least 1 of each class, so I swap from expansion to expansion to whatever I see fun to play at the moment/expansion. That Is that used to be the case... until BfA, where I hated all of them, and even Legion was a strech where there was pretty much one class that felt designed just right (imo ofc).
    And yeah, Can't really see a reason to stick to one character or even class across the expansions where so much changes between each

Vanilla: Did Not Play
    TBC: Paladin Tank
    Wrath: Paladin Tank / Ret
    Cata: Paladin Tank / Ret
    MoP: - Paladin Tank / Ret
    WoD: Warrior Tank / Galdiator
    Legion: Demo Lock - Frost Mage - Disc Priest
    BFA: Disc Priest - Demo Lock - Mage

I only switched once, from a holy pala to priest, at the start of cata. It was when they made all healers have the same basic setup with a cheap, fast and big heal. I though if all healers will be the same, might as well be the best class. Although to be fair, I've played other classes for extended times, but I never considered them my mains.

Yes, and mid expansion swaps too. Not due to fotm but because I get bored and want to swap things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i don't feel i can. Too much effort put into grinding almost all Reputation to exalted. Until they make that account wide i am afraid i will stick to my only main.