Thumbs down Holy Word: Concentration

I can't be the only one who's stood in it, and still have knock backs and kicks affect me, right? Pretty dumb that an important holy priest spell is useless like this.
    change can't wait.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think you may be misinformed as to what HW: C does.
    Blesses the ground with divine light, causing all allies who stand within to be immune to all silence and interrupt effects. Lasts for 8 sec.
    This is the extent of the effect. It does not protect you against knockback or stun effects, for example. There are ways to CC you while you are standing in it, so that is likely what you are experiencing.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post

This is the extent of the effect. It does not protect you against knockback or stun effects, for example. There are ways to CC you while you are standing in it, so that is likely what you are experiencing.
    He said kicks, not stuns. Actually HW:C, like many holy priest spells in PvP, is bugged and does not work vs certain specs/classes. And by knock I think he meant spell pushback, which all equivalent aura mastery spells do protect against.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post

I should've been more specific, I did mean spell interrupts and spell pushback.

For me personally, the spell has been super bugged and only works right sometimes. Sometimes I see the spell give its benefits to casters of the other team standing in concentration. (as in they are immune to silences and interrupts) Other times, I'll be standing in it and still be interrupted by a Shaman's wind shear.

Since posting the thread I did search the official forums to see if others had any similar issues and it seems like some have, with posts going as far back as a year. I wish the spell wasn't bugged as Holy needs all the help it can get in PvP anyway but it is what it is.
    change can't wait.

It's bugged as hell.

Ive been interupted in it dozens of times. First few times I thought I was screwing up so I started watching closely to make sure I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's bugged as hell.

Ive been interupted in it dozens of times. First few times I thought I was screwing up so I started watching closely to make sure I wasn't.
    The problem with HW: Concentration is that it's heavily affected by the z-axis.

If you cast this in flat environemnt (most arenas maps), there wont be any issues. If you cast this in Arathi Basin (during rated bg's) you often have to move slightly to match the EXACT height of the aura. Because of this I take Ray of Hope in rbg's, there's too mjuch "terrain noise" to make HW Con reliable.

Also, even in area, I've casted HW COn on a ledge BEHIND my character more than once due to camera angle. ...
    Annoying as hell.

---------------
    That being said, the OLD holy concentration (20 seconds of 70% kick reduction) was far superior. I'm quite sure a PvP Dev who illegally codes KICK BOTs pushed for the new version of HW Con, since the old version was a DIRECT COUNTER to modern kick bots.

3+ Year Old Account
    does holyyyy preast rules?