Poll: How dissapointing was the blizzcon trailer for you?

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm kinda hyped for the shadowlands , just don't quite like how it was delivered . Sorta wanted blizz to take a break with sylvanas after she fled orgrimmar , but it seems like we 'll be chasing her down in this new plane of reality or whatever this is , sorta makes me wonder what her bfa strategy before saurfang duel was with the war and everything when it seems she is powerful enough to go kill nzoth death and titans on her own .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I was hyped until Bolvar was fucked over to prop up Sylvanas. Man fuck that shit.
    Yeah, what a joke. Sylvanas strolls in and fucks him up like it's nothing, poor... Cinematic team, hell of a job, though. Shame the content sucked.

Can't really say before the panel at 22:30, but atm I'm really skeptical. I set my expectations too high after a meh expansion lasting nearly 2 years. Personally I was really hoping for a world revamp establishing a bunch of new story, which would be perfect during peace times. The story just keeps going and going even though there shouldn't be much more to reach after Legion and now N'Zoth. Starting over in a way could feel good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

None of your answers. My answer is, "Very disappointed, because they inexplicably retconned a piece of shit nobody like Sylvanas into an untouchable god of the entire universe overnight. That bitch should have been permanently destroyed at the end of BfA."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishcraft0 View Post
    How can you say that based on your opinion? Are you a licensed critic? doubt.
    Everyone's a critic. Why is this new child?
    @Thread.. I'm not really looking forward to it. Beyond the insane level squish which won't do anything to make levels easier the zones look rather bland & I don't really see how the story could be any good as they're retconning so much of it.

I rolled my eyes when Sylvanas started narrating the cinematic. I can't wait for that character to be gone forever.

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot be disappointed as I have no idea what's in store for us.
    We've only seen the reveal trailer, I'm pretty sure we'll get more info in the panels to come and that's when I'll make up my mind

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss the answer:"Meh."

Honestly I'm very skeptical, won't pre-order, and I won't consider giving it a shot unless the classes gameplay is really solid and fun. Oh and also, if gearing ends up being several layers of RNG? Just like it is now in BfA? Then I'm not having it, how good it otherwise might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Or you could just not be a hypocrite.
    Let me ask you something. If you had a choice and only one, between killing an innocent man and a criminal, which one would you choose?
    Maybe my example is not so good tho, but you can't say positive thoughts of hyped people on these forums are BAD and should be countered the same as the constant flow of posts we had about "this company doing everything wrong" or pointing at activision based on personal opinions, and other examples like that. It just feels odd.
    If for you hype and constant s*it spreading are relatively the same, idk what to say.
    Hype it's something normal on occasions like this.Spreading trash about a company because you are not happy with what they presented just doesn't feel normal.
    We could argue all night long, but at the end of it we will clearly still have different opinions.
    So I'm out, good night.
    #nohate.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    As always, cinematics were on point.
    However, the story / premise of fighting an evil mastermind that is in the death realm... doesnt make any sense to me.
    Seems like a solid story-line to me. I mean it's no S1 Game of Thrones or whatever, but it seems cool nonetheless (to me ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I don't think you know what that means.

She was the innocent victim of Arthas just trying to survive and protect the Forsaken, to big power hungry quickly overpowered for no reason villain.

I guess at least she isn't trying to save the world. But otherwise it's the same bs.
    I am genuinely curious how that makes her a "Mary Sue"?

Characters can change. Her staying as the innocent victim would be boring, no? Also, it's not that there's "no reason". The reason is just not revealed to us. And I can understand if you hate that style of storytelling, but the story for her definitely hasn't been "Okay guess i'll power up now".

If anything I wish they put the book/comic material into the game so much story material wouldn't be missed by the general population.

hahaha best expansion ever?? LOL it looks like the worst imo

Can't vote on poll as no option fits me. So far I'm waiting for the WOW panel that starts in 15 mins and I'm being cautiously optimistic - so far no AP grind was announced, and the new "covenants" could stir up the stale faction divide if they decide to go for it.

Visually it looks amazing, but so did WOD and look where that went. Tbh I like the zone variety because since the Shadowlands leak I was afraid of boring doom and gloom everywhere and seems we're getting something akin to Vampire Land / Argus / Valsharah / Plaguelands, and then there's the dark zone where Sylvanas went (Maw).

But yeah, I'm worried about consequences of both level squish (every squish so far was buggy as hell) and the Covenant choice - I don't want a repeat of Legion situation where you "commit" to a spec and then get shunned by guilds and groups because apparently you can have a choice and then be told you chose wrongly. I really don't wanna hear "oh you chose Vampires cuz they're cool? too bad their Covenant spells suck, we'd rather recruit a player who aligned with the Necromancers instead".

I've been shunned in the past for the choice of my race (rarely) and class / spec (commonly), and the worst part was the faction problem, playing Alliance in EU region just feels hopeless. So if they don't address that, doesn't matter how pretty, cool and interesting the expansion is. If the theme of expansion is "you have a choice" and I can't even stick to my class / spec / race / faction and find groups / guild, then WOW has died for me.

Shadowlands has the potential to be the joint best expac ever together with WoD. I'm so fucking hyped right now. Hail Ion!

From people trying out the demo its already proven that there is alot of changes they havent told us about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklurker View Post
    I rolled my eyes when Sylvanas started narrating the cinematic. I can't wait for that character to be gone forever.
    It's funny because we actually had a leak saying that she narrates the cinematic, can't find it tho

Wow those are some unbiased titles and options.

Don't know enough but it certainly looks gorgeous and could be great
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Seems like a solid story-line to me. I mean it's no S1 Game of Thrones or whatever, but it seems cool nonetheless (to me ofc).

I am genuinely curious how that makes her a "Mary Sue"?

Characters can change. Her staying as the innocent victim would be boring, no? Also, it's not that there's "no reason". The reason is just not revealed to us. And I can understand if you hate that style of storytelling, but the story for her definitely hasn't been "Okay guess i'll power up now".

If anything I wish they put the book/comic material into the game so much story material wouldn't be missed by the general population.
    I think the part where she became overpowered for no reason.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    some of zones are amazing, the plot is interesting, covenant system looks exciting but here goes disbalance and an illusion of choices. No class? kind of a let down

"From a cinematic and a zone overview trailer, I know everything about the next expansion."
    - Every naysayer

Also something about new races and new classes being a must is laughable. We just came from an expansion that gave 10 new races, with only 6 being reskins, and many broken prior classes. I'd rather they fix the gameplay from the BFA mess into something fun again, instead of using up resources making yet another broken class.

I'm glad Bolvar didn't turn evil and I'm glad he wasn't possessed by a magical fragment of Arthas/Ner'zhul when its already stated they are completely gone. But I wish he didn't get that new armor and get stomped so easily. I am also disappointed with the mount/pet and armor and the fact there is seemingly no new classes or races(I bet we will get some more allied races).

But other then that I think I'm ok with everything I've seen sofar.