Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar looked like he was about to cry as Sylvanas broke his magical hockeymask.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Bolvar looked like he was about to cry as Sylvanas broke his magical hockeymask.
    Well that is like getting fired from the company you have owned for 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    So the Lich King was created to control the Scourge by the Burning Legion, yet somehow is the jailer/gatekeeper to the afterlife? Who's role was that before the Lich King? Their lore breaking has come back to bite them in the ass.
    Maybe there always was but his soul was in the shadowlands... Along come legion want this power here's deaths chance to get immense power on the outside till 1 day it's broken. Why there must always be a lich king now or this happens

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Naw I think it's after. He's still alive and a high level death knight, he just can't remote control undead anymore. Scourge are probably rampaging across Northrend right now killing everything in their path. Yaaaay Sylvanas!
    Bolvar is not a deathknight he was the lich king, arthas only became a deathknight because of frostmourne, putting on the helmet does not turn you into a deathknight.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Guess the undead horde is going to destroy everything then
    retconned lore :\

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Bolvar is not a deathknight he was the lich king, arthas only became a deathknight because of frostmourne, putting on the helmet does not turn you into a deathknight.
    and Bolvar resisted being turned by Arthas into a DK, unlike Dranosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well, this was probably why there had to be one.

To keep the sky from breaking.

This whole thing is why it's bad for there to not be one, keep up.
    Doesn’t make any sense. Lich King was created by the Burning Legion. There was no implication that there’s a greater Death connection aside from being able to use necromancy extremely well.

That quote has always been about dominating the undead. With no intellect behind them the undead would just create a zombie apocalypse. Now it’s about creating a path to the afterlife?

Yeah okay.

The new team is literally breaking and tearing apart all the old wow lore

nothing is sacred to then

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Doesn’t make any sense. Lich King was created by the Burning Legion. There was no implication that there’s a greater Death connection aside from being able to use necromancy extremely well.

That quote has always been about dominating the undead. With no intellect behind them the undead would just create a zombie apocalypse. Now it’s about creating a path to the afterlife?

Yeah okay.
    Yup, makes no sense. They just can't help breaking the lore and the continuity for the their silly rule of cool. I knew that "There must always be a Lich King" was going to bite them in the ass. Made no sense then, made no sense now.

Could be scourge will be ravaging the world, while we try to fix shit in shadowlands, maybe time floes differently there or something

5+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't "Lich King" made when Kil'jaeden decided it was enough to abuse Ner'zhul in the Twisting Nether, so he decided to cast him into the "frozen roof of the world" and use him as a pawn to weaken the world's inhabitants, so Burning Legion could conquer Azeroth easier?

With all this they did for this expansion, they kind of killed whole immersion between keeping "undead at bay" and ultimate power of Necromancy. Who was the Lich King before Ner'zhul tho, and on top of that, what is the line of succession on that matter? Did Ner'zhul just stomp the old Lich King when he landed in ice on top of the Frozen Throne, and thus became a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't "Lich King" made when Kil'jaeden decided it was enough to abuse Ner'zhul in the Twisting Nether, so he decided to cast him into the "frozen roof of the world" and use him as a pawn to weaken the world's inhabitants, so Burning Legion could conquer Azeroth easier?

With all this they did for this expansion, they kind of killed whole immersion between keeping "undead at bay" and ultimate power of Necromancy. Who was the Lich King before Ner'zhul tho, and on top of that, what is the line of succession on that matter? Did Ner'zhul just stomp the old Lich King when he landed in ice on top of the Frozen Throne, and thus became a new one?
    Shhhh, don't question it. Just go with it cuz it's cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shhhh, don't question it. Just go with it cuz it's cool.
    Visual effects are nice tho, right?

Visual effects are nice tho, right?
    The only ones not slacking are the art team, props to them.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only ones not slacking are the art team, props to them.
    Can't argue there, cheers. In fact, from my point of view, they almost always surpassed the "expectations bar" set by community.

"The veil wanes. His crown will open the way."

N'zoth
    S.H.

Can't argue there, cheers. In fact, from my point of view, they almost always surpassed the "expectations bar" set by community.
    Here's hoping that the What's Next panel get's me more hyped. Nothing about what I've seen is hyping me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well, this was probably why there had to be one.

To keep the sky from breaking.

This whole thing is why it's bad for there to not be one, keep up.
    So did Blizzard just retcon all lore from before Ner'zhul was cast to Azeroth by Kil'jaeden? Because without the Lich King, there was no barrier between the worlds, so War of the Ancients had to look completely different, huh. Also there's nothing in WoW ingame books and no NPCs are talking about that meteor that crashed in Northend which caused the eternal rift between the worlds to close. lmao

So the Lich King was created to control the Scourge by the Burning Legion, yet somehow is the jailer/gatekeeper to the afterlife? Who's role was that before the Lich King? Their lore breaking has come back to bite them in the ass.
    I wonder this too. I'm sure they'll try to explain it somehow, but indeed it's a very obvious hole in the plot.

My thoughts exactly.