Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaD009 View Post
    I never quite understood what Arthas was supposed to do? The people of Stratholme were infected, and literally as soon as Arthas enters the city they start turning into undead. There was no cure to the sickness. Does it really matter if he waited an extra ten seconds before the people turned from human into undead before killing them?
    Not before the people turned into undead, but before Mal'Ganis could command them as an undead army.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Arthas was an evil bastard by choice. No mind control. And has the second biggest body count next to the burning legion. Also, mass raising undead steals souls from the shadowlands. Sylvanas went into the Maw for much less. Why do you think Arthas deserves better?
    He wasn't evil at all, maybe an arrogant bastard, though.

He got played and corrupted.

He probably does not really deserve the maw as he was hardly himself, when he became finally a DK and killed his own father and king. There is no way he would do this uncorrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

He probably does not really deserve the maw as he was hardly himself, when he became finally a DK and killed his own father and king. There is no way he would do this uncorrupted.
    He got played, but he never got corrupted. He did all he did willingly.

She saw only darkness.

And then she felt—truly felt, for the first time in a long while. She recoiled. In agony.

Here she was, her spirit once again feeling whole, only to feel it suffer. To feel once more, only to feel abject pain. Cold. Hopelessness.

Fear.

There were others in the darkness. Things she didn't recognize, because nothing so terrible could exist in the world of the living. Claws tore at her, but she had no mouth with which to scream. Eyes looked at her, but she couldn't look back.

Regret.

She sensed a familiar presence. Recognized it. The taunting voice that had once held her in its grasp. Arthas? Arthas Menethil? Here? His essence rushed to her, desperate, then shrank away in horrified recognition. The boy who would be Lich King. Just a scared little blond child, reaping the aftermath of a lifetime of mistakes. If any part of Sylvanas's soul were not at that moment torn and tormented, she might have even felt—for the first time—the slightest glimmer of pity for him.

In the grand landscape of all the world's suffering and all the evils of the infinite, the Lich King was… insignificant.

Now the others had her. Surrounded her. Gleeful, tormenting, tearing at her consciousness, delighting in her suffering.

Horror.

This was to be her eternity: the endless void, the dark, unknown realm of anguish.
    Arthas is in the Maw. Sylvanas saw him there.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

10+ Year Old Account
    He's probably stuck in the Maw. I doubt we get much else from him IF we even see him. I feel like they have to show him in some capacity but who knows. They have left way more obvious plot points on the table before. It wouldn't shock me if they totally ignore Arthas here.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He got played, but he never got corrupted. He did all he did willingly.
    Frostmourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Arthas is in the Maw because Sylvanas saw him there in the Edge of Night.
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure he'll be there as either Mathias Lehner or himself.

What if Arthas helps us take Sylvanas down in a fight, or end fighting her for eternity?

Frostmourne?
    He also picked up Frostmourne willingly despite knowing that it was dangerous.

Whattabaout Broxigar ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    It would be nice to see a redeemed Arthas there as a king of the Kyrians or something. They have a cool aesthetic that reminds me of the Paladin look.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._KelvinTan.jpg

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ChrisChang.jpg
    Old and new LK first meeting coming up!! *So Bolvar..how's it feel to be the LK? Sadly you suck compared to what i used to be..but hey. That's how it is.* new/old LK bromance?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Whattabaout Broxigar ?
    considering he died on argus, his soul probably got used to fuel some kind of fel device until nothing was left of it.

so, in other words, he's probably completely destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He also picked up Frostmourne willingly despite knowing that it was dangerous.
    But he still got played to take up frostmourne, he did not know all the details about its curse and needed desperately to stop Mal'Ganis.

He is not the bad guy people want make him out to be, he made some hard decisions, because of the circumstances and pressure he had.

Kel'thuzad, on the other side.....

"The Culling of Stratholme"

He's flying around in the Maw that Sylvanas is so afraid of yet somehow ended up making a deal with the person who runs it to get him more souls and make sure the maw takes over all of the Shadowlands... so... yeah. Doesn't really make sense from what we know so far I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    He's flying around in the Maw that Sylvanas is so afraid of yet somehow ended up making a deal with the person who runs it to get him more souls and make sure the maw takes over all of the Shadowlands... so... yeah. Doesn't really make sense from what we know so far I guess.
    I mean if he's really just flying around how would we even see him?

I'll see myself out.

I agree, he always felt he was doing what was right for his people and kingdom, until the point that he grabbed Frostmorne.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Why does Arthas get thrown into the Maw, when he was corrupted by an evil, Nathrezim sword, but Kael'thas, who summoned Kil'jaeden to destroy Azeroth, gets a second chance?
    Culling of stratholme says hi, he was damned way before he even took the sword, also he was kind of an asshole and you have to remember that he was warned against picking up frostmourne yet he did it anyway only because he wanted power.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    "The Culling of Stratholme"
    ...was completely justified. There, finished your sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    ...was completely justified. There, finished your sentence.
    The only one in game who believes it was justified was Arthas himself. The game, and lore, is quite specific in letting you know that this is a pivotal turning point in his character arc which sets him on a path of irredeemable vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The only one in game who believes it was justified was Arthas himself. The game, and lore, is quite specific in letting you know that this is a pivotal turning point in his character arc which sets him on a path of irredeemable vengeance
    Sure, but he did nothing wrong there. These people were allready dead they turned to undead and nothing could prevent that.

But by slaying them before they turn undead, Arthas denied Mal'Ganis his army THIS was made very clear in the game as well, did you miss this?

This was further clearly shown in the murder of the King and his father, he came to Lordaeron to celebrate the victory in the north, but as a death knight, not beeing himself anymore, his mind twisted by frostmourne and the LK Ner'zhul whispers, all he did was to murder his own father and bring ruin to this own kingdom.

he did some questionable things before he got turned by frostmourne, but he still did it for the greater good, in a "
    the end justifies the means" way. And while it looks like madness for the sensitive, its still not strictly evil.

In a worst case scenario Arthas is a grey antihero fighting for the survival of his people.

Not really someone who deserves the maw, but rather someone who got cursed and damned by an obscure underworld sword and dragged into the maw.

But he still got played to take up frostmourne, he did not know all the details about its curse and needed desperately to stop Mal'Ganis.
    Wanted desperately. Not needed. He knew it was dangerous and that he didn't have full information on what it would do, and that taking it up would likely kill somebody. He still took it without much hesitation.