Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Arthas has to be in the Shadowlands

It would be nice to see a redeemed Arthas there as a king of the Kyrians or something. They have a cool aesthetic that reminds me of the Paladin look.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._KelvinTan.jpg

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ChrisChang.jpg
    Last edited by The Betrayer; 2019-11-01 at 09:08 PM.

Bet we get a cameo at the top of that tower

He would have gotten chucked into the Maw with the rest of the evil bastards.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Pretty much this ^ If we see him, it's going to be in there. I wonder if he'll be a raid boss or something... Hopefully not, though.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

Why does Arthas get thrown into the Maw, when he was corrupted by an evil, Nathrezim sword, but Kael'thas, who summoned Kil'jaeden to destroy Azeroth, gets a second chance?

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Why does Arthas get thrown into the Maw, when he was corrupted by an evil, Nathrezim sword, but Kael'thas, who summoned Kil'jaeden to destroy Azeroth, gets a second chance?
    You mean undead Legion controlled Kael'thas summoned Kil'jaeden.

The shadowlands probably hates Arthas for taking their well earned souls. Hence why this bolvar thing just happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure where he'd end up. Not Bastion, because he chose his path. But the majority of his truly evil deeds were done under the influence of frostmourne and the armor. It's never really laid out if his corruption was complete or if he was a puppet. The novel seems to point to him being fully corrupted. He banishes both the spirit of Ner'zhul and his noble self before he awakens at the beginning of Wrath. So everything he did after that would seem to be his choice. And Bolvar doesn't appear to have the voice of anyone in his head after wearing the crown. But Arthas' final words are almost like someone gaining control of themselves again after the sword breaks. It will be interesting to see if they delve into it.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

From what i gathered the maw is not just where the super evil go but for those who could cause alot of trouble in the shadowlands with their power. Arthas would likely be able to cause alot of issues being the former LK in the shadowlands. Kael'thas not so much.

It would be nice to see a redeemed Arthas there as a king of the Kyrians or something. They have a cool aesthetic that reminds me of the Paladin look.
    Are you high or did you just miss the whole idea behind kyrians?
    Arthas was a spoiled brat with a high self-image... even in his times as a paladin/prince.

If any of the convenants would take him in it would be the vampires who also took in Kael'Thas. They already stated this is not where a soul would want to go; so i guess Kael'Thas and his buddies won't be having a good time overthere...

He caused way too much trouble and imbalance for the fae to take him.
    He abused the necrolords during his career as Lich King, thus they'd probably execute him on sight.
    He was pretty much the embodyment of everything the Kyrians are against, so there goes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Are you high or did you just miss the whole idea behind kyrians?
    Arthas was a spoiled brat with a high self-image... even in his times as a paladin/prince.

If any of the convenants would take him in it would be the vampires who also took in Kael'Thas. They already stated this is not where a soul would want to go; so i guess Kael'Thas and his buddies won't be having a good time overthere...

He caused way too much trouble and imbalance for the fae to take him.
    He abused the necrolords during his career as Lich King, thus they'd probably execute him on sight.
    He was pretty much the embodyment of everything the Kyrians are against, so there goes that.
    Once souls have been redeemed in Revendreth they move on to other zones, wherever they fit in best.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    Pretty much this ^ If we see him, it's going to be in there. I wonder if he'll be a raid boss or something... Hopefully not, though.
    If he is, Sylvanas will just walk in and waft a wet fart in his direction, killing him instantly.

10+ Year Old Account

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._KelvinTan.jpg

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ChrisChang.jpg
    If Arthas was there, he would be no king but a mere wreck of his past.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

along with my ex wife...she was a mean and cunning woman.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Once souls have been redeemed in Revendreth they move on to other zones, wherever they fit in best.
    Well if Kael'thas hasn't yet been redeemed then there's no chance Arthas has finished the process yet.
    If one, he would fit into the necrolords... and we all know they wouldn't take him...
    So the maw it is.

Well if Kael'thas hasn't yet been redeemed then there's no chance Arthas has finished the process yet.
    If one, he would fit into the necrolords... and we all know they wouldn't take him...
    So the maw it is.
    Whether he is in the Maw or in Revendreth depends on the Arbiter.

If Sylvanas' short story is still true, then he is in a dark place, which would suggest the Maw.

Well if you can redeem Illidan you can redeem Arthas.

I can see no better ending for Shadowlands than Arthas reforging the Helm of Domination,becoming the Lich King again and crushing Sylvanas in a "Bolvar was no Lich King. You face the REAL Lich King now bitch" scene mostly because Blizzard is intentionally making Silvy into an annoying character and a rather big portion of the community will be very happy so see his pale ass spanked as last.

Not a prediction. A desire.

So the maw it is.
    Not necessarily true. Not everyone is redeemed at the same rate. It's possible he could be redeemed by now, not saying he is, while Kael'thas still hasn't been. Some people won't change and stay the way they are which would mean longer time to redeem. Some people do want to change and will do so and be redeemed quicker. So just because Kael'thas isn't doesn't mean we should rule out Arthas possibly being redeemed.

Oh man I'm hyped for some Arthas and Jaina interaction now.

He'll be in the Maw for sure. But if we get to interact with him at all is a big unknown at this point. I highly doubt they will pursue a redemption arc for Arthas in Shadowlands.