Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    LMAo wow. Sylvie is not turning good . Thats just not gonna happen, they have ruined that chance and the Horde doing so . As for class changes? They havenot hinted that they will be fixed. Everything is the typical PR bullshit they spin before every Expansion. Anyone with half a brain would be very skeptical of anything they said. These are the same devs that ruined Azshara, Ny'alotha and the old gods to a mere patch . And then we have the clusterfuck of the corrupted gear.

    If you are a slyvie fanboy and you think they will give her a redeemed story arc, then that would make Shadowlands The absolute worst fucking garabge they have ever spewed out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    WTF are you talking about, I have seen DHS all over the place , and the few friends i have left that play all play a DH
    Guess I was right not wanting to respond , Fuck your whore mother and good day sir

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    WTF are you talking about, I have seen DHS all over the place , and the few friends i have left that play all play a DH
    I am a dh myself, but the point still stands, the amount of people that tried dh cause "its the expansion hook" vs the people that are still dh today, its just all empty hype, "blizz give me a new class to try and drop in 5 days".

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikaidoboss View Post
    Guess I was right not wanting to respond , Fuck your whore mother and good day sir
    Yikes you have some serious anger issues. Are you ok?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    I am a dh myself, but the point still stands, the amount of people that tried dh cause "its the expansion hook" vs the people that are still dh today, its just all empty hype, "blizz give me a new class to try and drop in 5 days".
    Dude, you cant go any where with out seeing DH all over the damn place. They have to be one of the most played classes out there
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Dude, you cant go any where with out seeing DH all over the damn place. They have to be one of the most played classes out there
    And monks? where are they? dh has a high population but again the point still stands, people that tried dh on legion vs people that are dh today? people that tried monk on mop vs people that are monks today? most people complain about "unfinished" or "rushed" expansion just cause no new class when most likely they wont even play it, its retarded.

  5. #225
    I am Murloc! Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,908
    The main things I'm curious about from their wording is if they FINALLY figured out a good way to do alternate advancement and get rid of having to raise the level cap each expansion. That and the tower, which could provide interesting solo/small group content if you don't want to do M+ or raid or pvp. It sounds like Diablo's Rift concept, but that in and of itself isn't bad.

    I'm not super excited, but most of it sounds good.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    And monks? where are they? dh has a high population but again the point still stands, people that tried dh on legion vs people that are dh today? people that tried monk on mop vs people that are monks today? most people complain about "unfinished" or "rushed" expansion just cause no new class when most likely they wont even play it, its retarded.
    Monks were never that popular, but what about DK's? The point is new classes help sell the game because people get bored playing the same thing. Just because Monks are not as heavily represented is not a inidcation that people dont play new classes
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  7. #227
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,496
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    why do people want new classes?
    - because there are things in warcraft lore that people want to play as. see death knight, brewmaster, or demon hunter for examples. ever played one of those? maybe someone wants to play as a necromancer, a dark ranger, a spellbreaker, or a tinker. who are you to tell them they shouldn’t want that?
    - because the purpose of an expansion is to add new things to the game.
    - because adding a new class and updating existing classes aren’t mutually exclusive (in fact they have already done this multiple times, see literally every expansion where they’ve added new classes). one doesn’t take away from the other.

    when you say silly, dismissive things like “I don't understand the fascination people here have with new classes. Do you people swap mains every time a new class is released?” it’s hard to believe you’re arguing in good faith. sounds more like you got what you want and you don’t care that someone else didn’t.
    So if you are so sure I am arguing in bad faith and don't care why waste your own time typing me a small novel just to defend an opinion you are already convinced I don't care about?

    People grandstanding with "lol no new class what a lazy expac" and basically looking for any excuse to spread negativity are whom I am referring to with my obvious rhetorical questions
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2019-11-02 at 01:50 PM.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    how exactly does one of the three new classes (and not even the most recent one) being poorly received lead to “they shouldn’t introduce any new classes?”
    It leads to having no new class doesnt make or break an expansion, which is what people complain about, and thats the retarded part "no new class? hurr durr this expansion sucks HUEHUEHUE".

  9. #229
    Whose motorcycle is this?
    It's a chopper baby.
    Whose chopper is this?
    It's Zed's.
    Who's Zed?
    Zed's dead baby,
    Zed's dead.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You did everything but answer my question lol. And a new class gives a different class to play with? Well ya don't say! Haha
    You asked why people would want a new class, I gave you three reasons, off the top of my head.

    Srsly tho the 'meta shakeup' can be achieved just as well, if not better, by not adding a class and readjusting existing class and specs.
    I never said it's the only way, but it is the most efficient way of changing the meta. Because a new class brings new mechanics and one more class one may have to keep in mind when going into PvP.

    Adjusting existing classes and specs do not "shake up the meta" anywhere near like a new class can, unless the existing classes/specs are heavily modified, like it happened to the hunter class' Survival spec, and it has to happen to more than just one class and one spec.

    The only way a new class shakes up the meta is by flooding it with the new class in the first few months before the 'shinyness' wears off then we're right back where we started with crappy classes and boring platstyles. I'd rather they shake up the meta by actually shaking it and redoing existing classes.
    Nah. Once a class is introduced, you can't go back to the "way we started with crappy classes and boring playstyles", because we still have the new class. You're assuming the new class wouldn't play any different and bring anything new to the table.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    - because adding a new class and updating existing classes aren’t mutually exclusive (in fact they have already done this multiple times, see literally every expansion where they’ve added new classes). one doesn’t take away from the other.
    I mean... it's like he doesn't know the Legion expansion exists, or something...
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  11. #231
    Dreadlord Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    913
    i left retail at BFA. i came back for classic. been having fun with it for the forst time in a while. shadowlands may actually have me log my retail toons in for teh forst time since bfa prepatch
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  12. #232
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You asked why people would want a new class, I gave you three reasons, off the top of my head.


    I never said it's the only way, but it is the most efficient way of changing the meta. ...
    One way to shake up the meta? Sure.
    The most efficient? It's closer to the most inefficient. If your watch is broken you don't fix it by adding more cogs to it's guts you fix the already existing cogs first.

  13. #233
    not hyped at all just the opposite
    i just unsubed for me lvl - squish = absolute no go
    gl everyone else this game is ended for me

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    One way to shake up the meta? Sure.
    The most efficient? It's closer to the most inefficient. If your watch is broken you don't fix it by adding more cogs to it's guts you fix the already existing cogs first.
    Yeah, faulty analogy, sorry.

    Funny how you cut off the rest of my post that does exactly that: show how your analogy is faulty.

    A more fitting analogy is a restaurant's menu: you make it more interesting to attract more clients advertising new choices added to your menu, not by saying some of the existing choices have more seasoning while others now has less seasoning.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  15. #235
    Sorry but no, this xpac is quite pathetic.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Anyone else is hyped for Shadowlands?

    Just finished watching wow panel and I can't wait to hear about it more. Why so much negativity?
    Are you a Blizzard employee responsible for the hype?

  17. #237
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,496
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    and once again you resort to mockery and dodge the actual substance of the argument. I’ll repost them again to give you another chance to respond.

    why do people want new classes?
    - because there are things in warcraft lore that people want to play as. see death knight, brewmaster, or demon hunter for examples. ever played one of those? maybe someone wants to play as a necromancer, a dark ranger, a spellbreaker, or a tinker. who are you to tell them they shouldn’t want that?
    - because the purpose of an expansion is to add new things to the game.
    - because adding a new class and updating existing classes aren’t mutually exclusive (in fact they have already done this multiple times, see literally every expansion where they’ve added new classes). one doesn’t take away from the other.

    “people will look for any excuse to complain” is such a lazy cop out. you can say it any time someone has criticism of anything and it doesn’t require you to engage with what they’re actually saying.
    EDIT: have a nice day
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2019-11-02 at 02:22 PM.

  18. #238
    Really love the leveling changes!

    Really love the specific paths to gear changes (No more hoping for perfect TF drops)

    Really love the changes for catch-up mechanincs for alts.

    Really love the idea of new legendaries - but done in a better way.

    Really love the lack of AP grind.

    Hoping for a change to factions and a new class - then this sounds like a perfect expansion.

  19. #239
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, faulty analogy, sorry.

    Funny how you cut off the rest of my post that does exactly that: show how your analogy is faulty.

    A more fitting analogy is a restaurant's menu: you make it more interesting to attract more clients advertising new choices added to your menu, not by saying some of the existing choices have more seasoning while others now has less seasoning.
    Im too far in this rabbit hole already I honestly don't care to argue about this at all I was only making a snarky comment to those absurdly negative posters who love to grandstand over every little detail on how Blizz is horrible all the time.

    But since I can't resist turning an analogy around on somebody with your own example of the menu it would be more like if a restaurant had absolutely shitty food with hairs and rat shit in the food, but instead of fixing and cleaning up the food in their menu they think if they just add more options it will fix itself.

    But I say again, I really don't give a rats ass (see what I did there?) to continue to argue to agree to disagree?

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Actually when I run out of things to do I go play other games or level an alt.

    In fact, this expansion will allow me to play alts again. Marvellous.

    - - - Updated - - -



    But they have said it will not be a grind in the sense of how AP currently has been. I suspect it will not be the onerous experience we currently have.
    I will never understand how or why Blizzard caters towards cabdrivers like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •