Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want Affliction to be good in M+, this is the only thing I want. I think with MoP Soul Swap this could be achieved, no?

Sac, move dmg out of infernal & havoc, and more variance in talents

I genuinely like what they did with demo in BfA, and destruction has gone in a direction I really don't care for at all; I don't really have wishes for either of those specs.

Affliction though, is a travesty. Highest up on my wishlist for affliction is the deletion and full removal of Darkglare; no salvaging it through talents just delete and forget. That skill should never have been approved by whoever was in charge of class design.

I was never a big fan of the reaping mechanic in Legion, but my god was it better. Imo the devs should have a meeting with a few people that played affliction during Legion and remember every nook and cranny of it (PvP too!!), and just try to return the spec to exactly how it played then. Take that as a starting point for future design, not the bleak joke that is BfA's affliction.

No return of curses...

Yup Destro needs more mobility, less dmg in the infernal window, removal of GoSuP and some new baseline abilities especially with losing VoP and CC one of the few things I actually find fun about the spec.

I love Demo and I'm pretty happy with it's m+ niche but I would like an interrupt. Otherwise it probably should be our ST spec but I really hope they leave the gameplay alone. Going to miss EP/BI for sure.

For Affy some AoE/cleave would be nice and a bit more of a return to multidotting rather than the tunnel thing we have going at the moment. Hope ID stays too and that they don't cut down our overall abilities too much.

Oh and edited to add give us back Burning Rush and Circle!
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2019-11-05 at 11:34 AM.

I'm surprised people want Cata affli, considering it had rather large structural weaknesses, namely neutered dot damage because it was so easy to spread them (Hello Soul Swap) and over-reliance on SB spam. It worked fine in Dragon Soul, but if cata had harder encounters or any kind or relevant 5man content, I doubt affli would perform well there.

I think a mix of Legion and MoP affli would be ideal, it striked a nice balance between ST and MT and was generally pleasant to play.

More on topic, I remain unconvinced by what was shown and said at blizzcon.
    How quaint of them to bring back curses, ritual of doom and focusing back on "class identity". But that's completely irrelevant to what people asked.
    It's actually getting me worried, because they can't ignore the complaints, yet they made ZERO verbal commitment to actually redesigning the specs.
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2019-11-05 at 11:57 AM.

Demo: let us summon 2 demons or let felguard steal other demon powers so we can interupt or purge or cc regularly.
    Remove implosion. Give us demonwrath and the legion version of doom back. Make soul strike baseline to inprove overall mobility. Remove some dps from tyrant and beef up shadowbolt/demonbolt so we are less reliant on one ability to do all our damage.

Aims: reasonable in all phases but speciality in utility rather than smashing meters in any one field but doesnt slag in any dps style either. Better mobilty but doesnt need to be aff levels.

Aff: start fresh from square 1
    Aims: should feel reliable and constant dps. Number 1 aoe and good spread cleave and highest mobility of locks. Weakest st of warlocks.

Destro: maybe square 2. But get the infernal.... Gone or different.
    Aims: should feel blasty. Cd based dps is fine but not to the extent of mainline dps and not on a 3min main cd. 1st pl ST and spread cleave warlock. Weakest aoe of locks. Most turrety.
    Last edited by Albert the fish; 2019-11-05 at 02:47 PM.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    More on topic, I remain unconvinced by what was shown and said at blizzcon.
    How quaint of them to bring back curses, ritual of doom and focusing back on "class identity". But that's completely irrelevant to what people asked.
    It's actually getting me worried, because they can't ignore the complaints, yet they made ZERO verbal commitment to actually redesigning the specs.
    Thats why I still didn't pre-order. If it stays that way I won't buy Shadowlands at all.

I completely ditched my Warlock (which i am playing since Cata - Afflock for life!) since BfA for my Rogue alt and am pretty sad about that.

It's another garbage nostalgia swipe. They're trying to gain attention giving back low hanging fruit like useless curses nobody used in PvE anyways or that shit ass Doom spell and calling it unpruning.

The only remotely positive change imo is the return of demonic circle.

Real unpruning would mean returning all the pruned mechanics and spells they turned into talents and creating some actual new talents instead.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2019-11-05 at 11:05 PM.

ya know what. Hellfire back in some fashion. that shit was always fun
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's another garbage nostalgia swipe. They're trying to gain attention giving back low hanging fruit like useless curses nobody used in PvE anyways or that shit ass Doom spell and calling it unpruning.

Real unpruning would mean returning all the pruned mechanics and spells they turned into talents and creating some actual new talents instead.
    true, it's almost a meme to be honest

but please remove the stacking ua crap

I don't agree with this "bring the class fantasy, not the spec" thing. As a main Destro, I don't like the idea of adding afflction DoTs to the spec, they don't fit the theme of the spec, and they would add clunckyness to the playstyle... I don't play Affliction, but I don't think that any fire spell would fit the theme of the spec either... I could do with utility things like Curses though, but nothing else.

The best thing that happened to Destro was MoP, well, not only the spec, the whole class.

All specs:

Baseline Demonic Circle

Baseline Death Coil/ Mortal coil on 2 minute CD, deals meaningful damage (8-10% of a players hp) and heals similar to current (20%).

Curse of Doom needs to be in its classic state, hitting extremely hard once after a minute (~35% of a players hp non crit).

Curse of Tongues and Weakness can reduce cast speed and attack power by 20%. (no CD).

Less insane secondary stats (IE no 90% haste levels).

Fear breaks slightly less quickly from DoTs (at about 8% of max hp lost for non DR'd fear, then 4%, and 2%).

Destro:

Harder hitting incinerate (~8-10% of players HP non crit)

Baseline instant or 0.5 sec cast Shadowfury with reduced GCD 40 sec CD and 3 second stun. (destro exclusive).

Baseline Shadowburn execute that hits hard (~15% of players hp non crit) and costs a shard.

Faster cast Chaosbolt baseline (~2 seconds) always hits hard (always crits, ~20-25% of someones hp), takes bit longer to build up shards.

Harder hitting conflag possibly consuming immolate (15-20% of a players hp non crit).

Baseline conflag slow.

Pull back on CD dependence a lot, destro should be able to burst ~50% of someones hp roughly every 15-20 seconds with cbolt + conflag crit.

Infernal can remain for its once per 3 min non DR'd stun, and decent AoE damage. Remove shard generation. Remove Supremacy.

Think WOTLK destro.

Aff:

Nightfall baseline. Procs off corruption, drain life and drain soul ticks.

Shadowbolt needs to do significant damage (think ~8-10% of a players HP non crit).

Drain life does about half the DPS of shadowbolt and heals based on damage done.

UA no longer stacking, does much more damage per cast (~20% of players hp over duration). Slower shard generation (or costs two shards).

Corruption does much more damage per cast (~15% of players hp over its duration).

Seed of Corruption: big explosion damage such as in BC, could still apply corruption but perhaps at reduced duration to balance higher corruption damage.

Baseline Howl of Terror (aff exclusive).

Drain Soul baseline, execute phase it hits hard.

Darkglare: Removed

Deathbolt: Removed
    Last edited by Warning; 2019-11-09 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I hope they overhaul the entire class and rework it from the ground up again... I absolutely hate what they did to it these last 2 xpacs.

Give each spec their proper niches back so they aren't stepping on each others toes so hard, get rid of the god awful 3 minute CD's aff and destro are focused around.

Some of the things they've mentioned have me cautiously optimistic that they're actually looking to change things pretty significantly, so I'm keeping an eye out. But if I don't see things like.. this iteration of infernal going away on destro I may just drop the class altogether assuming I come back at all.
    they have stated recently that we wont be getting class reworks this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

which is something they also said they would be doing. they are bringing back some regular and pvp talents as baseline abilities which mean they will add new talents to replace them. they certainly didnt give everything they would be doing away at blizzcon, just particular examples.

Even though they said they won't be making big changes, for some reason I still hope that they do something to affliction to make it a sustain dps spec again and not a burst cooldown based garbage as it is now.
    Same for destro, Incinerate needs to be a good hitting spell and not a joke whose only purpose is to build shards to actually do some damage.
    Demonology .. well, may be just me but feels like random abilities thrown together .. not only do I not like it, I absolutely hate it.

Now for all specs ... the aoe ... whoever thought making aoe limited and everyone who agreed with him should just go ahead and shoot themselves. RoF and SoC should have no cost. RoF can have a cd of 4 secs or whatever the base duration of it is, if left as is and not back to being channeled.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Hit button resetting class to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'd much rather Wrath, but that works too.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

I don't see how adding curses back to the specs is going to fix the design issues they have.

Demo is probably the best designed spec of the three. Bar some flavor stuff like demon skins and choice, and a couple bad talents/general tuning issues.

Aff and destro are just philosophically different specs now.

Destro was a nuke spec with insane 2-target cleave and powerful aoe. Now it's a CD-based burst spec; one centered around a 3min cd at that.

Aff was THE dot spec, with several strong dot abilities, strong mobility, and consistent ST and MT damage that increased in execute range. Now it's a nuke spec with a CD that serves to buff the nuke.

Getting access to Curse of Weakness won't fix aff lost niche. Ritual of Doom won't address Destro's ridiculous reliance on a 3 min cd.

I'm all for unpruning old staples, especially those that now take up a talent spot. But Blizz better not let us - or any spec - go another expansion with wonky design. Especially since they aren't introducing a new class or new specs.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I second this.

I only want chaos bolts to hit pallys and priests through their shields again

MoP lock back pls