Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    After watching streams, new shard spender is basically a spammable finisher you do once you all dots set up (kinda like a better design spender version of deathbolt)... But it's not instant. So its useless for pvp. You'll never be able to cast it, simple as that. If there's no new honor talents to make it instant, affliction is expecting another year of being banned in arena and bgs.

This is a huge design flaw and we need to make some noise about it, it makes no sens to have TWO expansions back to back where we actually can't spend shards. They friggin took instant seed talent from legion even though it was simple and worked perfect. Why? Bring back inefficent but instant shard spenders blizz, it's so simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They're looking to address burst AoE not by giving Affliction burst AoE, but by capping most burst AoE spells to smaller packs so that larger pulls favour specs like affliction a bit more. Time will tell whether this approach will work.
    Ye saw that, it's an interesting decision and may give casters a useful niche in m+, but it doesnt address us simply having nothing vs pvp interrupts. Don't want to be dead on arrival again where solutions are so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    After watching streams, new shard spender is basically a spammable finisher you do once you all dots set up (kinda like a better design spender version of deathbolt)... But it's not instant. So its useless for pvp. You'll never be able to cast it, simple as that. If there's no new honor talents to make it instant, affliction is expecting another year of being banned in arena and bgs.

This is a huge design flaw and we need to make some noise about it, it makes no sens to have TWO expansions back to back where we actually can't spend shards. They friggin took instant seed talent from legion even though it was simple and worked perfect. Why? Bring back inefficent but instant shard spenders blizz, it's so simple.

Ye saw that, it's an interesting decision and may give casters a useful niche in m+, but it doesnt address us simply having nothing vs pvp interrupts. Don't want to be dead on arrival again where solutions are so simple.
    this...

blizzard remove unstable stack (good) and we have now what? 5x MR

Try to spam cast 5 MR under melee pressure to do damage...

for me is better a "shadow explosion" similar to conflagrate with great damage, use 1-3 shard and blast a target for X damage based on number of dots on target.

Destruction will be awful with infernal 3 min cd and without essence AND great mastery and haste... Demo the same...

I really hope in Soulbind Conduits Covenants AND in new talents...

My idea for affliction is "suppression", similar to the lazo for shaman...suppression deal damage stunning a target and heal the warlock for X%
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2020-04-10 at 03:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Yes, but for affliction only. ATM destro and demo have corruption with cast time

- - - Updated - - -

ah, ATM demonic circle/teleport is absent in spell book...
    1. this was before we got to test it, so yes, for affliction its instant, other 2 its not
    2. no its not, its just in the general book for some reason, its not in the warlock, or the spec books.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-10 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. this was before we got to test it, so yes, for affliction its instant, other 2 its not
    2. no its not, its just in the general book for some reason, its not in the warlock, or the spec books.
    great, demonic teleport is welcome thanks

MoP Destro and Legion Affliction. Getting all these Curses (bar clutter) back and the terrible Affliction changes is saddening. It’d be nice to have developers that actually played the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very sad to see that destro playstyle will still remain the same and continue to feel like cr*p in Shadowlands. After two expansions of feeling bad (Legion and BfA) I was hoping it would finally get some attention, but nooope.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    I'm very sad to see that destro playstyle will still remain the same and continue to feel like cr*p in Shadowlands. After two expansions of feeling bad (Legion and BfA) I was hoping it would finally get some attention, but nooope.
    Same, hate the playstyle. I feel like the old cooldown on chaos bolt with meatier incinerates and conflags were a lot better.

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Malefic Rapture really needs to be instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I feel like Malefic Rapture really needs to be instant cast.
    with a little cd, yes. A shadow explosion similar to conflagrate

or, maybe, need to consume 1-3 shard, more shard = more damage

Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    Same, hate the playstyle. I feel like the old cooldown on chaos bolt with meatier incinerates and conflags were a lot better.
    Yeah for sure, I have a little hope for destro because they removed maelstrom as a spender for elementals. I really feel like they should give cbolt the same treatment and just give it a 12-15 second cooldown and make it hit really hard. Slap a shard cost onto shadowburn and make it a hard hitting baseline execute again, buff incin and conflags to be really meaty, maybe increase the cast time on incinerate a little as well. Remove grimoire of supremacy to balance out the damage and you got a nice spec again that can burst for a solid amount repeatedly rather than being a onetrick pony that's useful only every 2 minutes (or 3 as it stands in SL).

Corruption probably should be instant and deal more damage or be removed if they can't make it worth casting. Doom also feels kind of weak at the moment as well for having to wait so long for it to tick, the fact there's a +100% modifier in demo is problematic since that more or less guarantees it'll be gimped for the other specs. That talent probably shouldn't be a bigger than 40% increase with a better baseline value.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    with a little cd, yes. A shadow explosion similar to conflagrate

or, maybe, need to consume 1-3 shard, more shard = more damage
    I wrote earlier that I feel like malefic rapture could work like the legion artifact. For example it could consume all your shards and it either buffs the damage of your dots by 10% for every soulshard spent, lasting X amount of time. Alternatively it could pulse damage every 1-2 seconds for every soulshard spent to all dotted targets, so the more shards the longer it pulses. To fill cast time I think shadowbolt should be hitting harder and have a slightly longer cast time. That would also make nightfall feel more satisfying.
    Last edited by Warning; 2020-04-11 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Yeah for sure, I have a little hope for destro because they removed maelstrom as a spender for elementals. I really feel like they should give cbolt the same treatment and just give it a 12-15 second cooldown and make it hit really hard. Slap a shard cost onto shadowburn and make it a hard hitting baseline execute again, buff incin and conflags to be really meaty, maybe increase the cast time on incinerate a little as well. Remove grimoire of supremacy to balance out the damage and you got a nice spec again that can burst for a solid amount repeatedly rather than being a onetrick pony that's useful only every 2 minutes (or 3 as it stands in SL).

Corruption probably should be instant and deal more damage or be removed if they can't make it worth casting. Doom also feels kind of weak at the moment as well for having to wait so long for it to tick, the fact there's a +100% modifier in demo is problematic since that more or less guarantees it'll be gimped for the other specs. That talent probably shouldn't be a bigger than 40% increase with a better baseline value.
    I agree with everything, specially with the Grimoire of Supremacy point.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

That
    Keep dreaming. They couldn't be bothered to finish the warlock spell update, including a half assed demonbolt that doesn't even work with greenfire, Soulfire still looking like a Classic mage pyroblast, cataclysm and drain soul their same old animations, and channel demonfire the same, but you somehow think they're going to do a whole new green fire experiment to fail at again this expansion?