Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I only want chaos bolts to hit pallys and priests through their shields again
    That's be sick.

In short:

- ALL summons instant (dogs, tyrant, vilefiend). I think Demonology would feel much more "fluid" without all those unecessary cast times.
    - Bringing back Dark Apotheosis warlock (with carrion swarm + demonic slash). This was so much fun in pvp.
    - Instant shadowfury baseline for all specs.
    - Howl of terror baseline for all specs.

Pleas guys help us to get the Warlock talent Fel Flame back.
    It makes such a big different.
    In Mop finally with Fel Flame was the warlock fun to play.
    Lower the dmg but pleas give it back to us.
    Im not the only one who thinks that this is an really important talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowflame, CoEx and no more UA stacking would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanitzer View Post
    ?? cata affliction was the best thing ever
    Soul Swap nonstop was a thing of wonder. Still remember watching my soul swaps between all the bosses in BoT during that council fight before chogall and it was one of the few visually pleasing ability that I’ll always remember just watching. Then they killed it.

Soul swap
    Fel Fire
    Shadowflame
    CoS, Coe, CoEx.

I want the ability for Warlocks to get a permanent enslave demon so we can enslave demons of ALL aesthetics.

Destruction

fel flame + shadowburn execute
    MOP's grimoire of sacrifice to gain ability pet, flat + damage%, recovery %health every 5 sec or give spell lock baseline
    shadowfury istant cast or howl of terror
    conflagrate more damage and slow 50% default
    burning ember as resources or a glyph for burning ember
    ember tap
    backlash

Affliction

howl of terror
    soul swap
    no more stack UA but UA use 1/3 shard
    drain soul filler
    CoEx
    seed of corruption faster and more damage
    no more darkglare please...
    more dot damage
    spell lock baseline

Demonology

fel flame
    Carrion swarm to knockback enemies
    more damage and burst
    more istant demons
    -imps and + big boys
    Spell lock baseline

All spec

Unending resolve down to 2 min.
    Dark bargain
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2019-11-16 at 06:14 PM.

I don't know why a lot of players like Cataclysm warlock of any spec.

I was mainly a PvPer and that was one of the saddest states of the class in the history of WoW. It had all the utility but didn't have enough damage to kill someone. I remembered playing Affliction, and you'd have to play triple times harder than a shadowpriest or a frost mage because of how lackluster the damage was. I don't know why players are requesting just spread out damage and no burst for Aff. Giving it at least some degree of burst is needed. The only thing that was going on for the spec was Soul Swap.

And Cataclysm Destruction was terrible. Its utility was insane though, but it was held back because of its damage (lol). Terrible damage. I used to get laughed at in BGs by mages because all I can do is cycle CC cooldowns and my chaos bolts hit for shit and couldn't even consume their shield. Destruction that time was a DOT (immolate and conflagrate dot) and an IMP spec. THAT WAS IT.

MoP still has the best Destruction iteration. Its Affliction and Demo were also really really good. Unpopular opinion, but my fave Aff iteration is Legion. I liked the burst idk, probably because it was just all that was going on for the class mid expansion as it was already pruned to hell and back.

Oh and I hope that curses are now baseline is true because that is one the things that dried up the class.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2019-11-15 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

I was mainly a PvPer and that was one of the saddest states of the class in the history of WoW. It had all the utility but didn't have enough damage to kill someone. I remembered playing Affliction, and you'd have to play triple times harder than a shadowpriest or a frost mage because of how lackluster the damage was. I don't know why players are requesting just spread out damage and no burst for Aff. Giving it at least some degree of burst is needed. The only thing that was going on for the spec was Soul Swap.

And Cataclysm Destruction was terrible. Its utility was insane though, but it was held back because of its damage (lol). Terrible damage. I used to get laughed at in BGs by mages because all I can do is cycle CC cooldowns and my chaos bolts hit for shit and couldn't even consume their shield. Destruction that time was a DOT (immolate and conflagrate dot) and an IMP spec. THAT WAS IT.

MoP still has the best Destruction iteration. Its Affliction and Demo were also really really good. Unpopular opinion, but my fave Aff iteration is Legion. I liked the burst idk, probably because it was just all that was going on for the class mid expansion as it was already pruned to hell and back.

Oh and I hope that curses are now baseline is true because that is one the things that dried up the class.

im sorry to say but than you didnt play aff good. damage in cata was insane (sb procs, execute drain, felhunter shadowbite)

Considering RLS was the best comp in S11 easily, with Shadowplay and Fire MLS being dumb good, Affy was one of the best PvP specs in Cata honestly. Things got retarded when we factor in PvE gear.

Anyway, I don't foresee radical changes. We'll get the usual talent changes and the "x factor" being the unpruning. I would imagine Affy will receive the most changes; Destro and Demo will get talent changes with minor rotational switch. Fuck Darkglare, fuck UA stacking, fuck Shadowbolt, fuck BFA Affy.

More tools. Specs that only deal damage are boring. I am talking stuns, gateways, controlled chaos, something...more... I lost interest in playing my warlock because more and more of the "interesting" abilities got removed or they put them into the same talent row, forcing me to choose 1 of them when I was used to all of them. Also, warlocks has always had pets, why are they suddenly so dull now?

Affliction - No more UA stacking, overall dots to be powerful again, not having to be centered around a cooldown, costless SoC or a way to spread dots (i.e. ability x - dots on the target are spread to 1-2 more targets 1 shard cost), have a choice between SB spam or drain channel.

Destruction - Incinerate to actually do damage, CB to go back to hitting through shields and immunities, RoF to be costless or give Shadowflame back or Cataclysm cd cut in half.

Demonology - Basically bring back the BRF in WoD gameplay, that was fucking sick and rewarding or just not have the other 2 specs underperform when compared to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Fuck Darkglare, fuck UA stacking, fuck Shadowbolt, fuck BFA Affy.
    Could have not said it better lol, except maybe for SB.

Dont care much whether the expac is specc or class focused, care if the gameplay (rotation, decision making, pvp, baseline tools) are fun and competitive.

Which is why i cant stand the state of affliction in BFA. Its awfull in pvp and m+, its only saving grace being raids where its too defined by a single burst cd.

The faults in design are glaring. In arena you have no option to cast vs melee (casting circle cd increase was retarded). There is no instant utility for shards beside Unstable cast spam, so we can't choose to use it for something else like MoP Soulburn (amazing spell btw), or instant but mediocre dmg like Legion Nightfall or MoP Soulburn:Soulswap. You're reduced to simply clicking your instant dots, almost never actually able to spend soulshards. Its not just bad tuning, the design doesn't work.

AoE is clumsy and bad. Without talents our aoe is seed spam. With the best aoe setup its still seed spam but also Vile Taint every 20 secs. Its uninspired, lacks depth, absolute crap compared to MoP/Wod's Destruction, Affliction or Demonology aoe complexity. Even Legion had us choose when to procc sephus before the seed spam, and atleast then it was (too) strong. Seed needs a tuning pass and faster cast time, and some extra depth with say an extra shard spell to make it instant, and a spell which applies agony to all targets with corruption. This isn't classic or tbc (great games though they were), doing dmg needs to feel at least a little bit interactive.

As for raids, the dmg is definitely there but Darkglare is too dominant and shadowbolt is a stupid filler with no Mastery interaction. Bringing back Malefic Grasp from panda (drain, makes dot tick harder) would be an infinitely better single target tool that also scales with mastery, which would also be a welcome change in pvp. The MoP soulburn soulswap (instant application of baseline dots for a shard, maybe updated to include UA for two shards, maybe with a short cd) would help a lot in m+ quick packs, pvp vs melee (while still being worse then hardcasting unstable if you can find a time for it, creating choices), and just generally make the specc slightly bad on burst instead of living in utterly demoralizing obscurity.

As for general class things, bringing back curses and demonic circle like blizz suggested is a good move, warlocks since wrath were balanced vs melee around the calculated mobility circle brings xombined with emergency button of death coil. In MoP they went too far and also gave instant shadowfury, but that's no longer an issue. Curses are just great pvp/solo pve flavour, making them into limited pvp talents just feels bad and needlessly specialized.

Dest works out (but seriously bring back the toggle aoe system from mop, so much deeper and funer, can keep demonfire its a fun spell), demo could use solo tuning (maybe decent buff to fel stalkers, and make their run speed fast so target switching isn't atrocious). In all honesty mop demo was much more inspired and complex, but i doubt they'll bring it back and i can live with current version.

That about sums it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

Oh and in response to that, i didnt do hardcore pvp in cata but i did in legion, which you played. Aff legion had burst, but it got to use it mostly after spreading immense pressure on the three enemy players, compounded by the awesome artifact active. When you got base dots rolling on the entire team and a UA or two, then activated artifact, you could *feel* the healer growing desperate.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2019-11-26 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spellchecking.

There's a lot that I want, most of it involves going back to earlier iterations of various specs. But I'll settle for just 1 thing:

Give Demo an interrupt. Just let axe toss act as an interrupt against stun immune targets.

My tiny wishlist to keep it simple.

— Affliction

-Drainsoul baseline
    -Sustained DPS design, not the burst one.

— Demonology
    -Axe toss interrupts

— Destruction
    -Rain of Fire improvements: more and faster dmg, less shard consumption.
    -Focused chaos talent moves into normal talents. It doesn't feel good, when in pure ST fight your main class mechanic doesn't work (Havoc) and you ask yourself, why am I even playing destruction now?

— All specs
    Pets and guardians should be completly ignored by PvE enemies out of combat. Warlocks are constantly punished by pet design. If you make class with such philosophy, don't make people suffer for it, do it properly. Situation is especially ironic with Demonology. Demo is the only so-so good spec for M+. But it doesn't have an interrupt and also, the most important thing in community perception - Rogue's shroud, doesn't properly hide imps and dogs. Which means everythime it is time to shroud - demonology warlock most likely will fail everything. Why the only not so terrible M+ warlock spec is so heavily punished by design flaws, blizzard?

Read no comments but i want MoP fire and brim back, embers. Maybe a rework of fnb spells. Like making rof rain of chaos but cost 2 embers or something... i really miss moplock

MoP Grim of Sac, incinerate while running, old Chaos Bolt animation

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    old Chaos Bolt animation
    Are you kidding?

I wish I knew why a lot of our spells from Legion never got baked into the class for BfA like other classes. Would it have been THAT difficult to give us Dimensional Rift to replace Channel Demonfire? Would it have been WORLDBREAKING to reduce the CD on Unending Resolve so it's not every 3 minutes? Really feels like they only have like 10 devs who rather focus on other classes and we get the leftovers. I really hope something beyond giving a handful of curses back is done.

I love some of these suggestions, I would KILL for Shadowburn to come back the way it was in MoP to give us an actual execute - nothing quite like havocing the boss then shadowburn-sniping adds to get massive cleave damage on top of keeping shards rolling. Something to make the class feel like there is some synergy. That's my biggest thing...there really feels like there is no synergy at all between the abilities we use and our hard hitting abilities. Why couldn't it be that every conflgurate crit the cd of Infernal goes down .5 seconds? Or Soulfire - which isn't used at all - has a similar cdr mechanic - why not give it to another spell we actually use?

Similarly, for demo - why isn't it that our abilities reduce the CD of our Tyrant? I do like the instant demonbolt so that is nice but I wish there was just more of a relationship between our spenders and our generators. Sadly but also refreshing - that is what I like about combat rogues. I love the fact that my combo point finishers reduce the CD of my main abilities (Adrenaline Rush being one and a handful of others) - it's almost bittersweet playing my rogue alt wishing locks had something similar.