Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Some people really don't understand how stat and level squishes work. I sometimes wonder if it's a true lack of understanding, or just intentional to stir shit up.

Here's a newsflash: there is absolutely zero loss of progress. You are not having 70 levels taken from you, along with all the abilities, transmog and achievements you worked from level 51-120, and then be forced to level all those 70 levels again to reach the max level content and regain all that you "lost". You are not losing the ability to wield your ilvl 425 chest piece because it says "requires level 120".

As far as you, the player, are concerned, the level squish is mostly a cosmetic change.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Good lord... 15 pages about the most trivial thing imaginable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the chances of this are slim to none.
    They'll make leveling 1-60 a breeze.
    how many time i hear that, it will take the same time and each level will take forever because there must be a reason to sell a 50 boost for 50 buck in the shop and peoples must be enticed to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Its just a number... I dont care if im lvl 10 or 1000, if i do 100damage or 1mil damage, whats important is that im having fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I love the level squish. It was getting crazy high

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The thing is, everyone bitches about that but rarely anyone ever acknowledges the original item squish. At the time it was all rage and hate and it would "Ruin solo content" where as in reality it made it 1000x easier.
    only cuz blizzard added the buff but before they patched it solo was broken and still partially due to the fact it didn't applied to the last xpac
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    It's not a slap to the face at all, it's a huge relief in my opinion. See those last three words? That's what your post is as well, just your own opinion.

Don't like it? Quit, stop spreading negativity in a place where it won't have a chance to change anything. Go fill the official forums - this is a fansite, not trashsite for your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    Of all the things wrong with BfA, the leveling was just kinda "Meh". Slow, but thats to be expected from the current xpac.
    The leveling was semi meh decent, art and soundtrack are amazing and everything else just died.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I asked the same and apparently the 120 boost is for those who pre-order now (until the actual release) and can use it right away. I suppose on release it will be changed to a lv 50 boost
    Makes sense, as I guess I'll have another level 50 when the squish happens.

These go to 11.

Why not make 10 louder?

But these go to 11.

Actual Spinal Tap of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Do you even use your brain?
    120 boostcwill become 50 boost. 80 twinks will become 39 twinks... or even 34. Maybe 35. Or maybe 27? Just wait for info.
    It's my job to figure out the intricacies of Blizzard's plan? What the fuck? I don't get my rocks off nitpicking everything Blizzard does, but a level squish is a big deal and it's their job to describe every detail to their player base.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what really concern me is peoples being excited at the word squish, must be the new wow meme; blizzard not gonna let you level faster 1->50 will require the same amount of xp of 1->120 and the same time it may even be worse as each level take forever.
    No, seeing as you will level 10-50 in one expansion. There won't be enough quests in one expansion to level the equivalent of 20-120, so it's definitely a lot shorter/faster then 1-120 is.

While normal humans with functioning brains gain nothing from the stat squish because three digit numbers do not intimidate us, we have learned definitively throughout the years that the vast majority of WoW players do not, in fact, fall into that category. As such I'm no more offended by a level squish than I am by, say, a wheelchair ramp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

how is a level squish but keeping the content in the game "13+ years down the toilet?"

well, some much about farming mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Your Level 80 Chars would probably become level 33

The Level Squish is not like Cutting your Level in Half, its Condensing your Level. You still have all that Progress.
    Especially because your Progress is not your Level, all of your Progress is recorded in your Achievments. If you actually have 15 years worth of Progress, you have these Achievments, and they are not beeing taken Away. If you however nolifed killing Pigs in Elwyn Forest for 15 years. You dont have any Progress that could´ve been taken away. Oo
    Looking at it that way, I do feel better about it.

I don't really care about the number value of my level, but thanks to faster leveling - it will be MUCH faster, if you can get 10>50 done in one expansion - my past efforts to max out 11 characters will be greatly devalued. (unless ofc 1>10 takes days, but how likely is that?) I'm naturally not pleased..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's my job to figure out the intricacies of Blizzard's plan? What the fuck? I don't get my rocks off nitpicking everything Blizzard does, but a level squish is a big deal and it's their job to describe every detail to their player base.
    It doesn't seem that complicated to understand tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because it's a really poorly done leak that is causing idiots to scream to the heavens that Shadowlands is 100% the next expansion.

so losing almost half of our skills in some cases in WoD wasn't a bother for you? but meaningless numbers rewarding only basic effort are?
    the only thing i care about is that the characters who're lvl 50 remain lvl 50 after the squish and aren't reduced to say 24-25 which would waste effort.

that said i hate every squish they've done so far, all it does is pander to small-minded fools who can't contextualize larger numbers by contracting them and have no idea how squishing numbers causes loss from smaller multipliers if the base isn't large enough to fully express them in a whole integer.

but then again this is a community that relies on addons like mr.fixit to do BASIC calculation for them, i shouldn't be surprised they've ruined the game in retail and again in classic.
    it's time more then the retail devs were replaced by the classic devs, the same needs to happen with the player-base.

What progression are you losing? If you're so obsessed with the character level, stick a post-it note over your level that says '130' or whatever. Better, use a UI mod where you can modify the level it shows you...

People find the most ridiculous things to complain about, then again, it's people like you that will buy it regardless and still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is ridiculous, dude.

I've played since literally beta, so way longer than you, and I think the level squish is great. It's absolutely not a "slap in the face". It's a necessary reduction, and completely sensible. If you're really concerned about it, I think you need to take a long, hard look at why some numbers are concerning you so very much.
    It's not a slap in the face, but it's quite problematic.

Leveling will become even less important than now. I mean, it's gotta have to be a lot faster if you want to fit 50 levels in content of 10 levels. No way you can make it feel like 120 or even 80 levels. This means that any rewards you receive for leveling will feel much less satisfying.

Then there's the case of potentially being locked into one of multiple stories told in WoW. If I love Hellfire Peninsula, but hate Terrokar Forest and Nagrand, I seemingly won't be able to just skip them for, say, Icecrown and Shadowmoon Valley. As a player for 15 years it doesn't hurt me as much as it will hurt a new player who will not see all these stories and will not understand all the lore until they've leveled... 8 characters from 1 to 60.

I am all for a squish, but the way they seem to be approaching it is just abysmally bad. It doesn't solve any of the leveling problems, it makes them worse if anything. Just remove the thing, seriously.