Thread: Update question

Update question

My battle.net client says an update is available, but it hangs indefinitely on "Waiting for another update" on the progress bar.

I scoured the WoW forums and found no answers. There is no "search" feature on the forums so I just looked in Customer Service and Technical Support.

I am not subscribed right now, so I can't post there, and I am not going to pay $15 just to get this question answered. So please, if you're going to be a troll about why I want to update my battle.net client when I'm not subscribed, just go away.

If anyone, on the other hand, is familiar with the problem and knows how to address it, please let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the battle.net client wants to update all of its available games that you have installed.

You should check to see if any of the other games you show on the client are updating. If you have no games on the client then this is really a question for Blizzard support.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I found the search function -- icon was very small. I read a post about it, and I'm applying the steps. If it works, I'll post an update here. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

The solution on the forums worked. Client is fixed. Thanks for your input all the same, MoanaLisa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    The solution on the forums worked. Client is fixed. Thanks for your input all the same, MoanaLisa.
    No problem. Glad you got it sorted out. I was waiting once for a battle.net client update and eventually found out after about 10 minutes that it was updating Diablo III, WoW, and Hearthstone. So it seemed a possibility.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."