Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    How can you be excited? I preordered the xpac and it said I'll get boost to lvl 120 and right after I heard they'll wipe 120 characters to 50. That is just big scam... they should mention it in SHOP that characters will squish to 50 so people can think twice if they'll buy the expansion.
    But I guess by not mentioning that they'll get more preorders...
    Are you brain dead or just really dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because, this expansion is the same old shit, only trying to be a little more like Classic.
    Honestly what I want too.

I refuse to play bfa because the grind just isnt rewarding. at least in classic I always know what im working towards.

If they would simplify the loot system and take all the rng bullshit out i would be right back on board

I was super butthurt over the numbers squish when that happened and still am, which is why I really only play every other expansion when the numbers get ridiculous. The level squish doesn't bother me as much though for some reason.

Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Why didn't you cry at the TWO PREVIOUS STAT SQUISHES. You want us to run around with over 5 billion HP?

what really concern me is peoples being excited at the word squish, must be the new wow meme; blizzard not gonna let you level faster 1->50 will require the same amount of xp of 1->120 and the same time it may even be worse as each level take forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Good lord... 15 pages about the most trivial thing imaginable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    will require the same amount of xp of 1->120 and the same time it may even be worse as each level take forever.
    I think the chances of this are slim to none.
    They'll make leveling 1-60 a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Did you feel like you were nerfed with the stat squish in 8.0 too?
    The thing is, everyone bitches about that but rarely anyone ever acknowledges the original item squish. At the time it was all rage and hate and it would "Ruin solo content" where as in reality it made it 1000x easier.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Some people really don't understand how stat and level squishes work. I sometimes wonder if it's a true lack of understanding, or just intentional to stir shit up.

Here's a newsflash: there is absolutely zero loss of progress. You are not having 70 levels taken from you, along with all the abilities, transmog and achievements you worked from level 51-120, and then be forced to level all those 70 levels again to reach the max level content and regain all that you "lost". You are not losing the ability to wield your ilvl 425 chest piece because it says "requires level 120".

As far as you, the player, are concerned, the level squish is mostly a cosmetic change.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Good lord... 15 pages about the most trivial thing imaginable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the chances of this are slim to none.
    They'll make leveling 1-60 a breeze.
    how many time i hear that, it will take the same time and each level will take forever because there must be a reason to sell a 50 boost for 50 buck in the shop and peoples must be enticed to buy it.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just a number... I dont care if im lvl 10 or 1000, if i do 100damage or 1mil damage, whats important is that im having fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I love the level squish. It was getting crazy high

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The thing is, everyone bitches about that but rarely anyone ever acknowledges the original item squish. At the time it was all rage and hate and it would "Ruin solo content" where as in reality it made it 1000x easier.
    only cuz blizzard added the buff but before they patched it solo was broken and still partially due to the fact it didn't applied to the last xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a slap to the face at all, it's a huge relief in my opinion. See those last three words? That's what your post is as well, just your own opinion.

Don't like it? Quit, stop spreading negativity in a place where it won't have a chance to change anything. Go fill the official forums - this is a fansite, not trashsite for your opinions.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I asked the same and apparently the 120 boost is for those who pre-order now (until the actual release) and can use it right away. I suppose on release it will be changed to a lv 50 boost
    Makes sense, as I guess I'll have another level 50 when the squish happens.

These go to 11.

Why not make 10 louder?

But these go to 11.

Actual Spinal Tap of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Do you even use your brain?
    120 boostcwill become 50 boost. 80 twinks will become 39 twinks... or even 34. Maybe 35. Or maybe 27? Just wait for info.
    It's my job to figure out the intricacies of Blizzard's plan? What the fuck? I don't get my rocks off nitpicking everything Blizzard does, but a level squish is a big deal and it's their job to describe every detail to their player base.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what really concern me is peoples being excited at the word squish, must be the new wow meme; blizzard not gonna let you level faster 1->50 will require the same amount of xp of 1->120 and the same time it may even be worse as each level take forever.
    No, seeing as you will level 10-50 in one expansion. There won't be enough quests in one expansion to level the equivalent of 20-120, so it's definitely a lot shorter/faster then 1-120 is.

While normal humans with functioning brains gain nothing from the stat squish because three digit numbers do not intimidate us, we have learned definitively throughout the years that the vast majority of WoW players do not, in fact, fall into that category. As such I'm no more offended by a level squish than I am by, say, a wheelchair ramp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

well, some much about farming mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Your Level 80 Chars would probably become level 33

The Level Squish is not like Cutting your Level in Half, its Condensing your Level. You still have all that Progress.
    Especially because your Progress is not your Level, all of your Progress is recorded in your Achievments. If you actually have 15 years worth of Progress, you have these Achievments, and they are not beeing taken Away. If you however nolifed killing Pigs in Elwyn Forest for 15 years. You dont have any Progress that could´ve been taken away. Oo
    Looking at it that way, I do feel better about it.