Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    At some point leveling becomes a chore. Even leveling a few expansions ago, MOP, 1-60 was tough, 70-80 was just awful. I hate WOTLK 5 man leveling dungeons more than I can describe. You could do Cataclysm in one zone. But... it was ALL boring, all been there done that.

They had to change leveling and being able to pick a favorite expansion/zone to do it in with a squish is pretty damn incredible.

Big fan of the idea, I hope the reality matches the intent.
    i highly doubt anyone has problem with the remodel of where you level up

hell i bet most support it /

people have problem with dumbing down game due to stupid people being afraid of number 130 to the point that they have to go to safe space of number 60. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    uh, the memories you make will still be there, and it wont connect to a number but that number is already gone
    Nah I'm 120 so all the levels I've gotten are still there.

you can't revisit 61 on any character
    I can't revert myself to 61 but my 61 is still there

but its a similar complaint to having the house you grew up in changed or torn down/re-built it sucks but it lives on in your mind.
    Fuck that lives on in your mind shit, that's just something people say to make a shitty situation feel less shitty.

this is being upset the road your childhood house was on is being changed. :P
    My childhood home is still in my family and the road is still the same, it's a dirt road and all the same potholes are still there that I remember.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

Fuck that lives on in your mind shit, that's just something people say to make a shitty situation feel less shitty.

My childhood home is still in my family and the road is still the same, it's a dirt road and all the same potholes are still there that I remember.
    Is your family seriously so lazy they havnt fixed the potholes in all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    1. It's the lazy way becausae all they are doing is re-arranging what they already have instead of making the effort of being creative in making the current leveling more rewarding.
    Still not sure why you think what they're doing now is lazy, considering the time and effort it's taking them to actually implement it. What could they have done to make the current leveling feel more rewarding?

2.Going between Fahrenheit and Celsius isn't the same as you are going between two completely different scales. Blizzard is using the exact same scale, just removing 70 levels. You remove nothing going between two completely different scales.
    The way I think of it is that they're just moving permanently to Celsius, though I can understand how that would feel like removing a bunch of levels.

All that said, you didn't answer the question about what it is you feel like you're losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are losing absolutely nothing here. The only thing that's changing, is the appearance of levels. Progression and power level isn't going anywhere. Stop being so hyperbolic, and crying over literally nothing...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Numbers are relative, your actual power in the world is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Right, because 130 levels worth of a shit, disjointed levelling experience full of plot holes is going to look GREAT to a new player.

Come on, man, it's perfectly obvious why they're changing the levelling experience. It's a bloated mess that everyone skips anyway with their boost, and the new players who don't skip it experience the hot pile of garbage it's become over the years. This re-work is LONG overdue, so how dare you use it to accuse Blizzard of being lazy?

If you've got a leak, don't put a temporary patch on it. Replace the entire pipe.
    Exactly this.

/thread

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    It'll feel odd for 30 minutes after xpac launch and then you'll forget entirely, similar to past stat squishes.
    I've still never forgotten about the older Stat Squishes. I still to this day despise any kind of squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Most levels arent necessary since they give you nothing, the squish just removes the boring levels and leaves the good ones, and none of those numbers matter at max level anyway
    they don't give u a thing because blizz made it that way
    lvl squish is cheating, instead of improving on the older system of reward every couple of lvls, they decided to remove the lvls instead of actually working for making a reward
    u still will get same amount of rewards as u lvl right now (maybe even less) just since they deleted 1/2 of lvls u'll think they are giving more rewards, they aren't, they removed half of work instead of doing their actual job
    I like older system but i want to see it implemented in current system, if they want to give me older system again then don't make me pay for it, or anyone since u are removing half of ur work
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Not entirely sure why this thread still exists, no one is losing anything by squishing the levels from 120 to 60.
    It's literally just a number, your character still exists and everything you've done on it.
    again if it is just number why u care if it is removed or not?
    I care it doesn't get removed, i want progress not regress, i want them to actually work to make lvling as good as before not delete half of work to make it appear (and i bet it will still be less) as before

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    It'll feel odd for 30 minutes after xpac launch and then you'll forget entirely, similar to past stat squishes.
    i remember how f8cked bugged the game became thanks to that squish, every time i went icc i remember it clearly
    if u have memory of a golden fish some of us have memories of human brains

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    You are losing absolutely nothing here. The only thing that's changing, is the appearance of levels. Progression and power level isn't going anywhere. Stop being so hyperbolic, and crying over literally nothing...
    how do u measure progression ?
    if by ilvl, they squished that
    by status ? they squished that too
    by abilities ? bfa has less abilities per spec than even wrath era, which was 11 years ago
    by lvl? u are kool with removing half of them

so how u measure progress ? only thing left is achievement (which they also remove some with time) and reputation with older factions, and i wonder when they will remove reputation completely too
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    how do u measure progression ?
    if by ilvl, they squished that
    by status ? they squished that too
    by abilities ? bfa has less abilities per spec than even wrath era, which was 11 years ago
    by lvl? u are kool with removing half of them

so how u measure progress ? only thing left is achievement (which they also remove some with time) and reputation with older factions, and i wonder when they will remove reputation completely too
    Time spent playing.

Dude, its just a number. They have finite rewards to offer, splitting them all in half to fill the extra levels is half assed, and gaining nothing each level is pointless. Removing the filler levels is a sound idea, i honestly dont understand why people get emotionally attached to chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    How can you be excited? I preordered the xpac and it said I'll get boost to lvl 120 and right after I heard they'll wipe 120 characters to 50. That is just big scam... they should mention it in SHOP that characters will squish to 50 so people can think twice if they'll buy the expansion.
    But I guess by not mentioning that they'll get more preorders...
    You're not losing any progress. It's not like you'll be the current level 50 and you won't be able to do Nighthold for 60 more levels or something. 120 becomes level 50 - it's just a number change. You'll still be able to do all the content you can do right now. Your 120 boost is for right now - if you used it in Shadowlands, your character would boost to level 50 instead. You're still boosting to the new content. It's not a big deal.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I've been playing for a long time and I just cannot stomach leveling 1-120 anymore. Even with heirlooms, it's boring. I don't know how someone new to the game with no prior experience with WoW and not using heirlooms can do that.

Again, you opinion. Again, you and the others are not the arbiters of how I should feel about it. I EARNED those levels. I ACHIEVED those levels. Therefore, it makes perfect sense for me to feel attached to them. Stop trying to dictate to me how I should feel because only I can tell myself how to feel..
    But muh numbers braaaaaaahhhh, my sweet 130 is being replaced by a 60, the horror! i sincerely hope they make an addon for people like you, like Feril said, that replaces the 60 for a 130, boom crisis solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

Again, its like changing your name.. and then saying your childhood doesn't count anymore.. cause your name changed.
    you are just being difficult for the sake of something that is happening regardless and don't want to lose face.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

1. It's the lazy way becausae all they are doing is re-arranging what they already have instead of making the effort of being creative in making the current leveling more rewarding.

2.Going between Fahrenheit and Celsius isn't the same as you are going between two completely different scales. Blizzard is using the exact same scale, just removing 70 levels. You remove nothing going between two completely different scales.
    People like you are the reason we can't have nice things. You are why Blizzard is hesitant to do good changes for the game; because you'll whine about everything. This is a great change for all reasons except having a lower number represent your character.

The more levels there are, the less rewarding it is. It doesn't matter how fast it is.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best change to leveling overall.

Bringing in new players. Said new players stay away currently because lvl 1-120 sounds really daunting and massive.

Feeling so bad and telling us your progress goes down the drain because they change the lvl 120 back to lvl 50 is the biggest crap i have heard in a long time.

You dont lose any progress at all. Everything you done is still there.

As said before, this is not something to get upset about at all.
    I really dont see the issue in any way.

Hitting 120 doesnt mean anything since it is so easy to level. Changing the lvls back to 60 and keep the leveling time makes way more sense to me.

I dont see how you feel like leveling to 120 is progress.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Im all for the squish, thats for sure.. but, can someone explain to me how its gonna work? i mean, do you still have to level to 120 like you "allways" do, and then do some sort quest or something, that is gonna bumb you down to 50-60 ?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGood View Post
    Im all for the squish, thats for sure.. but, can someone explain to me how its gonna work? i mean, do you still have to level to 120 like you "allways" do, and then do some sort quest or something, that is gonna bumb you down to 50-60 ?
    1-10 is starting zone, 10-50 anywhere, 50-60 shadowlands. There will be new 1-10 zone (if it's alt, you can pick old starting zone as well). New players will have to level 10-50 in BfA, so whole leveling will be 60-70% fasfer. 120 will become 50 most likely in prepatch, you can calculate rest.

And this is a thread where people whine about this.

Their way of fixing the talent trees lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM