Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Jailer =/= The Arbiter

Seems that people are mixing them.

The Arbiter is a mysterious and ancient being whose existence predates all memory—even older than the Titans, according to some accounts.

We don't know(yet) how ancient or not the Jailer is. He is the ruler of the Maw. Maybe his persona is similar to the Lich King- it's a title given to the person who wears the crown/prison keys?

Yeah I've noticed people keep mixing them up. They said the Arbiter was ancient and predates even the Titans, but they said nothing about the Jailer being the same age..right?

They didnt say the Jailor was ancient, but his the bogeyman told to children of the shadowlands so it can be assumed his probably fairly old also he seems to command the maw which is ancient

The Arbiter was described as female...

10+ Year Old Account

So this must be "the boss" of Sylvanas? Where she got her new powers? Perhaps Mueh'zala?

Or could this be the Jailer?

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post

So this must be "the boss" of Sylvanas? Where she got her new powers? Perhaps Mueh'zala?

Or could this be the Jailer?
    That was confirmed to be the jailer no?

Well i thought it was but his in chains so.....

I assume the Arbiter is Bwonsamdi’s boss and the Jailer is the one who named Sylvanas to be Warchief

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    The Arbiter was described as female...
    It's pretty obvious that the Arbiter is Elune. She's always been described as keeper of some sort of balance. And the current turmoil in the Shadowlands would explain why she seemingly abandoned the night elves when Sylvanas burned their tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jailer is not Sylvanas' boss. They stated this.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is apparently the Arbiter:

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Jailer is not Sylvanas' boss. They stated this.
    They stated that she is working with him. Different naming same meaning.

5+ Year Old Account
    Also, why is the balance of the universe at risk?

This "aferlife" seems to be only specific to souls from Azeroth. The rest of the universe doesn't seem to be at stake.
    Kupo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    They stated that she is working with him. Different naming same meaning.
    What? Not at all the same meaning.

I work with a lot of people that are not my boss.

The arbiter is akin to King Minos in the sense that it is a being that judges those who pass into the Shadowlands and determines which part/covenant they go to or if they are super bad send them directly to The Maw, where the Jailer keeps the vilest most terrible souls on lockdown. So the Jailer and the Arbiter are two separate entities.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    What? Not at all the same meaning.

I work with a lot of people that are not my boss.
    I meant that she is his ally and obviously he is the more powerful part of the bargain.
    Some people say that she is not his servant aka he is not the one that she works with. I wanted to deny it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the Arbiter is Elune. She's always been described as keeper of some sort of balance. And the current turmoil in the Shadowlands would explain why she seemingly abandoned the night elves when Sylvanas burned their tree.
    With you, I agree. Arbiter is old - Elune's Azeroth only true deity, meaning that shes old too. Elune also went missing from nelf affairs, but why? Could it be because of all the turmoil in Shadowlands, set before by massive bloodshed during last years of Warcraft?

Jailer and Sylvanas work together for the same mastah, but who then it could be? Only being dead and old for enough could be Y'Sharaj. He was killed, and yet extremly powerful, could do for a death boss.

Shadowlands is an upside-down world, so The Jailer might be the good guy, keeping "darkest of terrors at bay"
    The Arbiter feels like a solo dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Yeah I've noticed people keep mixing them up. They said the Arbiter was ancient and predates even the Titans, but they said nothing about the Jailer being the same age..right?
    Not explicitly said, but still implied that he's been there for quite a while. Well before WoW started, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by feniela View Post
    With you, I agree. Arbiter is old - Elune's Azeroth only true deity, meaning that shes old too. Elune also went missing from nelf affairs, but why? Could it be because of all the turmoil in Shadowlands, set before by massive bloodshed during last years of Warcraft?

Jailer and Sylvanas work together for the same mastah, but who then it could be? Only being dead and old for enough could be Y'Sharaj. He was killed, and yet extremly powerful, could do for a death boss.
    Could also be that Sylvanas' messing with stuff has broken the connection like it did for newly departed.

Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    I meant that she is his ally and obviously he is the more powerful part of the bargain.
    Some people say that she is not his servant aka he is not the one that she works with. I wanted to deny it.
    It is not the same. Bargain makes sense only if both sides are threaten equally. This is a mutual contract, where both sides are working together to get stronger. He does not order her what to do.

To make is clearier. Jailer is giving her his powers, so she can empower him by killing people, which makes her even stronger.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-11-02 at 12:30 PM.

They are probably the original beings.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.