Thread: Diablo 4 Druid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was super excited when it was announced, but I hate all 3 classes so far. Fingers crossed for Necromancer or Assassin really miss my Trapsin from D2 was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    In the D4 Q/A it was mentioned that the forms do have bonuses, werebear form provides tankiness and werewolf form gives some increase to physical ability ( not sure if attack speed), they also did mention that you will be able to stay in said forms indefinitely if your playstyle takes you to the shapeshift tree ( as I presume there are a lot of skills that extend or enhance said playstyles).
    Oh sick! Good to hear.

You have a link to the q/a by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Oh sick! Good to hear.

The magic of google and youtube can help you a lot, you can find plenty of info just searching for D4 stuff.

You can also read what the talents/skills used in the demo are on wowhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news=296018/...ees-and-skills.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Watched a lot of gameplay on youtube, the druid looks so SAVAGE!!!

There was me thinking I'd be maining Barb again but nope Druid all the way with a Barb alt lool.

I really hoped for the return of this class since D3 release and its more than i imagined I'd get.

What class got you most excited?
    Druid definitely looks the best, and it was like my least favorite class before. Can't wait to see what the other 2 will be, I'm expecting the Amazon to come back as well, she was a fan favorite and definitly cooler and less edgelord than DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Druid was my fave back in D2.

Going by those three classes showcased, I'm likely to go Druid main, and Sorceress 2nd. Buuuut... if a necromancer is added... hmm... it'd be a tough call which one would be my main, but it would surely be either druid or necro, with the other being 2nd main.

Also, tangentially related: "druid", "sorceress", "barbarian". "Druid" and "sorceress" are character names almost exclusive to Diablo 2 (D1 was called "sorcerer"), so I wonder if the class line-up will match Diablo 2's classes. I sure hope so.
    Most likely; they’re probably going to take the 5 most popular classes from D2/3 - so we are pretty much guaranteed to get necromancer and a physical ranged class. Whether that looks more like demon hunter or Amazon is the only question regarding the remaining two classes
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    Druid was my favorite class in d2 and I’m hype that it’s back and they’re streamlining the hell out of its combat. Only complaint is that they made him look like a barbarian. I thought the lean muscled up Druid with the wolf pelt cloak and animal head was amazing
    They all were once the same tribe and split off at some point so it makes sense they would look similar.

I just hope that they allow us to make builds where we never come out of our forms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Most likely; they’re probably going to take the 5 most popular classes from D2/3 - so we are pretty much guaranteed to get necromancer and a physical ranged class. Whether that looks more like demon hunter or Amazon is the only question regarding the remaining two classes
    There is going to be a Paladin or Crusader, they were too fun to pass up in a D4. Maybe in the Expansion though.

The gameplay looks nice, but it seems that Wolf- and Bearform are pretty much only cosmetic if it changes automatically based on ability? Normal attacks in wolf form, aoe stuns and smashes in bear (and then you instantly transform back?). So it's just eyecandy, not a dedicated playstyle like in D2?

Would be a shame, but maybe this is where talents/runes/legendaries come in.
    It was mentioned that if you specialize into the Shapeshifting tree you can lock in your preferred "shape". So if you wanted to do all of your attacks from the bear form, you could simply choose that, and vice versa. They made it seem like you can choose per ability what form to take. There was also other things mentioned like you could choose what weapon was used if you are a Barb per skill, so say slam requires a 2h Mace baseline, you could change it to be dual 1 hands.

There is a customization system here that seems extremely optimistic and honestly I'm super jacked for it, this kind of customization is completely new to ARPGs. Definitely more RPG than Action.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    The magic of google and youtube can help you a lot, you can find plenty of info just searching for D4 stuff.

You can also read what the talents/skills used in the demo are on wowhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news=296018/...ees-and-skills.
    Or you could just copy paste the link if you have the Q/A page open already?

There are a lot of Q/A's out there, with a flood of streamers and gaming sites trying to bait clicks and views. The first thing I did after seeing your post was checking the QA on the MMO frontpage, but it didn't mention anything you describe.

I don't like the way that druids are looking in diablo 4. I would like that when the druid turns into a bear, they look like a real bear and run around on all fours on a permanent basis. I would like it so that you could choose a feral build like that or a casting build. I don't like that were-bear look. I would imagine it is probably a werewolf look too. I would imagine with the druid when you level up maybe you get the skill to shapeshift for an hour or so like diablo2.

Not really excited about the class choices. I would hope they have all the classes from diablo3. I like playing as a barbarian. Mage is ok but I don't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah i used to be edgy too. Now that im an adult, i want to whirlwind rend as a giant bear
    Hahaha i suppose i never got out of that phase (at least in videogames).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'd rather they went with the Amazon. I loved the Amazon back in D2, and she was my main before the introduction of the druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'd rather they went with the Amazon. I loved the Amazon back in D2, and she was my main before the introduction of the druid.
    Yeah I loved bowazon in D2; definitely the class I played the most. Hitting mobs an act away with multishot was great lol
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Watched a lot of gameplay on youtube, the druid looks so SAVAGE!!!

There was me thinking I'd be maining Barb again but nope Druid all the way with a Barb alt lool.

I really hoped for the return of this class since D3 release and its more than i imagined I'd get.

What class got you most excited?
    Druid for sure but if they drop a pally or necro over the next few years, I'll be hard pressed on which to pick. I'm indifferent to the Amazon. Barb is cool I guess but I'll have to try the 4 weapon thing to see if that really sets this version apart from previous iterations. I'll never pick a sorceress, never been my style.

Yeah I loved bowazon in D2; definitely the class I played the most. Hitting mobs an act away with multishot was great lol
    I was the Spearazon, throwing the spears at my enemy. That triple-stab melee skill was dope, too, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't like the way that druids are looking in diablo 4. I would like that when the druid turns into a bear, they look like a real bear and run around on all fours on a permanent basis. I would like it so that you could choose a feral build like that or a casting build. I don't like that were-bear look. I would imagine it is probably a werewolf look too. I would imagine with the druid when you level up maybe you get the skill to shapeshift for an hour or so like diablo2.

Not really excited about the class choices. I would hope they have all the classes from diablo3. I like playing as a barbarian. Mage is ok but I don't love it.
    That wouldn't make sense tho, not only does that go against what Druid was in Diablo 2 but also a 'Werebear' is a half man half bear such as a 'Werewolf' is half man and half wolf so they shouldn't be looking like a regular bear or wolf.

If Blizzard made them look like normal bears/wolves people would call it lazy and a cop out on game design. Careful what you wish for.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would leave the game without a shield class though. I think the remaining two are a very tough call, but a physical ranged class is probably guaranteed. Amazon is kind of impossible as it's gender locked to female. I hope something else than Demon Hunter though. Which means the last spot is either a shield class (Paladin/Crusader) or a summoner (Necromancer). Depending on the Druid's implementation it can fill the summoner role however.

Heavy armor and shield guy is a given you just gotto have that in a RPG/ARPG. Now if it's paladin or crusader i dunno they are pretty similar but seeing as it was crusader last time my money is on the Paladin to return this time.

Btw anyone knows if we will have companions this time, like the templar for example in D3 and the mercs in D2? I do enjoy that to gear them and stuff but seeing as this is more open world with alot more characters in the world i doubt it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Btw anyone knows if we will have companions this time, like the templar for example in D3 and the mercs in D2? I do enjoy that to gear them and stuff but seeing as this is more open world with alot more characters in the world i doubt it.
    Nothing known about companions as far as I am aware, but I somehow have a feeling we probably won't see them, due to the more MMO-y nature of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Nothing known about companions as far as I am aware, but I somehow have a feeling we probably won't see them, due to the more MMO-y nature of the world.
    Yeah that's what i was thinking to, still hope we get something similar though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Oh sick! Good to hear.

Not to mention they only showed off specific talents. I'm sure you could go with all bear or wolf abilities and never use the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah that's what i was thinking to, still hope we get something similar though.
    I have a love hate relationship with companions. I loved using ranged ones with freeze in D2. I hated that they offered some pretty good buffs and abilities in D3 and it always ended up being the Templar that was best for my character. If he would have just shut up.