Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Anima is connected to Soulbinds, which is the max level power progression system of Shadowlands. What do you think you collect anima for? It is a power thing, but it's not spent on a necklace or on a weapon piece.
    Azerite was stamina, but Legion AP was the weapon with cool abilities. What Anima will unlock we don't know yet, but the system is very similar.
    Right, but there's a weekly cap. So it's more like Valor. Comparing it to AP feels very Legion/BFA-baby rather than having a functioning idea of the game's history. Currencies or time investment to reward is a thing in MMOs.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Anima is connected to Soulbinds, which is the max level power progression system of Shadowlands. What do you think you collect anima for? It is a power thing, but it's not spent on a necklace or on a weapon piece.
    Azerite was stamina, but Legion AP was the weapon with cool abilities. What Anima will unlock we don't know yet, but the system is very similar.
    He specifically said that there will be a cap for what provides your character power. My point is that there is an ENDLESS grind for Artifact Power and Azerite. This system is not that. It's a weekly cap to power followed by a choice to earn some cool rewards afterwards.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Oh, so we're moving the goal posts now. Got it.

    I do think it's better, by far. But people were stating unequivocally that it wasn't like AP and wasn't a grind.

    It is. It's just a (seemingly) better version of it. We'll see how it ends up panning out.
    But it isnt. Did you see the interview? He specifically said that every week there will be a minimal requirement akin to a weekly valor cap *Or even less*. Everything after is a personal choice and goes into utility and cosmetic stuff. People wanted to go back to a currency system and this is as close as it gets.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimeUK View Post
    It will undoubtedly be the latter since they want to give you options. The thing is with cosmetics is that you don't NEED to get those items. You WANT to. The difference is extremely important. If the grind was mandatory to raid or for high-end PvP or whatever, then there would be an issue. When the 'extra' grind is purely cosmetic then it's a player choice.
    Depends on the player I guess. In real life raiding is working 8-4, and if you're a youtuber or streamer, you're a lazy bastard in your family's eyes probably. In wow, if you're a collector, same applies to you, while you're the hard worker breadwinner if you're a raider. Oh, it's just cosmetics *shrug*. Tell you what. cosmetics are and have been the new hot topic in wow in the past 4-6 years. Allied races? heritage armour? island + mounts? Good morning. While you think only raids and power progression matters, there are a lot of people who emphasize on cosmetics. That's what sells. And with that, that's not really a choice. or jsut as much as AP grind for serious raiders.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    *Sigh*

    Like I said, you guys DON'T want to believe it. but you'll SEE in 4-5 months that Anima IS just Azerite.

    Trust me, we all want to have some hope that Blizzard wouldn't just turn Anima into this expansions Azerite Grind, but it's something that's going to happen no matter how much you guys don't want it or deny it.

    Believe me on this one. I'm sorry guys.
    As somebody else already posted, anyone keeping in the loop with the flow of information already knows it's Azerite as of the FinalBoss interview.

    That still doesn't really do anything for your argument, considering the 'forced' grind was what most people have been raking on and seemed tired of.

    If they get rid of that it's fine. People wanted Valor back. At the end of the day, a currency is a currency, whether it's called Azerite, Anima or Valor doesn't matter. They want to weekly cap the portion of it that offers you player power, while the 'infinite' or 'grind' portion moves away from that into cosmetics, which is optional.

    Does that mean people won't complain? No. People will still make it out to be 'mandatory to grind' if they -want- said cosmetics (considering cosmetics hold big value to players, as the cheers on customization prove). There's a clear difference inbetween something being mandatory to beat certain content or meet certain thresholds the community itself deems mandatory and something quite simply being a method to attain a clear reward that does not offer you numbers or player power. If the infinite grind stays, but is purely about cosmetic rewards, there's no such thing as lawyer speak behind the statements he's made on Anima so far. People wanted a weekly cap back, a clear goal to reach, not a grind treadmill, when it comes to player power. Done, that's it, argument over unless they don't hold up their end of that bargain. And yes, Anima coming from everywhere (supposedly) will still mean that there are certainly going to be 'more efficient ways' to attain your weekly cap. People in the 9.0 Thread have the expectation (likely from something said in the interview), that it will be easier to cap than Valor was on a weekly basis. Either way, that again falls back into the good old trap of blaming blizzard unironically over nothing vs player agency. If it's easy to cap and comes from everywhere, you very clearly have a certain choice in what content you want to do to cap it, as much as is realistically possible.

    It's peoples own decisions to only do the most efficient portions of content to reach said goal, it's literally never going to change in a way where you get the best of both worlds, not when everybody (even those who arguably don't even need to) is already putting themselves into the victim role of being "forced" into efficiency, whilst others are getting by perfectly fine, because they lack the ability to have agency over their own Gameplay, when a choice is given.

  6. #86
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    God forbid people have a different opinion and don't just kiss Blizzard's ass. Good lord, you fan boys are too much.
    You calling somebody a battered wife isn't ''having a different opinion''

    Grow up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    But it isnt. Did you see the interview? He specifically said that every week there will be a minimal requirement akin to a weekly valor cap *Or even less*. Everything after is a personal choice and goes into utility and cosmetic stuff. People wanted to go back to a currency system and this is as close as it gets.
    Where can I find the interviews done by Bay and Preach? Unless I'm blind I don't see them on the front page yet
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2019-11-02 at 03:50 PM.

  7. #87
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    33,316
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimeUK View Post
    It will undoubtedly be the latter since they want to give you options. The thing is with cosmetics is that you don't NEED to get those items. You WANT to. The difference is extremely important. If the grind was mandatory to raid or for high-end PvP or whatever, then there would be an issue. When the 'extra' grind is purely cosmetic then it's a player choice.
    I only wish more people would see it that way

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    There is no discussion. Half of the posts since yesterday is assuming shit or just saying outright what they DID say is a lie without knowing any better. Or whining about stuff without listening to what they said. E.g. the whole sylvanas is to powerful discussion witch is basically the plot of 9.0.

    Saying anima is azerit despite them telling us there is no power grind and then just wildly assuming stuff which we cannot know until the beta is just crazy sorry. It is seeing stuff that is not there.

    Do i say i won't happen? I don't know. But atleast i wait until we know more before stomping my food on the ground and just don't believe because my hatered of blizzard is so strong after BfA that seemingly nothing they do or say matters. And at that point there is no discussion possible. Because there is simply no way to get you away from your standpoint. It is an absolute.
    Here’s why:

    Mop/WoD: guys you’re going to be able to get your own legendary! It’s gonna be great progression throughout the expansion.

    Legion: we know that WoD legendary system sucked, we have a better one! Random drop legendaries and artifact power! It’s gonna be so much better, play however you want!

    BFA: Ok so the ap/random legendary system sucks, so we’ve replaced it with Azerite. Azerite is going to be so much better (as soon as we figure out what it is).

    Shadowlands: Ok so Azerite sucked, but we’ve replaced it with Anima! Anima is going to be so much better...

    You’re right that we don’t know but skepticism is certainly warranted at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You calling somebody a battered wife isn't ''having a different opinion''

    Grow up.
    If the shoe fits...You just can't stand people criticizing or having any different opinion.

    I think it's you that needs to grow up.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You calling somebody a battered wife isn't ''having a different opinion''

    Grow up.



    Where can I find the interviews done by Bay and Preach? Unless I'm blind I don't see them on the front page yet
    Literally on the previous page.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Fw...ature=youtu.be

    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    If the shoe fits...You just can't stand people criticizing or having any different opinion.

    I think it's you that needs to grow up.
    You made an absolutely ridiculous comparison, people called you out on it, and you got all defensive. If there's anyone needing to do any growing up...I'm afraid it is you.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimeUK View Post
    He specifically said that there will be a cap for what provides your character power. My point is that there is an ENDLESS grind for Artifact Power and Azerite. This system is not that. It's a weekly cap to power followed by a choice to earn some cool rewards afterwards.
    My point was to point out how different people mean different things with Ion saying "AP grind is over" period.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    You’re right that we don’t know but skepticism is certainly warranted at this point.
    This is targeting a very different issue, though. MoP was known for actually doing pretty decent with the Valor cap once you got over the hump of too many dailies being a thing in 5.0. After that, it was pretty good progression-wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    My point was to point out how different people mean different things with Ion saying "AP grind is over" period.
    But some of those people are objectively wrong.

    In 11.0, we discover that you can earn Badges of Butts and spend 50 Badges of Butts to add +5 item level to one of your items. You can only get 150 Badges of Butts every week. You can get them from anywhere, and usually can get your 150 with 3-5 hours of play within that week

    "This is just like an AP grind!"

    Except it's not. Not everything that you obtain in this fucking game is AP!

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Depends on the player I guess. In real life raiding is working 8-4, and if you're a youtuber or streamer, you're a lazy bastard in your family's eyes probably. In wow, if you're a collector, same applies to you, while you're the hard worker breadwinner if you're a raider. Oh, it's just cosmetics *shrug*. Tell you what. cosmetics are and have been the new hot topic in wow in the past 4-6 years. Allied races? heritage armour? island + mounts? Good morning. While you think only raids and power progression matters, there are a lot of people who emphasize on cosmetics. That's what sells. And with that, that's not really a choice. or jsut as much as AP grind for serious raiders.
    I understand cosmetics are more important to you, and to that end, I'd have thought the main focus of what was posted in this case was the changes to alts. This not only allows players who want cosmetic rewards from drops to do end-game progression while they level, but also allows you to join each covenant and gain the rewards from those. Are you suggesting that all cosmetics should be easy to get? Perhaps there could be a more interesting way to obtain these elements which aren't tied to the 'raiding' system. Ultimately I think that the system is an overall improvement for everyone and doesn't leave anyone behind. It offers the average player a way to remain relevant for the entire expansion and it also allows the average player to grind for cosmetics should they choose to.

  14. #94
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Thanks!

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Could be, but they literally stated there would be no "AP grind" in Shadowlands.

    AP existing without the grind would be fine.
    Well, yes, because Anima is not AP... yet. Also, you will be forced to brainlessly grind a ton of other stuff. The core problem is not being solved.

  16. #96
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,265
    Yea it probly is but they said in an interview there would be no way to repeatedly grind it. Like if you could only get AP through stuff like dailies, world quests, weekly quests, and weekly raid clears.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    You made an absolutely ridiculous comparison, people called you out on it, and you got all defensive. If there's anyone needing to do any growing up...I'm afraid it is you.
    You can whine about the analogy, but simple fact is that some people are just fanboying and can't stand any criticism to Blizzard.

    I think it's completely appropriate for people to be apprehensive after BFA, and not necessarily take their word at face value.

  18. #98
    It will be our engame resource, but I think a few notable key differences can be gleamed from it already:
    - likely be hard capped or at least harder capped this time around
    - likely be available from multiple relyable sources again (no more 50 from a m+ chest yet 5k from shitelands)
    - no item directly empowering us
    - will be used to buy/forge legendaries (major improvement of the legion implementation)
    - possible cosmetic uses for excess

    what will be similar
    - used to buy talents from the covenants as endgame progression
    - awfully suspicious name (as Ion already admitted).
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    You can whine about the analogy, but simple fact is that some people are just fanboying and can't stand any criticism to Blizzard.

    I think it's completely appropriate for people to be apprehensive after BFA, and not necessarily take their word at face value.
    Dude, this isn't being against criticism. And not taking word at face value is weird when we have specifics. I would understand if they said "Anima isn't like AP, it'll be infinitely usable for progression purposes BUT this time we're going to make it fun, we promise!" or something equally vague.

    But if anything we hear that's concrete like "There's a weekly cap that's reasonable" can just be criticized with "well, they're just lying," there's basically no reason to read or listen to anything about the development of the game whatsoever or discuss it on a forum and instead we should all just immediately assume now to not play. Which...defeats the purpose of fandom and talking about information we were just given. Like in this thread.

  20. #100
    Bloodsail Admiral TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    Well, yes, because Anima is not AP... yet. Also, you will be forced to brainlessly grind a ton of other stuff. The core problem is not being solved.
    This game has been nothing but endless grinds since it has existed.

    Are you all blind and crazy?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •