658. This poll is closed
  • Lich King

253 38.45%
  • Sylvanas

405 61.55%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    This is interesting, I guess the narrative is that the Jailer powers are insane if he is capable to boost Sylvanas at the level of LK Arthas, while Arthas was not
    Kil'jaeden or Sargeras he was still describe as one of the strongest beings that Azeroth had, not sure what to say, this new lore make Sargeras and his legion look like a joke in my eyes
    Her boosted power should be beyond what Arthas had as the LK. Original LK and sylvy with her new powers would be fun fight to watch, i'm sure she'd win..but the fight would be a sight to behold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah yes. All the true fanatics know Sylvanas would use the enigmatic power of the almighty, unexplained Jailer to tear the life out of Bolvar with ease because Blizzard said so.
    It is odd to introduce the new LK and already have him kneel easily to sylvanas. Blizz has some odd writing these days. I'm sure bolvar spent some time being confused and trying to understand his new power and abilities, but we don't know where/how and who he tested them on. This would have been an interesting question at blizzcon. *Where was bolvar testing his new powers?* of course they would most likely give some crappy answer..but would be interesting to hear their reply.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    he is trying to diplomatically say that she would still win

at least it confirms Arthas >>> Bolvar, which most of us already knew
    Pretty sure it just means she'll give Arthas a proper challenge. Though, that doesn't mean she would win.

- - - Updated - - -

It basically confirms that Sylvanas isn't on our N'zoth 1 shotting level at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think we will get clues in 8.3 and 8.3.5, as well as the prepatch and while levelling. that is when the build up will happen.
    If thats the case the cinematic shouldnt have been released yet. Doing it out of order breaks engagement

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    If thats the case the cinematic shouldnt have been released yet. Doing it out of order breaks engagement
    so you're saying they shouldn't have announced it at Blizzcon? cmon, seriously? all we got is a shot of the guy and a name - we will find more later, just gotta be patient.

so you're saying they shouldn't have announced it at Blizzcon? cmon, seriously? all we got is a shot of the guy and a name - we will find more later, just gotta be patient.
    It is interesting that some are saying the cinematic for bolvar was fan made. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    Vote who should have won and we will let the fans decide. Not some "PC" writer.
    *makes a poll expecting to embarrass blizz writers.
    *majority of voters support blizz writers.

How does it feel? I'd feel embarrassed.

I'm fine with slyvanas winning, it's just the way they had her win that was cringeworthy,

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Her boosted power should be beyond what Arthas had as the LK. Original LK and sylvy with her new powers would be fun fight to watch, i'm sure she'd win..but the fight would be a sight to behold.

Arthas vs Sylvanas end up with who absorb more souls and that will be the winner, this jailer who gave Sylvanas her powers seem to be a lich king of shadowlands, you could say he/she is what Arthas could have been if we didn't kill him

Its funny how Sylvanas story end up to be a copy paste or Arthas, kinda disappointing of the lack of imagination blizz had with her

Yes that is exactly what I and a LOT of other people are saying. If you have no basis for the power other than mary sue ass pull its better to not show it. Its reaching jump the shark levels currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It is odd to introduce the new LK and already have him kneel easily to sylvanas. Blizz has some odd writing these days. I'm sure bolvar spent some time being confused and trying to understand his new power and abilities, but we don't know where/how and who he tested them on. This would have been an interesting question at blizzcon. *Where was bolvar testing his new powers?* of course they would most likely give some crappy answer..but would be interesting to hear their reply.
    The whole plot of BfA was to funnel souls into Maw so that Jailer's power grows, and thus Sylvanas' power grows, because Jailer lends her some of his power. Meanwhile, Lich King's power is the copy of Jailer's power - the more undead he controls, the more powerful he gets. The 1st thing Bolvar did after becoming LK was sending Scourge to sleep. He also lost control over undead in Plaguelands. amd other ares beyond Northrend. Icecrown is empty. Icecrown Citadel is empty. The undead we see in the cinematic is literally everything he had. It wouldn't suprise me if Arthas had 100x more power than Bolvar. His army was absolutely massive. They swarmed the entire continent, lorewise the valleys of Icecrown were filled to the brim with undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Hard to say. We don't really know what Bolvar was capable of. We know Arthas was pretty impressive, we know Ner'zhul was really impressive. Bolvar was a dude with a hat tbh.
    Sitting on a frozen chair for years doesn’t give you much combat experience besides what you’ve been told through your agents and the crown.

Anduin could’ve killed him with one hit
    Malfurion could've thrown him off with a hurricane
    The Vindicaar could’ve killed him and the Scourge with one hit
    Bolvar is weaker than the PC in WoW even and probably weaker than Thrall (post Garrosh nerf) & Baine
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Anybody else feel like the pace of the fight was too slow? Like Bolvar and Sylvanas had negative haste stat? I almost feel like it would have been better if they just ran the fight scenes at a higher speed.
    You've been watching too much Dragonball Z.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

At least the majority is still

Sylvanas has made a pact with Helia and the Jailer; he somehow breaks death, and she opens the gate between the two dimensions. The maw is probably the power source of the jailer, and he shares his power with her. So yes, someone who is funneled by the power of death wins over someone who has only an artefact forged in the shadowlands.

The Lich King controlls death and undeath, but the Jailer IS death. So yes, i think that both the Arbiter and the Jailer is far stronger than the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    she got powers around the kirin tor mages.
    They trained her, they didn't grant her cosmic level powers. Sylvanis has basically home grown her power via getting lots of people dead. Jaina is just inherently powerful and include also that much of her new found strength is from taking a face full of focusing iris and thats fine but it doesn't make her any more legit than the way Sylvanis did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    *makes a poll expecting to embarrass blizz writers.
    *majority of voters support blizz writers.

How does it feel? I'd feel embarrassed.
    Blizzard’s writers are still shit. The fact so many reckon Bolvar would win is because Sylvanas’ new power increase was poorly explored ingame. The storytelling is shit as usual.

There’s also a visual issue, since her power looks like any other kind of dark magic that she’d he expected to use. The only way you find out that it’s not her usual stuff is from one line of dialogue that Lor’thewho has and you don’t see that if you’re a loyalist and I’m not even sure if it’s made particularly obvious to the rebel scum.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Yes that is exactly what I and a LOT of other people are saying. If you have no basis for the power other than mary sue ass pull its better to not show it. Its reaching jump the shark levels currently.
    Except we all got a taste of the power Sylvanas had in the 8.2.5 cinematic and it was also explained to us at Blizzcon. So it wasn’t really out of the blue

Except we all got a taste of the power Sylvanas had in the 8.2.5 cinematic and it was also explained to us at Blizzcon. So it wasn’t really out of the blue
    Yes it still is, there was no build up its just haha I have special powers that no one knows about or has ever seen ever in the history of Azeroth. Given by some entity that doesnt even have a name yet and who hasnt existed until now. Its sloppy story telling

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    They trained her, they didn't grant her cosmic level powers. Sylvanis has basically home grown her power via getting lots of people dead. Jaina is just inherently powerful and include also that much of her new found strength is from taking a face full of focusing iris and thats fine but it doesn't make her any more legit than the way Sylvanis did it.
    Jiana got a power boost from the Thorne of thunder she drained all the power that was left after lei Shens death into her staff which is proabbly a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blizzard’s writers are still shit. The fact so many reckon Bolvar would win is because Sylvanas’ new power increase was poorly explored ingame. The storytelling is shit as usual.

There’s also a visual issue, since her power looks like any other kind of dark magic that she’d he expected to use. The only way you find out that it’s not her usual stuff is from one line of dialogue that Lor’thewho has and you don’t see that if you’re a loyalist and I’m not even sure if it’s made particularly obvious to the rebel scum.
    Sylvanas has been shown to be either really powerful or growing in power every expan other then tbc and wod it’s not poor writer that makes people think bolvar would win it’s not paying attention to every thing that has been shown in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Jiana got a power boost from the Thorne of thunder she drained all the power that was left after lei Shens death into her staff which is proabbly a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas has been shown to be either really powerful or growing in power every expan other then tbc and wod it’s not poor writer that makes people think bolvar would win it’s not paying attention to every thing that has been shown in game.
    Compare Sylvanas in the War of Thorns almost losing to Malfurion. Then look at the Shadowlands cinematic.

Blizzard’s “power levels” are all over the place. Paying attention to them is a complete and utter waste of time unless dialogue makes a specific mention to it.

If we're talking bolvar then sylvanas should have won outright. Shes not stronger by any means, but shes smarter and thats how she won. She deflected one blow, the rest of them she dodged and placed those arrows in the optimal spots.

Id imagine arthas would have been a totally different story,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate