Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    When you've leveled more than a few times, you don't feel any "joy" in getting a gear upgrade. I couldn't care less of my blue axe of +5 damage is replaced with blue sword of +6 damage as long as it gets me from point A to point B faster.
    Speak for your yourself mate. I still enjoy getting gear upgrades after 13 years of gametime. So I repeat again: noone would get hurt if heirlooms would not take up almost all slots, but many people would enjoy leveling more. Can we just move on now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Speak for your yourself mate. I still enjoy getting gear upgrades after 13 years of gametime. So I repeat again: noone would get hurt if heirlooms would not take up almost all slots, but many people would enjoy leveling more. Can we just move on now?
    Gear upgrades are great on max level characters, but old zones are tired at this point for people who level a lot. I'm glad you still enjoy it, but I doubt most people care. We can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Well, so they scale them down with the levels as we are scaled down? Doesn't exactly take rocket science to understand that.
    Well it clearly does take rocket science if you are that narrow minded.

The heirlooms are upgraded (from 60 > 90 > 100 > 110 > 120)

That's a lot of gold/time investment...now that we are back to level 60, what happens to the ranks? Are you saying they get scaled down too? That wouldn't make much sense.

Looks like there's gonna be a lot of unhappy players

Finally a change to get rid of Heirlooms.

Replace them with a % xp buff, but making gear drops obsolete during leveling makes for very boring leveling content. Leveling hasn't been fun since TBC, and in part that's because of Heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Well, they level to 120
    What about food from Kul Tiras?? Will I be able to use my feast from Kul Tiran cooking in Shadowlands?? It's for 120 guys, what do I do??

It's gonna scale lol I don't understand the panic - if they don't remove them, which they should

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    What about food from Kul Tiras?? Will I be able to use my feast from Kul Tiran cooking in Shadowlands?? It's for 120 guys, what do I do??

It's gonna scale lol I don't understand the panic - if they don't remove them, which they should
    It's because they have so many tiers that it remains a question.

Taking the current tiers and scaling them wouldn't make much sense, especially since you can level 10-50 in one expansion area.

Please read my reply above to the other one who also seems to lack basic logic like you.
    i stand uncorrected... do not use heirlooms if you wish to use other armors to replace your gears with. simple. And you have a choice, more xp or other stats. What you were suggesting was for blizzard to nerf the heirlooms for your so called amazing idea "or removed completely".

Simple, either you choose to level up with heirlooms, or you dont. Dont think rest of us wanna follow your suit... or even better, you could try play classic instead. bet you wont see any heirlooms there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    i stand uncorrected... do not use heirlooms if you wish to use other armors to replace your gears with. simple. And you have a choice, more xp or other stats.
    I want the XP boost AND the gear upgrades. Noone sane would pick a small gear upgrade over the XP boost. Noone. I have no sensible choice at the moment but to wear these shitty heirlooms and lose the gameplay of gear upgrades. Not sure why some people are unable to understand this, but my ignore list still has some room left.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I understand and even approve of the changes to leveling, but what will happen to heirlooms ?
    I guess that heirloom would be level scaled as well, with base gear starting at 30, not 60, and go up from there every 10 levels to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Well it clearly does take rocket science if you are that narrow minded.

The heirlooms are upgraded (from 60 > 90 > 100 > 110 > 120)

That's a lot of gold/time investment...now that we are back to level 60, what happens to the ranks? Are you saying they get scaled down too? That wouldn't make much sense.

Looks like there's gonna be a lot of unhappy players
    Just make them 20-30-40-50-60. Problem solved, move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Just make them 20-30-40-50-60. Problem solved, move on.
    I really doubt that's what's going to happen.

1-50 will be 70% faster than 1-120, according to the deep dive.

You can do 11-50 in one expansion zone if you want.

There's less value in heirlooms as a whole, as it stands, and even less in having so many tiers. I'm thinking it's going to be streamlined.

Yeah I like the XP boost but very strongly dislike that 9 out of 10 gear drops/rewards are useless because I obviously won't unequip the xp boost. What is not quite clear here? How would anyone suffer any negative effect if heirlooms would not actually take up any gear slot?
    After leveling so many characters over the years, I REALLY like not having to worry about most of my slots when doing so.

Basically you need to figure out which you'd like to prioritize: switching out gear or having an XP boost.